The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tinder but express that you want a bf and not a one off, you'll get loads of matches even if you're ugly
How tall are you lol?
Reply 3
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
How tall are you lol?
i'm 5'10"
You're not gonna find the one on Tinder. It's a sham of an app designed to get people laid, and nothing more
Reply 5
Just get to the SU bar..
I would not recommend dating sites.
-As some have said, most men on dating sites only want sex
-Easy to fall for a scam (even on free dating sites)
-It brings out the worst in people. It makes you more demanding and less accepting, therefore less attractive.
If you want a partner just get into more and more social situations and hope for the best. I'm honestly speaking from experience here because I've been a scam victim myself.
Original post by Anon2345xx
i'm 5'10"

Pretty tall for a girl, but most men should be slightly taller than you. If you were any more than 6 ft, I'd say you've narrowed down your field quite a lot saying you dislike men shorter than you haha

What would impress you/ intrigue you enough to go on a date with someone, just from looking at a dating website page?
I mean...
IMO dating websites don't really give a good impression of someone, far better to meet someone in person.
Hi I'm 20 and am in my first year at uni. I've never had a boyfriend and am quite shy and really want a boyfriend but the only guys that approach me are shorter than me and not really my type. Do you think its worth me signing up to a dating app like antidate or tinder? (even though ive never been on a date!) or should i just wait til the right guy comes along? thanks :smile:

I think dating apps are mostly for people who want sex. Stay away if you want some more...stable.
Reply 9
I think you would fare much better by joining a serious dating agency/website and not a free one for scrubbers..
not that I don't understand where you're coming from with your height situation, but, surely if you're desperate and (no offence intended here) "without hope" that you're willing enough to use the internet to find a boyfriend, why is height (within reason) such an issue? surely if you were so desperate you'd "overlook" that? I have a flatmate that is 5'11 and her boyfriend is 5'10, and I have another flatmate who is 5'10 and she went out with a 5'7 guy
Hi I'm 20 and am in my first year at uni. I've never had a boyfriend and am quite shy and really want a boyfriend but the only guys that approach me are shorter than me and not really my type. Do you think its worth me signing up to a dating app like antidate or tinder? (even though ive never been on a date!) or should i just wait til the right guy comes along? thanks :smile:

Hi how tall are you and would you say that they are not your type as they are short guys?
What uni do you go to? :colondollar:
Reply 13
Original post by Guy Secretan
Hi how tall are you and would you say that they are not your type as they are short guys?

I'm 5'10" and yeh I suppose their not my type coz they're short and I think we'd look awkward together.. and I'm really picky I suppose :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Email me I am a dating expect!
I'm 5'10" and yeh I suppose their not my type coz they're short and I think we'd look awkward together.. and I'm really picky I suppose :s-smilie:

Come on, shorter than 5 foot 10 is not 'short'. 5'10 is average for men, if not slightly above (across all generations at least, average for a 20 year old man in this country probably 5'11? Not sure). Fair enough not wanting to date people shorter than you, everyone has a preference and that's fine, but yeah you can't really say everyone below the half way point is short :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
What uni do you go to? :colondollar:

cringe
Just wait for the right person to come along! Dating websites tend to have more creeps than normal guys!
Original post by Wahrheit
Come on, shorter than 5 foot 10 is not 'short'. 5'10 is average for men, if not slightly above (across all generations at least, average for a 20 year old man in this country probably 5'11? Not sure). Fair enough not wanting to date people shorter than you, everyone has a preference and that's fine, but yeah you can't really say everyone below the half way point is short :tongue:

Under 5ft 10, the man is short IMO! I'm 5ft 9, & it is most awkward when you've got a short man trying to hit on you, & I know you shouldn't judge on height but it's hard not to if it is potentially going to go anywhere. I personally don't date short men because it's weird & I like wearing heels, making me a lot taller than him! Also there are a select few men who like to lie on dating websites, declare they are 5ft 10/11, you meet them, they're 5ft 6!! I don't go on a 2nd date after that purely because he lied....nobody likes liars! Red flag in my book!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DancinBallerina
Under 5ft 10, the man is short IMO! I'm 5ft 9, & it is most awkward when you've got a short man trying to hit on you, & I know you shouldn't judge on height but it's hard not to if it is potentially going to go anywhere. I personally don't date short men because it's weird & I like wearing heels, making me a lot taller than him! Also there are a select few men who like to lie on dating websites, declare they are 5ft 10/11, you meet them, they're 5ft 6!! I don't go on a 2nd date after that purely because he lied....nobody likes liars! Red flag in my book!!

Yeah lying sucks lol, my point is though that if you say everyone who is under average is short and everyone who is above average is tall then what happens to average/medium height people? I'd probably say under 5'8 is on the short side, 6' and up is tall, anywhere in between is average (for men).

Latest

Trending

Trending