Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsNerd1
Send me your answer and I'll see if it's the way I have in mind

Spoilered it:

Spoiler

Original post by Anonynous
Spoilered it:

Spoiler

That's the way I have too, it just shows you how you can actually know a lot by the small amount of information given, at least that's what I think.
That's the way I have too, it just shows you how you can actually know a lot by the small amount of information given, at least that's what I think.

I don't think I would've figured that out under interview pressure. I read the question like 10 times and was thinking for a while :lol:

The questions above, were they asked on SWs interviews? :eek:
Spoilered it:

Spoiler

Yeah. It's that

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think I would've figured that out under interview pressure. I read the question like 10 times and was thinking for a while :lol:

Question was part of a fun game at one of my SWs
They'd give you hints if you were foundering

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
Question was part of a fun game at one of my SWs
They'd give you hints if you were foundering

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I had 10 minutes or so, I wouldn't mind. They're actually fun to do. Used to do riddles all the time.

It's all just about how you handle yourself under pressure and being able to think logically about what has been given. Some of the questions asked of this form don't have an exact answer, instead they care more about how you approach the question.

I'm not sure what they were for, probably summer interviews but they were mentioned on the site I've got these questions from.

You have 5 pots of coins. One of the pots contains only fake coins. The normal coins weigh 10 grams. The fake coins weigh 9 grams. You are given a weighing scales (one you would use to weigh yourself, not a balancing scales) and allowed to make only one measurement. How do you determine which pot contains the fake coins?
This was asked by DB

No idea, I've thought but all my answers require more than one measurement.
No idea, I've thought but all my answers require more than one measurement.

Sent you a PM
Reply 3249
If any maths questions were to come up, it will be mental. Jjust stay composed, you'll be fine. All the best!

I hope so - providing I don't screw them up either, haha. Here's hoping, cheers! :smile:
Ah okay, but surely these types of questions aren't actually very mathematical, at least in my opinion they aren't.

That's why they are called brainteasers and not maths questions. I guess its to see how you think, not how well you can calculate things. Makes sense - shows how you deal with pressure as well.
Original post by JackR7821
That's why they are called brainteasers and not maths questions. I guess its to see how you think, not how well you can calculate things. Makes sense - shows how you deal with pressure as well.

That's true.
so anyone (or your friends, or friend's friends etc) heard anything from JP morgan (IBD spring week)? offers? rejections? interviews? horrible interview stories? :eek: heard nothing for anyone so far :redface:
Original post by DavidMonk
so anyone (or your friends, or friend's friends etc) heard anything from JP morgan (IBD spring week)? offers? rejections? interviews? horrible interview stories? :eek: heard nothing for anyone so far :redface:

Interviews have been given and rejections have started being distributed.

Questions are competency/motivation for interview.

You should hear back sometime in january. Good luck!
Barclays phone interview, does anyone know what dates their SW is?
Original post by President M.E.

Nice when did you apply?
Original post by Drossell
Nice when did you apply?

Beginning of november
Has anyone received/done the Morgan Stanley final interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

jeez man, youre on fire! not sure, gl

Solid performance :biggrin: Congratulations!

Latest

Trending

Trending