Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danconway

Spoiler

Yup :biggrin:

That one tricked me, didn't read the oxygen...:colondollar:

Original post by 78Saab
A2 AQA Chemistry :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heard Chemistry with AQA is fairly difficult, is it?

I'm on Edexcel :biggrin:
Original post by zhang-liao

Can't believe I'm doing chemistry calculations on the Holy tide of Christmas!
Can't believe I'm doing chemistry calculations on the Holy tide of Christmas!

Man Chemistry is so much fun though :tongue:
Man Chemistry is so much fun though :tongue:

That's true! That's the reason no one's made an AS Physics help forum... :wink:
Reply 25

Heard Chemistry with AQA is fairly difficult, is it?

I'm on Edexcel :biggrin:

Well my Chemistry teacher reckons our AQA syllabus has been 'dumbed' down and regularly teaches us using Edexcel and OCR books - I have always heard that OCR is the hardest exam board for Chemistry and AQA (deemed the easiest) are more strict with their marking.

However I think the only thing that makes Chemistry harder to learn with AQA is their sloppy textbooks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
A2 Chemist here (AQA), feel free to ask me anything about the AS exams/ISAs.
Retaking AS chem(failed it with D -_-), so add me in! OCR A is the exam board
AQA
That's true! That's the reason no one's made an AS Physics help forum... :wink:

True :biggrin:

Just asking, what A-Levels are you doing?
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and History though I wish I did Physics instead of History, really find History sooo boring and the Physics department in my current sixth form is meant to be really good as well. Hoping to do Chemistry at University too so Physics would help loads :colondollar: in terms of Physical Chemistry...

Original post by 78Saab
Well my Chemistry teacher reckons our AQA syllabus has been 'dumbed' down and regularly teaches us using Edexcel and OCR books - I have always heard that OCR is the hardest exam board for Chemistry and AQA (deemed the easiest) are more strict with their marking.

However I think the only thing that makes Chemistry harder to learn with AQA is their sloppy textbooks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaah I see, someone told me that Chemistry with AQA is really difficult because their marking and the way they set questions makes them harder than other examination boards...:tongue:

What's wrong with their textbooks? Too much unnecessary detail or they don't explain stuff properly?
Reply 30
Hey guys I'm in year 10 and am hoping to do chemistry for A Level, I'm doing double science in GCSE and am at a grade B+/A- right now which is very good because I'm only in year 10 :smile: I want to ask how chemistry is at a level and what advantages does it have for further education. Also does it include a lot of maths?
Original post by Dinaa
x

Dinaa, looks like you've got more people to add :biggrin:

Original post by underestimate
OCR A

Original post by the_zoolander
AQA

Original post by Madmatician
I'm on OCR A too :smile:

Original post by SubwayLover1
AQA

Original post by TheNoobishKnight
OCR A is the exam board

I think its a good idea for everyone to quote Dinaa so she can add you on the list for those of you who haven't been quoted here...:biggrin:
True :biggrin:

Just asking, what A-Levels are you doing?
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and History though I wish I did Physics instead of History, really find History sooo boring and the Physics department in my current sixth form is meant to be really good as well. Hoping to do Chemistry at University too so Physics would help loads :colondollar: in terms of Physical Chemistry...

I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Drama and Theatre Studies and AS Maths :smile: (yup 4 and a half subjects :redface:)

Physics at the moment is pretty dull to be honest. Materials science is not interesting and nor is DC Electricity. Waves are a bit better but I'm really not feeling terribly inspired by the course yet. But the cool physics will come... I know it!

I steer well clear of humanities ahaha; I only took Drama because I love theatre and acting and hey, I might as well get an A Level out of it!

Ooh an aspiring chemist eh? That's cool - I'd like to do medicine (my biology teacher gave me a talk to try and discourage me - it went something like 'you're going to have to be prepared to tell people they're going to die and you're going to have to be prepared to shove your finger in someone's arse')... Still hasn't put me off!
Original post by JohnLE
Hey guys I'm in year 10 and am hoping to do chemistry for A Level, I'm doing double science in GCSE and am at a grade B+/A- right now which is very good because I'm only in year 10 :smile: I want to ask how chemistry is at a level and what advantages does it have for further education. Also does it include a lot of maths?

Hey :smile: I'm only in Y12 so a Y13 could probably shed more light on the course overall than I can...

Well at least for AS (I only have that much experience), the maths is pretty basic. It's not maths as such, more numeracy. Can you add, subtract, multiply and divide? Yes? Good!

Further education: Chemistry is a gateway subject to many science courses at Uni, namely medicine, veterinary medicine, etc.

And I'm finding it really fun at the moment; probably my favourite A Level!

That's just my take on it at the moment.
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Drama and Theatre Studies and AS Maths :smile: (yup 4 and a half subjects :redface:)

Physics at the moment is pretty dull to be honest. Materials science is not interesting and nor is DC Electricity. Waves are a bit better but I'm really not feeling terribly inspired by the course yet. But the cool physics will come... I know it!

I steer well clear of humanities ahaha; I only took Drama because I love theatre and acting and hey, I might as well get an A Level out of it!

Ooh an aspiring chemist eh? That's cool - I'd like to do medicine (my biology teacher gave me a talk to try and discourage me - it went something like 'you're going to have to be prepared to tell people they're going to die and you're going to have to be prepared to shove your finger in someone's arse')... Still hasn't put me off!

Aaah, I know you. You're the one on the Year 12 Chat thread whose got AS and A2 exams next year right?

Humanities are good for certain skills like investigative and planning skills otherwise....they are really really really long and at times boring as well....:tongue:
Yep, aspiring chemist, hopefully :colondollar:
Good Luck with Medicine, don't let anyone discourage you :biggrin:
Reply 35
Hey :smile: I'm only in Y12 so a Y13 could probably shed more light on the course overall than I can...

Well at least for AS (I only have that much experience), the maths is pretty basic. It's not maths as such, more numeracy. Can you add, subtract, multiply and divide? Yes? Good!

Further education: Chemistry is a gateway subject to many science courses at Uni, namely medicine, veterinary medicine, etc.

And I'm finding it really fun at the moment; probably my favourite A Level!

That's just my take on it at the moment.

Thanks I'm not really sure what I want to do at uni but I love chem, and as long as it's basic maths I'm fine:smile:
Hi I do ed excel chemistry!! I am seeing so many OCR's and not enough Edexcels :cry2:
Reply 37
Hey guys I know it's a big jump from GCSE to A-Level but will any of the gcse help withe basics of a level chemistry?
Original post by rosebud114
Hi I do edexcel chemistry!! I am seeing so many OCR's and not enough Edexcels :cry2:

Dinaa and I do Edexcel Chemistry :biggrin:

Original post by Dinaa
x

Another one to add... just helping Dinaa....:colondollar:
Original post by JohnLE
Hey guys I know it's a big jump from GCSE to A-Level but will any of the gcse help withe basics of a level chemistry?

As long as you have a solid understanding of the gcse stuff you'll be fine. Theres just more detail added/slightly changed at a level in most topics

Quick Reply

Latest