The Student Room Group

Anyone else find Christmas rather boring and/or dead this year?

Or is it just me?

Scroll to see replies

Just you. That must suck...
Not doing much this year so it seems a bit quieter.
I dunno about dead though :tongue:
The telly has been poopy.
Original post by bittr n swt
Just you. That must suck...

Somewhat. I'm more devastated that I have missed out on a good few hours of my life that I could've spent doing far more eventful activities.
Original post by Sir Peter Rabbit
The telly has been poopy.

Poopy is an understatement.
It's been fine for me. It's been the perfect balance of enjoying the occasion but also having some peace and quiet to myself. I don't like it when its a big fuss. I like to save my energy for New Years so I can go out and karaoke it up whilst downing scotch.
Reply 6
Just been a usual day at home for me except for the dinner, quite boring.
Yup. Spent the whole day in my room avoiding my cousins. I have my guinea pigs and my nephew (who's asleep) for company. :K: I should feel excited for Doctor Who, but I don't like Clara and it looks really ****. :frown: Although I never have been a fan of the Christmas Doctor Who episodes. Oh well. 3 hours until Eastenders!!!! :ahee: That can't let me down! :ahee: Though I have to watch it on my laptop because my cousins have taken over my living rooms and my TVs. : (

EDIT: Alien reference in Doctor Who just made this one the best Christmas Doctor Who ever! :gah:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Red Fox
Just been a usual day at home for me except for the dinner, quite boring.

I think anime is calling to turn that frown upside down!
Reply 9
Original post by H.Ibrahim
I think anime is calling to turn that frown upside down!

I actually cba to watch anything right now, just sitting here bored waiting to get hungry so I can have a turkey sandwich:rolleyes:.
Original post by Red Fox
I actually cba to watch anything right now, just sitting here bored waiting to get hungry so I can have a turkey sandwich:rolleyes:.

Fair enough haha :lol:
Fair enough haha :lol:

Just realised how sad that seems:lol:
It doesn't feel very christmasy this year. I still enjoyed it but being on a second gap year, holidays just feel like any other day of doing **** all.
Original post by Red Fox

No snow this year :frown:
Yeah this morning and the last few weeks but that was cos I didn't sleep well and symptom of depression/anxiety etc.

Once I was with my family eating watching films having fun it was a good day :smile:

Morning walk helped. Dat Vitamin D
No snow this year :frown:

Pretty sure it has snowed this year:tongue:
Original post by Red Fox
Pretty sure it has snowed this year:tongue:

WHEN??
WHEN??

Jan/Feb? I can't really remember.

It does also depend heavily on where you live.
To be honest this day hasn't felt very special to me at all. I didn't feel festive in the run-up and still don't feel festive, which is a tad depressing considering there's very little I look forward to during the rest of the year.
Original post by Red Fox
Jan/Feb? I can't really remember.

It does also depend heavily on where you live.

hmmm I didn't see any snow, also I was referring to this Winter anyway lol :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest