The Student Room Group

bocconi admission

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Costanzas
I think anyone who has a score of 1800 or more on the SAT is eligible for a scholarship.some of my friends got an academic schol.with an 1800 too so i think you have a high chance of getting one.however,that might only be for the first year and in order to maintain it for subsequent years ,you will have to score a GPA of more than 26 out of 30 but that just might depend on the conditions .there are financial aid scholarships as well which are given to you ,depending on the financial conditions of your family.you might just want to have a look at those too.the worst part about bocconi is that most of the students here are on a scholarship,even the undeserving ones :smile:.feel free to ask any questions.ciao

when you say getting out is hard, what exactly do you mean? Are the prospects in finance low for bocconi grads, also what are the prospects like for postgrad study elsewhere such as HEC, and the UK business schools? Finally, is there any advice you could give regarding the application as to what should be included in the motivational letter?
replied below
(edited 9 years ago)
bocconi is a great uni imo but its undergrad program does not enjoy the same reputation of its grad programs .also,in italy it is almost impossible to get a job after a bachelor degree,so most of the undergrad bocconi students decide to do their masters from either bocconi or a uni like warwick,perhaps lse or HEC .the campus is quite small and your life will revolve around the various hangouts in milan .at the end of the day,it depends on your offers.if you have offers from unis like lse,ucl[,etc ,you might want to consider those.they are much better for an undergrad.there are about 250 students in the two bief classes and the competition is fierce.i have also noticed that the italian education system is completely different from the british or the american system and the italian students are much more comfortable with it .professors are quite friendly but some are not that great and i guess thats the case with all the unis.talking about the cultural activities and organisations,bocconi provides a very bland experience as campus activities are almost non existent.for postgrad,bocconi is a a great place and both the msc in finance and ESS are hugely respected.HEC might be slightly better though .for undergrad in finance-
oxbridge
lse
warwick
bocconi etc
but for a masters in finance bocconi might be better than warwick or at the same level.include your achievements etc in your personal statement as well as why you want to study a degree in finance and economics.with a 1920,it shouldn't be hard so don't worry.hope this helps and if you have made up your mind to come to bocconi,start working on your italian .ciao
Original post by angrypatbateman
when you say getting out is hard, what exactly do you mean? Are the prospects in finance low for bocconi grads, also what are the prospects like for postgrad study elsewhere such as HEC, and the UK business schools? Finally, is there any advice you could give regarding the application as to what should be included in the motivational letter?
hey guyz, i know this may sound stupid but i also have a question regarding the grades. They ask for marks for the third-last and second-last years of high school. This third-last year is the final year of hs (12th grade out of 12) or the first year ( 10th grade out of 12) ? thanks
You have to give the grades of class 10th and 11th (3rd last and second last)
Reply 25
hi guys, i just found out about bocconi. does the school require IETLS? and if i dont have one, will i be disqualified? I scored 1940 on SAT with a 1350 on CR+M. but i only got 580 on CR. im about to retake in Jan, 2015. Do you think i will get the scholarship?
Reply 26
Original post by EmmaDoan
hi guys, i just found out about bocconi. does the school require IETLS? and if i dont have one, will i be disqualified? I scored 1940 on SAT with a 1350 on CR+M. but i only got 580 on CR. im about to retake in Jan, 2015. Do you think i will get the scholarship?

I'm not sure about the merit program in bocconi! but I do know that you have to have atleast above 600 for both the CR and M. I'm sure their flexible!
Reply 27
if I apply for the winter session, am i still able to apply for the spring session? cause that's when my SAT score is fully available. I still expect for the Jan score
Reply 28
I'm not quite sure! All i know is that the application for international candidate is done the 15th of jan. Thats only applicable to the world bachelor program applicants. Maybe you have a shot! but its better to call them and check it out yourself, since they don't really answer to your question when you email them. They are currently on break so its better of calling them after the break.
Reply 29
I see that there are 2 sessions beside the world bachelor. Is the spring session only for the italian students?
Reply 30
I'm not quite sure either... that was one of my question here, but no one answered me ahaha though since I'm applying through the winter session I'll let u know as soon as i get some feedback from them
Reply 31
thank you :smile: and you apply this year too? are you an international student? and do you expect to get a scholarship? *sorry too many questions*
thank you :smile: and you apply this year too? are you an international student? and do you expect to get a scholarship? *sorry too many questions*
hey there, at what program do you intend to apply ? man. and econ. or fin. and econ. ?
Reply 33
econ and man, but i dont know anymore. if the spring session is not available for international students, i dont think i will be able to get scholarship in this winter session ( i literally found out about bocconi uni just a few days ago) and if i dont get one :P i cant afford the course
Reply 34

I'm also applying this year!! Im an international student applying from NY :smile: I'm not sure if I could get a scholarship. No worries !
Reply 35
Original post by jackomo
I'm also applying this year!! Im an international student applying from NY :smile: I'm not sure if I could get a scholarship. No worries !

have you taken the SAT?? i wish i had done better in the Dec test...but gosh the curve was so harsh. now im trying my best for the Jan test. its like the last chance :s-smilie:
Reply 36
have you taken the SAT?? i wish i had done better in the Dec test...but gosh the curve was so harsh. now im trying my best for the Jan test. its like the last chance :s-smilie:

I have :smile: where are you applying from??
Reply 37
im applying from vietnam. can you tell me your score? :P sorry im a little bit curious
If it's above 1750 it's good enough for bocconi
Super easy to get scholarships

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending