The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For GS in the 'Personal Statement' section of the application form, what does it mean by 'Please state your spring dates in the cover letter box below'? Is it a range of dates that you are free? I would have thought that the dates would be fixed? Can someone unconfused me please, thanks!
Original post by Anonynous
Interviews have been given and rejections have started being distributed.

Questions are competency/motivation for interview.

You should hear back sometime in january. Good luck!

sorry I didn't get you, do you mean all interviews have been given? so if someone hasn't heard about interview by now it's not looking hopeful? ahhh poo!
Original post by Anonynous
Solid performance :biggrin: Congratulations!

:biggrin: Thanks bro!
Original post by DavidMonk
sorry I didn't get you, do you mean all interviews have been given? so if someone hasn't heard about interview by now it's not looking hopeful? ahhh poo!

No, they've started the process I meant.
Original post by welcometoib
jeez man, youre on fire! not sure, gl

Have you heard anything from CS yet man?
Original post by forest123
Yep thats the one. It was as you'd expect, 30 minutes of just competency questions. But I finished a bit early so they asked me about 'global issues' at the moment. Oh and it was with an Associate instead of HR.

Hey,
May I ask when you received the invitation for the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
I'll give you some more time to think about it before I PM you the answer

Some more if you can't get that one.

You have 5 pots of coins. One of the pots contains only fake coins. The normal coins weigh 10 grams. The fake coins weigh 9 grams. You are given a weighing scales (one you would use to weigh yourself, not a balancing scales) and allowed to make only one measurement. How do you determine which pot contains the fake coins?
This was asked by DB

You are blindfolded and sit in front of a table. On the table are many coins, 10 of which have heads facing up. How do you split the group of coins into two groups such that the same number of coins are heads-up in each group? You don’t know how many coins there are and you can’t tell which side is facing up in any way.
This was asked by JP and GS

Can you please explain the first one? Got my ideas but dont know if they are "allowed".
Original post by Mralpha
Can you please explain the first one? Got my ideas but dont know if they are "allowed".

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by stirkee

Please spoiler your answer so others can try it, if they want to.
Original post by MathsNerd1
Please spoiler your answer so others can try it, if they want to.

oops, my bad!
Original post by The-Illusionist
Hey,
May I ask when you received the invitation for the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So I got an email from HR on the 18th (I had to confirm whether I was interested in risk or investment banking) and then on the 19th I received an email from my interviewer confirming the interview time. And then had my interview on Tuesday :smile:
Reply 3271
Original post by forest123
Yep thats the one. It was as you'd expect, 30 minutes of just competency questions. But I finished a bit early so they asked me about 'global issues' at the moment. Oh and it was with an Associate instead of HR.

I had exactly the same structure of phone interview today for the: experience the markets programme.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard back from JPM Winning Women Programme? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
has anyone heard from RBC capital markets post numerical?? :colone:

monk.
Original post by LFR
I had exactly the same structure of phone interview today for the: experience the markets programme.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And how do you think it went?
Original post by Schmitzel
do you need something unique / impressive (stand out) on your cv? Or do you just need to be a well rounded applicant e.g. Finance related w/e, target (yeh I know it's not necessary but helps) ,good outside of school activities, achievements, etc.....

Dont really understand how they pick out which cv's which will progress to interviews?

If you meet the requirements is always a good start.

Do well in interviews, show your interest and you should be in with a chance.

Although doing somethig unique/ECs/achievements/university brand certainly helps. What's your profile?
Reply 3276
I have a CS interview in the new year and i just wanted to know what type of questions they would ask.

I will be eternally grateful to those who reply :smile::^_^:
Original post by Dev607
I have a CS interview in the new year and i just wanted to know what type of questions they would ask.

I will be eternally grateful to those who reply :smile::^_^:

See a few pages back
Reply 3278
Original post by Manuelle
Has anyone heard back from JPM Winning Women Programme? :smile:

I've got an interview but haven't been told when it will be. How about you? :smile:
Has anyone done an SHL numerical test? I have just been invited to complete one.. How difficult is it? Do I need to practise?