The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Oh ffs.. I spent 20min deciding between Terry and Cahill and guess who I went for? Cahill obviously :mad:

That cost me 9 points..
I see I've made it to the top of the tsr league, better enjoy it while it lasts :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
decided to ditch fabregas after listening to 'experienced' voices talking about doubling up on Chelsea midfield being overkill.

Blaze your own trail, kids.
5 on the bounce in the H2H league.

Tough decisions on the card this week though. If Clichy doesn't come back in could be in a spot of bother, especially if Hazard isnt going to play. Still trying to decide what to do with Siggy :/
Original post by sr90
Costa recent scores: 1, 0, 1, 5, 2

If there was a single 'premium' striker worth getting atm i'd be shipping him out. Hazard/Fab is enough.

Exactly.

Were Sturridge or aguero fit, Costa would be gone.
The issue I have is that losing him would leave me too much funds and I literally don't know where to apply them.
Original post by sr90
Costa recent scores: 1, 0, 1, 5, 2

If there was a single 'premium' striker worth getting atm i'd be shipping him out. Hazard/Fab is enough.

Wish I didn't listen to you guys when I said this a few GWs back. But, even so there are such a lack of attractive striking options after Aguero. Rooney, RVP, Costa all doing ok, but not what you'd expect. I'll probably keep him until Aguero returns and ensure there is enough in the bank to do that on a FT - or hopefully he improves by then.

Original post by Isometrix
Lost the confidence in captaining Costa anymore. Tempted to stick it on Fabregas for next week.

He's not capable of big hauls week after week though; not a great captaincy choice imo as he likes his 3,6, 8 type of hauls.

Original post by Lúcio
Exactly.

Were Sturridge or aguero fit, Costa would be gone.
The issue I have is that losing him would leave me too much funds and I literally don't know where to apply them.

That's the thing. I'd quite like Kane as he is on form. Bony is going to ACON soon, Lukaku doesn't get high enough totals.

But that gives me such a vast amount of value to the point it doesn't really improve my team - with an expensive midfield and defence already out there.
Are we going to do the TSR cup this season as well? because the FPL cup is starting this GW...
Original post by mr tim
Are we going to do the TSR cup this season as well? because the FPL cup is starting this GW...

Having won it last year my prize was apparently to organise it this year courtesy of little wizard :colonhash:

If anyone else would like to organise it that would be great.

(I'm looking at you mr tim :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gob Bluth
Eriksen, Man City defender.

Clyne/Ash Williams out for Man City defender. Doubling up on Southampton is not worth value. Man City have a good fixture list and are keeping more CS atm, especially with Aguero gone. Doubling up on them is something I'm considering with Demi and Clichy.

Is Sammy under 5.0? If not get rid of him for someone like Lucas.

Eriksen is a better shout than Sigs atm. Eriksen is fantastic value as well really for his stats over this and last season too.

Zab is too prone to being rotated. Demi is the best choice imo.

Seems Southampton were worth doubling up on this week :teeth:

98 points for me :blush:
Original post by sr90
Charlie Austin, plays for QPR. Scored goals for fun no matter what level he's played at and he's had a good pre season.

I effectively have 4 strikers if Sanchez is ever played up top, which I can see happening. Wenger has talked about it already.

Good shout this pal, did you have Austin in your team from August when you made that post?
Tomorrow is the begining of my miraculous comeback from 95th.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Good shout this pal, did you have Austin in your team from August when you made that post?

Had him in all my drafts throughout the summer but I took him out the night before the game started :sad:

Not surprised at all to see him come good though, only reason I don't own him now is cos i've got Kane who is also scoring pts.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Had him in all my drafts throughout the summer but I took him out the night before the game started :sad:

Not surprised at all to see him come good though, only reason I don't own him now is cos i've got Kane who is also scoring pts.

I didn't have him at the start but got him in about 4/5 weeks ago which was well timed as he was still very cheap and he has scored a lot since then.

Funnily enough I was toying with the idea of getting Kane around the same time but he didn't seem to be getting much game time, as whenever I've seen Kane I've thought he looks a very good young player, but am happy with Austin at the moment.

However Costa may be on my transfer list soon, I'm watching him carefully. Have currently got Costa, Austin and Giroud as my forwards.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
I didn't have him at the start but got him in about 4/5 weeks ago which was well timed as he was still very cheap and he has scored a lot since then.

Funnily enough I was toying with the idea of getting Kane around the same time but he didn't seem to be getting much game time, as whenever I've seen Kane I've thought he looks a very good young player, but am happy with Austin at the moment.

However Costa may be on my transfer list soon, I'm watching him carefully. Have currently got Costa, Austin and Giroud as my forwards.

If Aguero hadn't of got injured, Costa's ownership would have plummeted.

Sturridge at 11.1 could be very interesting, as will Falcao if he gets a run of games. He's scored or assisted in every game he's started. However for now, there's nobody else worth getting.
Original post by sr90
If Aguero hadn't of got injured, Costa's ownership would have plummeted.

I'm keeping faith with him. Home to West Ham, I think he could have a decent day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
I'm keeping faith with him. Home to West Ham, I think he could have a decent day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The annoying thing with Chelsea under Mourinho is that they'll never tear someone apart like previous Chelsea teams did. Every season there would always be 1 or 2 teams that got utterly destroyed at the Bridge. This Chelsea side go 2/3-0 up and call it a day.
How many starters does everyone have on the bench? I have wisdom who is playing city so he is useless, Andy King who has started last two games:ahee: and Duff who is forever injured :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
How many starters does everyone have on the bench? I have wisdom who is playing city so he is useless, Andy King who has started last two games:ahee: and Duff who is forever injured :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This game week 2 if you include the keeper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger

Posted from TSR Mobile

Finally subbed Moore out, so all my outfield players will play. You're going to need your bench over the next week as players get injured/rotated.
Original post by sr90
The annoying thing with Chelsea under Mourinho is that they'll never tear someone apart like previous Chelsea teams did. Every season there would always be 1 or 2 teams that got utterly destroyed at the Bridge. This Chelsea side go 2/3-0 up and call it a day.

Spoiler

Usually Xmas and late season we do a spanking.

Reckon we'll give Liverpool and United spankings at the bridge this season.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest