The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fttohi
Merry Christmas Ladies and Gentlemen :santa3:. To celebrating Christmas at LSE next year :beer:.

I don't drink. Orange juice....maybe? Haha Merry Christmas!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Fttohi
Merry Christmas Ladies and Gentlemen :santa3:. To celebrating Christmas at LSE next year :beer:.

Original post by Flamehaze
I don't drink. Orange juice....maybe? Haha Merry Christmas!

I don't drink either cranberry juice for me :smile:
Original post by filo2727
Any international students applying to LSE/UCL in Management/Economics?

me!management!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by filo2727
Any international students applying to UCL/LSE in Economics/Management?

Me! I got in for Management at LSE, still waiting to hear back from UCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by VedikaA
Me! I got in for Management at LSE, still waiting to hear back from UCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i got offer of UCL,but the one I want to get in most is LSE:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yongshrim
i got offer of UCL,but the one I want to get in most is LSE:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! When did you apply? I'm sure you'll hear back soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VedikaA
Congrats! When did you apply? I'm sure you'll hear back soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied at 20th oct, hope so! I want to go to LSE!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Merry Christmas everybody!
Congrats!!
Reply 1949
Has anyone applied for maths and economics Im a little worried cause my GCSEs are pretty bad and I haven't done further maths
Original post by Hjyu1
Has anyone applied for maths and economics Im a little worried cause my GCSEs are pretty bad and I haven't done further maths

Yeah I did! I still haven't heard back from them but they should respond by 9 January after they reopen. I think further maths is highly recommended but not required. I think people have gotten offers in the past without further maths if I remember correctly. Good luck!
Reply 1951
Original post by ak2015
Yeah I did! I still haven't heard back from them but they should respond by 9 January after they reopen. I think further maths is highly recommended but not required. I think people have gotten offers in the past without further maths if I remember correctly. Good luck!

Thanks and good luck to you as well.What gcses did you get?
Original post by Hjyu1
Thanks and good luck to you as well.What gcses did you get?

Thanks! I go to school in the United States so I didn't take GCSEs, I took AP exams. When did you send your application?
What I don't get is that December 19th last year was a huge batch of offers, but this year I didn't gear much, has LSE just been lagging behind this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anyonenobody
What I don't get is that December 19th last year was a huge batch of offers, but this year I didn't gear much, has LSE just been lagging behind this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't suppose it's of consequence to them when they send their offers. Though I'm guessing that, in general, things are slower bc they've released new programmes.
Original post by Hjyu1

I applied for that as well and am still waiting. I didn't do as many IGCSEs as the others applying but only did them in one year as a second language speaker. I got 5A*s and 2As and straight As in my AS. I didn't do IGCSE and A level economics though, because my school didn't provide the course. I hope they'll take that into account.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gavgav123
Me too.. When did you apply for it?

I applied like Nov 10th I think and I got the eight week email Nov 21st... :smile:
Original post by AmyZhang
I applied for that as well and am still waiting. I didn't do as many IGCSEs as the others applying but only did them in one year as a second language speaker. I got 5A*s and 2As and straight As in my AS. I didn't do IGCSE and A level economics though, because my school didn't provide the course. I hope they'll take that into account.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you send your application, if you don't mind my asking? Good luck!
Original post by AmyZhang

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I'm not an expert but my teachers tell me the reason why universities never ask for things like economics at A level is because they know that not every school offers it, so I'm pretty sure you won't be disadvantaged in any way. On top of that economics a level isn't really *that* relevant as there's no maths meaning it's nothing like it is at university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ooftar
Hey! I'm not an expert but my teachers tell me the reason why universities never ask for things like economics at A level is because they know that not every school offers it, so I'm pretty sure you won't be disadvantaged in any way. On top of that economics a level isn't really *that* relevant as there's no maths meaning it's nothing like it is at university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This. Econ A-Level is pretty useless when it comes to degree. I did Econ at UCL last year and Maths/FM are much more helpful. People who did Econ (I was one of them) had a head-start for about a week and that was it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending