The Student Room Group

AS Maths students, what module/s are you doing for mocks?

And what modules/topics are you/have you done??

I'm doing C1 as mock

Complete C1
Half way through C2
Just started M1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by naxiv

I'm doing C1 as mock

Complete C1
Half way through C2
Just started M1

C1 & S1 for mocks (although we still have a bit of S1 left to do, I think they are going to take out the parts we haven't learnt yet though.)

Starting C2 after Christmas and finishing S1.
Reply 2
Original post by elishx__h
C1 & S1 for mocks (although we still have a bit of S1 left to do, I think they are going to take out the parts we haven't learnt yet though.)

C2 is quite solid
Hardest AS module
Original post by naxiv

I'm doing C1 as mock

Complete C1
Half way through C2
Just started M1

For AS maths I'm doing AQA:

C1 - January Mock
C2
D1

For AS further maths I'm doing AQA:

FP1
M1 - January Mock
D2

The hardest AS maths module is C2, hardest further module is FP1
Original post by naxiv
C2 is quite solid
Hardest AS module

Yeah it looks like a big jump from C1. :ashamed2:
I might start briefly learning some topics if I have enough time in these holidays tbh.
How are you revising for C1? :smile:
Finished C1 basically

Done no C2

Done Binomial and Probability in Stats

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Yeah it looks like a big jump from C1. :ashamed2:
I might start briefly learning some topics if I have enough time in these holidays tbh.
How are you revising for C1? :smile:

C1 is really easy
It's very basic: basically algebra and s&s.
I guess I'll flick through some youtube vids
You?
Original post by naxiv
C1 is really easy
It's very basic: basically algebra and s&s.
I guess I'll flick through some youtube vids
You?

Well I subscribed to mathsbank, which is really good because its filled with exam questions & solutions. It works out to be £2 a month for a year (£24 in total). So I'll be on there mostly. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Well I subscribed to mathsbank, which is really good because its filled with exam questions & solutions. It works out to be £2 a month for a year (£24 in total). So I'll be on there mostly. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which topics do you struggle, if no with?
I'm doing A2 Maths, but AS Further.

I'm in the middle of FP1 and M1, but I'll be doing an M1 mock because the proper AS Further class are doing it (I learn it online), and I've already done Physics, so hopefully I'll be able to do most of the paper.

I'll also be starting D2 as part of Further next term, I can't wait!
Original post by naxiv
Which topics do you struggle, if no with?

For me, it's mainly the chapter 6 (series & sequences) longer based questions. For example:
"On Alice's 11th birthday she started to receive an annual allowance. The first annual allowance was £500 and on each following birthday the allowance was increased by £200.......
c) Find the total of the allowances that Alice had received up to and including her 18th birthday.
When the total of the allowances that Alice had received reached £32 000 the allowance stopped.
d) Find how old Alice was when she received her last allowance."

Do you have any tips? I'd be so greatful!

Other than that, sometimes I get a bit confused with co-ordinate geometry when there's 2 points on a line given, but I just need a lot of practice from past papers. Hbu?
C1 and S1
Original post by heavyhandscott
Finished C1 basically

Done no C2

Done Binomial and Probability in Stats

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the same as you mate; for stats are you on aqa? If so, did you spend any time on mean/median from frequency table?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
C1
Combined C2 and S1
Doing FP1 and C1

done C1
1/3 C2
half of D1
started M1
Finished FP1
Reply 15
For me, it's mainly the chapter 6 (series & sequences) longer based questions. For example:
"On Alice's 11th birthday she started to receive an annual allowance. The first annual allowance was £500 and on each following birthday the allowance was increased by £200.......
c) Find the total of the allowances that Alice had received up to and including her 18th birthday.
When the total of the allowances that Alice had received reached £32 000 the allowance stopped.
d) Find how old Alice was when she received her last allowance."

Do you have any tips? I'd be so greatful!

Other than that, sometimes I get a bit confused with co-ordinate geometry when there's 2 points on a line given, but I just need a lot of practice from past papers. Hbu?

For total - have you come across 1/2n (a+l)?
That's the question for the sum?
d) basically linear equation
200n+300>£32,000
n>£31,700/200
Reply 16

I'm at the same stage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
But I don't understand proof/language of maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by naxiv
For total - have you come across 1/2n (a+l)?
That's the question for the sum?
d) basically linear equation
200n+300>£32,000
n>£31,700/200

Thanks :smile: I just realised I was making silly mistakes. I guess I'll spend a while going through some more of those questions....
Btw guys, how are you making notes for maths (if you are)? Do you think it's better to make notes, or to keep on doing questions throughout the year, and look at those examples during revision? Right now I have a cgp book, but I've written all over it with neat examples of questions and how to work them out, I also combined some extra notes I found in textbooks. I'm just so stuck on whether to continue doing that/making those notes (very time consuming) or just keep on practicing questions until the procedure stays in my head and look at my previous worked out questions for help. :confused:

Hopefully that all made sense aha. ^^^. So yeah, I was wondering what you guys are doing? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest