Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beccatheaviatrix
Foundation Year? :smile: That's what I'm doing, didn't do maths :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think I can do that either :frown: I do chemistry and maths :/
Reply 44
I've got an offer for September to do Aeronautical Engineering! So excited!!!

I'd like to do that too!!:biggrin::biggrin:
You've got an offer???
What did you get for GCSE and a level?
Which grades do you need? :yep::yep::yep::yes::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diana99
I'd like to do that too!!:biggrin::biggrin:
You've got an offer???
What did you get for GCSE and a level?
Which grades do you need? :yep::yep::yep::yes::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSE I got 2 A's, 5 B's and 3 C's, at AS I got BCCE :smile:
It's supposed to be a really good course, hard but worth it! Yep USW gave me a conditional offer, I need DDD so shouldn't be a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubblegumcat

I think you can, especially if you already have one of the core two (maths or physics). Don't rule anything out, uni's can be really flexible with their offers if they like you based on your statement. Don't give up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47

You know the only uni's which require physics as part of the chemical engineering course are UCL and ICL right?

Look at manchester for example, just requires a science subject and maths and is one of the top chemical engineering uni's in the country.

Have you done any research?
I think you can, especially if you already have one of the core two (maths or physics). Don't rule anything out, uni's can be really flexible with their offers if they like you based on your statement. Don't give up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks :smile: next year i want to try and find some work experience, maybe something chem eng related or chemistry related, to see if chem eng is really for me :smile: another set-back though is that i take statistic modules with maths when engineering degrees prefer mechanics, however i've only become interested in chem eng recently, argh :frown: oh well
Original post by Tom102
You know the only uni's which require physics as part of the chemical engineering course are UCL and ICL right?

Look at manchester for example, just requires a science subject and maths and is one of the top chemical engineering uni's in the country.

Have you done any research?

I have, but I can't come to a conclusion on whether uni's want physics or not:confused:
Reply 50
I have, but I can't come to a conclusion on whether uni's want physics or not:confused:

A mate in my year has got offers from edin manchetser birmingham and others just doing maths chem and econ at A2.
Original post by Tom102
A mate in my year has got offers from edin manchetser birmingham and others just doing maths chem and econ at A2.

wow:eek:...that's give me hope haha
Reply 52
wow:eek:...that's give me hope haha

Physics really isn't the be all end all people think it is in regards to ChemEng.
I've got an offer for September to do Aeronautical Engineering! So excited!!!

Someone has sense on this thread!

Aerospace ftw, I'm not a female, but I can't wait to do it :biggrin:
i wanna do chem eng but i don't do physics :/

You don't actually need physics to study chem eng, I study Maths (I don't do mechanics either, I do stats), Chemistry and Biology at A2 I didn't take physics at AS and I've got offers from Manchester, Newcastle and Nottingham so far

If you really want to do it go for it, just check the university's website :smile:
Original post by Shantellea
You don't actually need physics to study chem eng, I study Maths (I don't do mechanics either, I do stats), Chemistry and Biology at A2 I didn't take physics at AS and I've got offers from Manchester, Newcastle and Nottingham so far

If you really want to do it go for it, just check the university's website :smile:

wow congrats on your offers!! :biggrin: ahhh I think maybe I will apply for chem eng next year....I also do biology but I'm not enjoying it atm so I'll probably drop it at the end of the year and carry on with chem, maths and psychology, will having psychology as my 3rd subject hold me back? some of the unis I was looking at said they prefer the 3rd subject to be something like biology, physics, further maths...but I really don't want to take biology to A2 :/
Reply 56
GCSE I got 2 A's, 5 B's and 3 C's, at AS I got BCCE :smile:
It's supposed to be a really good course, hard but worth it! Yep USW gave me a conditional offer, I need DDD so shouldn't be a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh well done! !:biggrin:
Which uni?
I just thought that the offer would be slightly higher?

Posted from TSR Mobile
wow congrats on your offers!! :biggrin: ahhh I think maybe I will apply for chem eng next year....I also do biology but I'm not enjoying it atm so I'll probably drop it at the end of the year and carry on with chem, maths and psychology, will having psychology as my 3rd subject hold me back? some of the unis I was looking at said they prefer the 3rd subject to be something like biology, physics, further maths...but I really don't want to take biology to A2 :/

You don't have to when I had my Manchester interview someone's third subject was geography and anothers was RS
Original post by diana99
Ohhh well done! !:biggrin:
Which uni?
I just thought that the offer would be slightly higher?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is a foundation year. Usual offer is BBB-AAB.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
It is a foundation year. Usual offer is BBB-AAB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay thanks :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending