The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If UCL ask for 'AAB' with an A in Maths & Physics. Would I be offered a place with A*BB with the A* in maths?

^ This is for Physics btw.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
If UCL ask for 'AAB' with an A in Maths & Physics. Would I be offered a place with A*BB with the A* in maths?
^ This is for Physics BTW.

Shouldn't be
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

^ This is for Physics btw.

Probably not if they specifically want AA in Maths and Physics but no-one can tell you if you'll definitely be offered a place or not.

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Shouldn't be

Bit harsh, no?:lol:
I've been sucked into the Dream Theater black hole.

[video="youtube;oh5VCPe7PBE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh5VCPe7PBE[/video]
Original post by Red Fox
Probably not if they specifically want AA in Maths and Physics but no-one can tell you if you'll definitely be offered a place or not.

Bit harsh, no?:lol:

I didn't mean it in that way, but even so, I don't think it should be.

If you're studying physics at a good uni, you shouldn't be aiming for a B.
I didn't mean it in that way, but even so, I don't think it should be.

If you're studying physics at a good uni, you shouldn't be aiming for a B.

I don't he said he was aiming for a B, just giving a hypothetical situation of what could happen in the future. A simple 'no, I don't think they do' would have been fine. :s-smilie:
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
I don't he said he was aiming for a B, just giving a hypothetical situation of what could happen in the future. A simple 'no, I don't think they do' would have been fine. :s-smilie:

Well even so, shouldn't be. It's just my opinion
Well even so, shouldn't be. It's just my opinion

That's fine.
That's fine.

:lol: I am glad you give me your blessings to have an opinion
:lol: I am glad you give me your blessings to have an opinion

It's fine to have an opinion but I thought you could have expressed it in a bit more of a considerate way, but I was too lazy to right that, so I just wrote it's fine lol, I doubt that you meant it in a bad way anyway bro.
It's fine to have an opinion but I thought you could have expressed it in a bit more of a considerate way, but I was too lazy to right that, so I just wrote it's fine lol, I doubt that you meant it in a bad way anyway bro.

I got that bit :tongue: idk, it's just easier to say things bluntly and succinctly
I got that bit :tongue: idk, it's just easier to say things bluntly and succinctly

Lol, yeah that's how I usually go about it, just look at my posts on the ISoc and ex-muslims soc. But I mean, I think when you are talking about people's future, it could really affect the person, like lower their self esteem. It's like saying to someone that you aren't good enough and won't go to oxford or harvard or africa international uni(if that exists lol) or whatever, some won't care(like me) but others will take it to heart and may even give up.

Hope you understand where I am coming from :biggrin:
Lol, yeah that's how I usually go about it, just look at my posts on the ISoc and ex-muslims soc. But I mean, I think when you are talking about people's future, it could really affect the person, like lower their self esteem. It's like saying to someone that you aren't good enough and won't go to oxford or harvard or africa international uni(if that exists lol) or whatever, some won't care(like me) but others will take it to heart and may even give up.

Hope you understand where I am coming from :biggrin:

Yeah I do

But, it isn't really a question of self esteem in the above case

He hasn't sat exams yet
Yeah I do

But, it isn't really a question of self esteem in the above case

He hasn't sat exams yet

I guess your right, it could be motivation not to fail lol. :cool::tongue:
Original post by drowninginsound
Don't go to the gig. I'm a massive gig fanatic but I would certainly not risk going the day before an exam! Who knows, you could get accidentally punched in the face at the gig and end up in hospital. (Worse case scenario but you know, anything could happen...) I just don't think it's worth the risk. :redface: I doubt you'd be able to get tickets to another of their gigs but if they're coming over in June it's likely they could be doing festivals? :dontknow:

Ive been to quite a few gigs the night before exams, its not that that bothers me so much, its the whole thing about me going to the gig in edinburgh the night before my exam in coventry XD and missing a flight etc
heck, I went to see Muse the night before my english lit gcse exam and dropped 2 ums in that exam the following morning :P
but yeah, decided I will sell the ticket and then hopefully purchase a different one (if possible) :P
Merry Christmas:smile:
Merry Christmas!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happy Easter kiddies!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happy New Year!
Happy Holidays everyone

Latest