The Student Room Group

Yet another black male killed in Ferguson.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MJlover
Interesting how, the 'white' people on this thread insist that we wait for more evidence to clear up but still put the blame on the black boy regardless of the fact that the facts haven't cleared up yet.

Not on CCTV or anything.

He's pictured on CCTV to be pointing the gun at the police officer.

Do your homework.
Original post by MJlover
Interesting how, the 'white' people on this thread insist that we wait for more evidence to clear up but still put the blame on the black boy regardless of the fact that the facts haven't cleared up yet.

Not on CCTV or anything.

Pulling a weapon on someone, police officer or otherwise, justifies you getting lit up. Sorry to hurt your precious world view
Original post by A5ko
CCTV shows him pulling a gun on the police officer. Whether it's a fake gun or not is immaterial. With two NY cops being executed only days ago, do you really expect the cop to take any chances, would you?

You don't push your luck with an armed human being, we all get scared in the face of death.

* Also: Just because you may happen to be black, doesn't suddenly make you an expert. Regardless of colour, people do stupid ****, this kid got killed because of it.

Original post by Dodgypirate
He's pictured on CCTV to be pointing the gun at the police officer.

Do your homework.

Original post by bertstare
Pulling a weapon on someone, police officer or otherwise, justifies you getting lit up. Sorry to hurt your precious world view

well I was responding to the comments before the video was shown.
Original post by the bear
"V53", the officer who shot and killed Duggan, testified that Duggan was still holding a gun after both of the shots were fired, saying his eyes were "glued to the gun."

I am inclined to believe a trained firearms officer.

erm, except why should we believe that when reports show he had no gun when his body was found? did he suddenly come back to life to hide his gun?

Don't get this massive trust we are supposed to have in the police.
Original post by MJlover
ok but what community are we talking about?

Young, black and white youths from lower, working class backgrounds.
I'm training to be cop as we speak - it sickens me that I'll have to face this kind of **** when I make a career out of it, but regardless I work for my country and for my people.

" My country and my people"
Not justice for all. Not all people. Just a traditional cop then. Perhaps you've hit the nail on the head.
America is going about this the wrong way.
Original post by Annabelle-xx
America is going about this the wrong way.

Priceless! Applies to any year since before independence? Possibly since Eve had a chat with a snake.
Original post by Hopefulbunny
" My country and my people"
Not justice for all. Not all people. Just a traditional cop then. Perhaps you've hit the nail on the head.

A traditional cop as in "into his traditions"? Or did you mean "typical"? Don't know? Here's it in a sentence: "A typical response to law enforcement in Ferguson, Missouri is to plunder every gas station in sight of the scene of the incident". Still unsure, here are some more uses: "It was supposed to be a typical Tuesday night for Antonio Martin, choosing as he did to work on extending a number of convictions typical for the area. Pulling up his jeans (only so far) he checked his magazine. 3 rounds short of a full clip. Typical!".
A question to everyone, especially those bad mouthing the police here.

If somebody a few yards away points a gun at a cop when challenged, should the cop be free to shoot in self defence?
Title should be:

Yet another black male carrying a gun

How any moron can argue against shooting this idiot is beyond me! Guess its the Guardian brigade...... :rolleyes:
Original post by PrincessAlexis

The truth is there is an issue between any criminals and the police in America

Fixed that for you.
Idiot pulls gun out at cop. Idiot gets what he deserves.

Racists call the cop racist.

Round and round we go.
Original post by Blaq_widow
You're like the typical racist apologist, so predictable it hurts. It has nothing to do with white vs black and everything to do with institutional racism, law enforcement abusing their power and killing these black men while not being brought to justice.

In this particular case who knows what happened but your lack of empathy, dismissive attitude and wilfull ignorance as to the real issue at hand is telling to say the least.

So were the police right to shoot this black kid who pulled a guy?

Yes or no

If they were right- then how is it anything to do with institutional racism?
Original post by billydisco
Message to mods- don't delete my posts just because you don't like the truth. Operation trident WAS a police operation setup due to problems within the black community and therefore I have every right to state black youths have had issues in the UK! Here's my evidence:

http://content.met.police.uk/Site/gangcrime

We find it revolting how people like you twist an issue of criminal gang culture into an issue of race. People on both "sides" do it. You seem to be on the "far right". But those on the "left" do it too, with their constant framing of these events in terms of race.

You and Al Sharpton have more in common than you might think. You're both racists.
Original post by felamaslen
This particular shooting is not an issue of race.

If its not to do with race, then why are lots of black people "protesting" that it is about race?
If its not to do with race, then why are lots of black people "protesting" that it is about race?

Because the media is racist and encouraging them to be so too.
The community is bloody stupid. We know he pointed a gun at a cop. They don't care if a cop kills someone unarmed on camera in NY though.

Original post by felamaslen
Because the media is racist and encouraging them to be so too.

Suuuuuuuuuure.

Doubt.
Suuuuuuuuuure.

Doubt.

OK, it's not necessarily the media. The media is a very diverse thing anyway. But there is definitely a culture of racism in which people are encouraged to treat the killing of a black person differently to how they would a white person (i.e. treat the black person as a victim regardless of whether he was innocent or a thug like this guy).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending