The Student Room Group

Muslim girl Christian boy

Anon pls.. Can't be getting exposed

I'm muslim, but in a relationship with a Christian. I know its haram, but I honestly don't know what to do. I really really like him,and he means a lot to me. Is this relationship futile,is there any point carrying it on. We're both 17, so this very well could be an infatuation or whatever.

Any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My opinion, as an atheist, is obviously to let it be and learn as you go. I can't imagine how different a person I'd be now without the relationships I've had.
Reply 2
What do you like about him OP? Does he know about your religious status?
OP if you're love is humble and true for him then the lord almighty will help you to be together. For all you know maybe in 5 years he may convert after spending so much time with you ?

Lord knows best and he will never leave you heart broken, never doubt god.
Reply 4
Original post by kka25
What do you like about him OP? Does he know about your religious status?

He's a great person. I like his personality,sense of humour,the way he understands me..honestly I could go on forever. We were friends for years before we started dating.

Yes he knows.
Leave him. You are in a haram relationship. And because your muslim and hes Christian, its not like you can marry him. Your relationship won't go anywhere
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
He's a great person. I like his personality,sense of humour,the way he understands me..honestly I could go on forever. We were friends for years before we started dating.

Yes he knows.

It can be an infatuation or something short term; you'll never know. But, why does it bother you that he's a Christian and you're a Muslim? Surely the religion never said that you can't have any forms of relationships with someone outside your religion?

The way I see it the only problem that you might face is with society's precipitation which is futile to think about really.
Original post by goobypls
OP if you're love is humble and true for him then the lord almighty will help you to be together. For all you know maybe in 5 years he may convert after spending so much time with you ?

Appalling attitude.
Carry it on. Don't let the religion you were born into control your life anymore than it already does. Your religious beliefs are a choice and if you break up with him do not pretend that it was not your fault.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jenkinsear
Appalling attitude.

Who knows it could happen, if he loves her so much and is dying to be with her forever then he could potentially do this.
Leave him. You are in a haram relationship. And because your muslim and hes Christian, its not like you can marry him. Your relationship won't go anywhere

Or let them be together, who are you to break a loving relationship ?
Just carry on and see how it plays out... Don't try to fix it, when it isn't broken.
Who knows it could happen, if he loves her so much and is dying to be with her forever then he could potentially do this.

Given she likes him for who he is now- i.e. a Christian guy with x and y characteristics- why exactly should he have to change and why would you want him to? Only in the eyes of religious extremists and ISIS-apologists is dating someone of a different faith ever a problem. Personally I'm happy for OP and her boyfriend; I hope neither of them lets bigotry get in the way of their relationship.

Didn't Allah teach you how to use an apostrophe?
Given she likes him for who he is now- i.e. a Christian guy with x and y characteristics- why exactly should he have to change and why would you want him to? Only in the eyes of religious extremists and ISIS-apologists is dating someone of a different faith ever a problem. Personally I'm happy for OP and her boyfriend; I hope neither of them lets bigotry get in the way of their relationship.

Don't get me wrong I WANT THEM TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP REGARDLESS OF FAITH...................... but as we know the parent views are going to be a massive obstacle in the coming future.
Don't get me wrong I WANT THEM TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP REGARDLESS OF FAITH...................... but as we know the parent views are going to be a massive obstacle in the coming future.

The parents are not necessarily bigots/racists. I accept there is a strong chance at least one set are, but that shouldn't be allowed to stop 2 people who genuinely get along being together. My own boyfriend is mixed race and I know my dad has some racist views, and to start with he was fairly horrified that his daughter would ever be going out with someone who was part black. Over the years though his view has changed as he's got to know him- part of it was he didn't actually know any black people so based his views on a few negative experiences many years ago. My dad even apologised to me and my boyfriend for not being more supportive in the early days, and he now probably gets on better with my boyfriend than I do! :tongue:
The parents are not necessarily bigots/racists. I accept there is a strong chance at least one set are, but that shouldn't be allowed to stop 2 people who genuinely get along being together. My own boyfriend is mixed race and I know my dad has some racist views, and to start with he was fairly horrified that his daughter would ever be going out with someone who was part black. Over the years though his view has changed as he's got to know him- part of it was he didn't actually know any black people so based his views on a few negative experiences many years ago. My dad even apologised to me and my boyfriend for not being more supportive in the early days, and he now probably gets on better with my boyfriend than I do! :tongue:

Aww that's so lovely :smile:, but far too often we've seen situations of parents deciding who their daughters marry and it seriously needs to stop altogether.
I'd say to make the relationship halal you should ask him to convert and get married as in this day and age it's easy to be led astray and next thing you know you'll probably end up having sex and then break up over something small and end up regretting it or the likes. If he doesn't want to convert then its down to you really you either love him more than your religion or your religion more than him and one of them you have to let go off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why should he convert. Why cant she convert. Why should he dump the morales he was brought up with
Original post by Ekemini
Why should he convert. Why cant she convert. Why should he dump the morales he was brought up with

Well to be fair they could just marry as Muslim- Christian, but i imagine the wedding could be quite awkward if parents and relatives get itch about it.

Latest

Trending

Trending