The Student Room Group

Employer has not paid me

I handed my notice in at the beginning of November and I still worked the remaining month which I should get paid for. However, people who I worked with have said they have already been paid.. Well I haven't had a penny from them! We access our wage slip on their website but they have closed it down so I cannot get access to my wage slips. I have no idea what to do! I have put down hours and shifts in my diary but I cannot get anywhere without a wage slip. Will Citizens Advice help me in a case like like this? I really need this money for my rent and train for uni next month! Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Butterfly92xo
I handed my notice in at the beginning of November and I still worked the remaining month which I should get paid for. However, people who I worked with have said they have already been paid.. Well I haven't had a penny from them! We access our wage slip on their website but they have closed it down so I cannot get access to my wage slips. I have no idea what to do! I have put down hours and shifts in my diary but I cannot get anywhere without a wage slip. Will Citizens Advice help me in a case like like this? I really need this money for my rent and train for uni next month! Posted from TSR Mobile

1) Contact your employer directly, try to solve it in a mature fashion.
2) Contact citizen advice if 1 doesn't work.
3) Contact a lawyer?
Reply 2
Yea recommend you speak to the company and see what the situation is before jumping to conclusions and making rash decisions.
Phone the company head office and if still no luck phone acas.

Thanks for the responses so far. I know I am overreacting, I am just very worried as I have my rent due and without that money I am going to really struggle! Thank you. I will be sorting it out on Monday :smile:
Thanks for the responses so far. I know I am overreacting, I am just very worried as I have my rent due and without that money I am going to really struggle! Thank you. I will be sorting it out on Monday :smile:

How did you get on with sorting it?
And like the others dais really, try to sort it out with your employer first. And if they dont sort it, get in touch with the citizens advice bureau or acas who can help you.
Original post by Emma:-)
How did you get on with sorting it?
And like the others dais really, try to sort it out with your employer first. And if they dont sort it, get in touch with the citizens advice bureau or acas who can help you.

Hi. It has been sorted. They have paid me and my last wages will be in January. Thank you for asking :smile: I am a happy bunny now haha.
Hi. It has been sorted. They have paid me and my last wages will be in January. Thank you for asking :smile: I am a happy bunny now haha.

Thats good then. At least its sorted now, and you dont have to chase them or take it any further or anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending