The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheWaffle
But aren't some things like killing none believers ( or more violent verses in general) also pretty clear? And a lot of Muslims take them metaphorically as they see them as uncompatible with modern life. So couldn't they take something like the things you just said and take them as metaphorical for similar reasons?

They are. But when you look at the context, those verses are normally on about war rules and such. :smile:

No I don't encounter many muslims who disagree with them. When you put them in their proper contex, there isn't really a prob there.

No to that too. The issue is that it's a pretty clear cut rule and has been for centuries. It's hard to just call it a metaphor just because you disagree with it.
Original post by Az231
Well I have no other option and it hurts to say it but to let her go. It is way over complicated and religion wise both of us are unwilling to change.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mashaa' Allah. You will not regret it and Allah will reward you for your patience and strength in iman, I hope you find someone better :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by Anonymous
Mashaa' Allah. You will not regret it and Allah will reward you for your patience and strength in iman, I hope you find someone better :smile:

In Sha Allah, I just hope that the person who posted this realises that if they carry on then they are just gonna end up in my situation a few years down the line where they will meet a dead end.

I would encourage the person who posted this that do preach Islam to them as I am going to do as well because you never know what Allah swt has stored for you and He can make all things happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Az231
In Sha Allah, I just hope that the person who posted this realises that if they carry on then they are just gonna end up in my situation a few years down the line where they will meet a dead end.

I would encourage the person who posted this that do preach Islam to them as I am going to do as well because you never know what Allah swt has stored for you and He can make all things happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah thats true. Did you make that decision on your own or did you have help from friends and family?
They are. But when you look at the context, those verses are normally on about war rules and such. :smile:

No I don't encounter many muslims who disagree with them. When you put them in their proper contex, there isn't really a prob there.

No to that too. The issue is that it's a pretty clear cut rule and has been for centuries. It's hard to just call it a metaphor just because you disagree with it.

Is that what you meant about Christians? That they don't follow their faith literally enough because they don't agree with aspects of it?

Also how does the Quran justify than Muslim men can marry Christian women but not the other way round?
Think I know who this is

I'd say you should just let it go on. Yes you might end up breaking up in the future,but who knows. Well tbh you'll most likely end up breaking up, but at least you'll know you gave it a shot and tried. If you are who I think you are, your parents shouldn't be too opposed to it. What are his family like?
Dunno why muslim men can marry people of the book but muslim women can't?

Feel free to PM me
Original post by kka25
It can be an infatuation or something short term; you'll never know. But, why does it bother you that he's a Christian and you're a Muslim? Surely the religion never said that you can't have any forms of relationships with someone outside your religion?

The way I see it the only problem that you might face is with society's precipitation which is futile to think about really.

It doesn't really bother me,but
in Islam dating is not allowed, and as a muslim female, I cannot marry a non-muslim.
Original post by Az231
I am in a similar situation but the other way around and in a much worse position. I posted about my problem yesterday and I got some great advice but my advice to you would be that it is really really hard to get anywhere with this situation and I have experienced this myself. It is not just the faith issue that you will be confronted with but as you carry on and you fall in love with the person and you think about marriage, it will become a family issue. On one hand you may feel like you can take on the world and work miracles to be with that person forever but this world isn't all sunshine and rainbows and the longer it continues the more problems you will be confronted with.
I was the same age (first year of sixth form) when I got into a relationship with a Christian girl and nearly 6 years on you can't imagine how complicated it has become. I guess he being a Christian means he is not the same ethnicity as you?this will lead to even more problems.

I would be honest and say that right now you may be tempted to stay with him because of his personality and he seems to be the best out there and a whole lot of other reasons which outweigh the reasons to leave him but I would advise you to let him go (this is easier said than done) because, think about it yourself, what are the chances of anything actually happening between you two?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for a great response.

Addressing the family issue: of course my parents would want me to marry a Muslim, but they wouldn't force it,and if I didn't marry one they'd accept it. So I honestly don't see family being a big problem. He's half the ethnicity i am,but again this wouldn't be a problem.

What would you say the main factor was that made you end the relationship. Was it family or..? You're a Muslim male(i think) so Islamically you're allowed to marry a Christian woman.
Original post by goobypls
Who knows it could happen, if he loves her so much and is dying to be with her forever then he could potentially do this.

I don't see either of us converting. Nor do I expect him to.
Reply 69
Leave him. You are in a haram relationship. And because your muslim and hes Christian, its not like you can marry him. Your relationship won't go anywhere

Another muslim with small penis syndrome.
Astagfirullah.
Leave him. You are in a haram relationship. And because your muslim and hes Christian, its not like you can marry him. Your relationship won't go anywhere

The fact you had to make this post anon speaks volumes.
True love is a one in a million chance.
Depends how much your religion means to you really.
Other Muslims easily offended
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Think I know who this is

I'd say you should just let it go on. Yes you might end up breaking up in the future,but who knows. Well tbh you'll most likely end up breaking up, but at least you'll know you gave it a shot and tried. If you are who I think you are, your parents shouldn't be too opposed to it. What are his family like?
Dunno why muslim men can marry people of the book but muslim women can't?

Feel free to PM me

Same reason some white guys fancy their chances with asian and black women and then get pissy if a white girl has a black boyfriend.
Firstly, I would like to applause Az231 for making the right decision by ending the relationship because in the long run it's does matters.

If you stay with this guy such as being in relationship with him before marriage, in islam that is wrong. Even if the guy is a muslim or non muslim, what wrong is wrong. Allah is protecting a woman's virtues and honour by stating only marriage is acceptable not cohabitation. Because a marriage is a sacred union between a husband and wife which cannot be broken. Whereas there is no legal contract with cohabitation for instance, you are not responsible for your bf and he is not responsible for you. In a marriage, both of you are responsible for each other.

I am a strong believer in Allah and Islam, and please believe me when I say I am not judging you instead my heart goes out for you. My advice is choose wisely. This is Allah's way of testing you, yes you love this guy but do you love him more than Allah? Will you choose Allah and follow islam or will you choose your guy and lead a different path? That is your choice alone and no one in this forum can decide or choose or force you.

For me, Allah is most important being and I love Allah more than anything, more than my parents and my grandparents. Because it's Allah, who gave me my parents, my grandparents and my whole family members who I cherish more than anything on earth.

You ask az231 why he chose to split from his gf, well I don't know what are his reasons as only he can explain that. But, just because he can marry a Christian woman does not mean he should. Suppose Az231 does marry his girl one day then when they have children, which religion will they follow? Christianity or Islam? That would confuses the kids. Since their father is muslim and their mother is a strong believer of Christianity. Therefore it's not that simple. If I have kids inshallah, I would want them to be raise as decent Muslims who are devoted to Allah therefore my future husband (inshallah) had be muslim in order for him to understand and share my enthusiasm in islam so he and I can raise our kids together (inshallah this will happen one day) so they share the same strong principles as their parents. Hope you can see why it is not as straightforward as we would like things to be.

Best wishes
(edited 9 years ago)
It'll end up in heartbreak when one of your or his family finds out.

If I raised my kids in a certain religion they shouldn't even think about dating other religion especially Muslim.

Break up its haram you're not going to marry him
Anon pls.. Can't be getting exposed

I'm muslim, but in a relationship with a Christian. I know its haram, but I honestly don't know what to do. I really really like him,and he means a lot to me. Is this relationship futile,is there any point carrying it on. We're both 17, so this very well could be an infatuation or whatever.

Any advice?

Sister let me ask you one thing, if you know yourself is haram! why do you still carry on with the relationship? Seriously I don't want you to be upset, I don't think any sister wants this, but remember the hereafter ukhti. You have already started the first stage, by knowing it is wrong so please stop this relationship with your actions. It is going to be hard, very hard ukhti. You are probably battling yourself, but win against your desires ukhti. I know you can do it, if you have feelings for him. Be strong, due to him not being a muslim it will be hard. Dating is wrong in Islam and I already know you know this.

You are young, only 17 masha'Allah.:smile:

I ask Allah to give you strength Ukhti.

We may give you advice, but only you are the one who has the right to change and I hope insha allah it will be the right choice. :smile:

Good luck and keep your head up :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Do what makes you happy
Don't make a decision to please a fictional sadistic God to stop him perpetually burning you in Jahannam

Latest

Trending

Trending