The Student Room Group

I do not understand guys...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bittr n swt
Shockingly so are girls.

I think it's the case of girls finding it hard to understand guys and guys finding it hard to understand girls
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Approach him first then, be genuinely interested and friendly, if he doesn't want to chat, you'll soon get the message.

Okay thanks, you've been really helpful :smile:
Original post by azhar-1998
Guys can be moody at times , trust me you don't wanna be near them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh I tend to avoid them when they're moody :s
If he doesn't want to open up to you, there is not much you can do. Just don't take it personally unless your'e completely sure.

Completely sure of what?
Original post by Anonymous
Completely sure of what?

Completely sure he's holding a grudge, finding it hard to get along with you... ect ect I find that people tend to jump to conclusions and make a matter worse, when in reality it will be a completely unrelated incident.
Completely sure he's holding a grudge, finding it hard to get along with you... ect ect I find that people tend to jump to conclusions and make a matter worse, when in reality it will be a completely unrelated incident.

I'll talk to him again and see how it goes from there
I'll talk to him again and see how it goes from there

Hope it goes well, always nice to have a new friend to chat to.
Hope it goes well, always nice to have a new friend to chat to.

So the first time I met this guy, he kept on coming up to me and making conversations. The next time I saw him, he seems to be really blunt to me and I haven't done anything to upset him. Does anyone else experience this or know why he might act like that? And shall I be friendly to him the next time I see him or leave him alone?

Maybe he noticed you like someone else, or thinks you do. It can feel very demoralising.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Maybe he noticed you like someone else, or thinks you do. It can feel very demoralising.

So would guys be blunt if they think a girl likes someone else? But I don't think he thinks I like someone else, I've never mentioned or looked at anyone else around him.
So the first time I met this guy, he kept on coming up to me and making conversations. The next time I saw him, he seems to be really blunt to me and I haven't done anything to upset him. Does anyone else experience this or know why he might act like that? And shall I be friendly to him the next time I see him or leave him alone?

If he is repeteadly annoying/ harassing you tell him to leave you alone, if he keeps doing it tell him to **** off. If he isn't harassing you etc, you aren't annoyed by it, then maybe just be nice to him maybe he is attracted to you. But again if you don't share those mutual feelings, politely decline him.
Original post by AandFapplicant
If he is repeteadly annoying/ harassing you tell him to leave you alone, if he keeps doing it tell him to **** off. If he isn't harassing you etc, you aren't annoyed by it, then maybe just be nice to him maybe he is attracted to you. But again if you don't share those mutual feelings, politely decline him.

He hasn't been harrasing me. I just don't understand the suddent bluntness. And I can't imagine him being attracted to me, he's way too good looking
They aren't as complicated as us women!
Original post by The Juan
We don't hate women we just say what they want to here and don't expect them to understand what we mean half the time.

i think the saddest thing about this sentence is that you honestly don't seem to see the problem with it. ain't casual misogyny just the darnedest thing?

i wouldn't approach him if i were you, op. if he's really acted bluntly and disinterestedly towards you, the ball's in his court now
People have a tendancy to over-think ****.

Just don't bother. There's not context to everything.
Original post by Autumnsong
i think the saddest thing about this sentence is that you honestly don't seem to see the problem with it. ain't casual misogyny just the darnedest thing?

i wouldn't approach him if i were you, op. if he's really acted bluntly and disinterestedly towards you, the ball's in his court now

I'm just hoping that he would come up to me first next time I see him
Original post by nicatre
People have a tendancy to over-think ****.

Just don't bother. There's not context to everything.

Are you basically saying just leave it then?
Original post by Annabelle-xx
They aren't as complicated as us women!

I suppose, but some of us are an open book. It's easy to see how we feel by our expressions imo.
Are you basically saying just leave it then?

I'm saying don't read into everything. Just take them for what they are. And FFS if you want to know something about how someone feels ASK THEM!
Original post by AandFapplicant

Projecting much?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending