The Student Room Group

Yet another black male killed in Ferguson.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dodgypirate

Of course brutality exists, of course what happened to Garner in NYC was atrocious, but the policemen/women were DOING THEIR ****ING JOB. I

Obviously they weren't if they were performing an NYPD condemned arresting execution
Original post by felamaslen
OK, it's not necessarily the media. The media is a very diverse thing anyway. But there is definitely a culture of racism in which people are encouraged to treat the killing of a black person differently to how they would a white person (i.e. treat the black person as a victim regardless of whether he was innocent or a thug like this guy).

White cop kills black male - money maker

Black cop kills white male - does nothing, brings nothing.

Is this a double standard ... or is it in fact racism??
Original post by goldie56
Obviously they weren't if they were performing an NYPD condemned arresting execution

Garner died of as a result of an asthma attack ... did the policemen know it? No ... he was restrained for not cooperating after it was found he was selling counterfeit tobacco ...

Martin was shot after pulling a gun on a cop (doing his job)

Michael Brown was asked by a police officer to stop walking in the middle of the road ...
White cop kills black male - money maker

Black cop kills white male - does nothing, brings nothing.

Is this a double standard ... or is it in fact racism??

It is a racist double standard.

Any killing of an innocent person by a cop is a tragedy and possibly a crime, depending on the circumstances. Any killing of a vicious thug is not a crime nor a tragedy. Race shouldn't come into it.
Original post by PrincessAlexis
'If blacks are looking to gain equality'

Man... sit your ass all the way down.

I think it was good he was shot. He was a sick, evil, criminal son of a *****. These 'people' must learn the consequences of their actions.
(edited 9 years ago)
Garner died of as a result of an asthma attack ... did the policemen know it? No ... he was restrained for not cooperating after it was found he was selling counterfeit tobacco ...

First off, Michael Brown and Martin I didn't bring up, so they're irrelevant in this discussion between us.

Second of all, the asthma was brought on by the chokehold, which was banned by the PD, so Garner indirectly died by inept policing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/04/nyregion/officer-told-grand-jury-he-meant-no-harm-to-eric-garner.html
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by the bear
Duggan took possession of a BBM Bruni Model 92 handgun (a blank-firing replica of a Beretta 92 converted to fire live rounds), fifteen minutes before he was shot, from Kevin Hutchinson-Foster

does not sound like a fake to me.

I had heard it was a fake firearm. Now there's even less of a reason as to why those youths rioted.
It is a racist double standard.

Any killing of an innocent person by a cop is a tragedy and possibly a crime, depending on the circumstances. Any killing of a vicious thug is not a crime nor a tragedy. Race shouldn't come into it.

Well it has whether you like it or not ... Blame in on media, blame in on the Grinch, blame it on whoever you want.

In all honesty, the protesters brandished "Black lives matter" (which they do) ... one could say they're to blame for it becoming a "race war".
Original post by billydisco
Stop causing crime then and you wouldn't all get shot!

Excuse me ?!

What in the Jim Crow hell?!

Because I'm black I commit crime.

Can you tell me how exactly I as a black Trinidadian living in London have anything to do with the actions of a black boy in America.

Who is 'you all ??!'
Well it has whether you like it or not ... Blame in on media, blame in on the Grinch, blame it on whoever you want.

In all honesty, the protesters brandished "Black lives matter" (which they do) ... one could say they're to blame for it becoming a "race war".

Sure, I agree. But billy was latching onto that fallacious argument too. I'm trying to subvert it.
Antonio tried to shoot the fed. But he's black, and that's all the media want to know.
Original post by billydisco
Message to mods- don't delete my posts just because you don't like the truth. Operation trident WAS a police operation setup due to problems within the black community and therefore I have every right to state black youths have had issues in the UK! Here's my evidence:

http://content.met.police.uk/Site/gangcrime

Sir,

Are you aware that the crime in question took place in the USA?! May I ask why you are speaking about the Metropolitan police?!

You are using this as an opportunity to spew your obvious disdain for black youths in the UK when this topic has nothing to do with them!!!
Sure, I agree. But billy was latching onto that fallacious argument too. I'm trying to subvert it.

So, are you rejecting that any of these attacks are racially motivated? Because that's what I understand from you. That they're just criminals getting shot full stop?
So, are you rejecting that any of these attacks are racially motivated? Because that's what I understand from you. That they're just criminals getting shot full stop?

I don't think the guys are criminal because they are black, and in most cases I don't think the cops shoot them because they are black.
Lol I know. Not even hiding it anymore.

I feel like I died and woke up in Idaho in 1945 with all this rubbish I'm reading.

It's all too predictable. The racists are flocking to this dumb thread like flies to ****.
Excuse me ?!

What in the Jim Crow hell?!

Because I'm black I commit crime.

Can you tell me how exactly I as a black Trinidadian living in London have anything to do with the actions of a black boy in America.

Can you tell me where I implied you did have anything to do with the actions?

Interesting you mention Trinidad. For those who don't know, Trinidad has two major communities- the blacks and the Indians. To cut a long story short the blacks commit most of the kidnappings and the Indians are the ones who are kidnapped:

Police say most kidnappings are instances of gangland score-settling or drug dealings gone wrong, an explanation that serves to defuse public anger and convince honest citizens that they run little risk of becoming targets.

The victims are primarily Indians, who make up 40% of the population and tend to be more affluent than blacks, who compose a similar proportion. They contend that the kidnappings are being fueled by police corruption, government complicity, racism and an attitude that most victims had it coming.

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/jan/02/world/fg-kidnap2

I'm starting to see a pattern.....
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
Are you referring to people who have an outrageously good-looking face as i have? If thats the case then a lot of Gorgeous black men who work with the BBC (well done young man if you understand implications of the reference) are dead :eek::confused:

Did I even mention 'black people'? Seriously you 'people' always end up playing the race card
Ooooooo he means good looking people :O

That makes sense

The crime investigation teams concluded this criminal scum pulled out a gun in the direction of the police. He deserved to die, the streets are a better place without him, bravo to the police
Which people :-/

You've lost me :-/

People who protest against the police for shooting somebody who pulled out a gun- which seems to include you.....
I believe everyone (police or not) has the right to defend themselves when confronted with a deadly weapon.

Unlike Mike Brown & Eric Garner this death can be classed as self defence. They were murdered (especially Eric who was screaming that he couldn't breath).

Ok well at least we agree on this point!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending