The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eboracum
Need some advice gentlemen (and ladies). I like to think we can help each other on here. Might as well man up and admit it. Bored of being single, want a relationship. Having a light dabble on a dating website (modern world and all). A friend had great success, 20 one night stands and a 3 year relationship out of it. I admit many of the people on it are riff-raff, but every now and again you find a cracker. I want looks + personality + ambition for a future Eboracum +1. Anyway, think I've found one. Chatting away getting on well, I asked for a date (after about 4 days chatting...why wait right), she said something like you seem lovely, we've got common interests, but how about we chat on Facebook for now.

Need a second opinion...thoughts on this? My view was she is interested, perhaps just nervous about the whole online thing. Or is she playing games? If she is I'll bin her instantly. I don't mess about. Only games I play are beating Jam on Fifa.

Thank-you

Just ask her straight up 'Can you lick the tip and throw the dick or nah?'
Original post by swirly
Just ask her straight up 'Can you lick the tip and throw the dick or nah?'

Useful advice. Suppose you owed it me after I advised you previously. Cheers brah. :colondollar:

What happened with your girl from the previous thread btw?
Need some advice gentlemen (and ladies). I like to think we can help each other on here. Might as well man up and admit it. Bored of being single, want a relationship. Having a light dabble on a dating website (modern world and all). A friend had great success, 20 one night stands and a 3 year relationship out of it. I admit many of the people on it are riff-raff, but every now and again you find a cracker. I want looks + personality + ambition for a future Eboracum +1. Anyway, think I've found one. Chatting away getting on well, I asked for a date (after about 4 days chatting...why wait right), she said something like you seem lovely, we've got common interests, but how about we chat on Facebook for now.

Need a second opinion...thoughts on this? My view was she is interested, perhaps just nervous about the whole online thing. Or is she playing games? If she is I'll bin her instantly. I don't mess about. Only games I play are beating Jam on Fifa.

Thank-you

Interesting, if she gave you her fb maybe she's just a little apprehensive of seeing you in person and wants to know you a bit more.
There's the other possibility of being catfished...

Also you got PS4 and FIFA I assume?

Thank-you

Would say it seems better than me? Dunno just for me I'd rather chat with someone I want to get to know on Facebook which is more personal in a way, it's there for closer friends etc. She's probably interested as you'd rather get to know someone on Facebook and it's a better insight into her life which she's giving you so go for it man, good luck.

DISCLAIMER: Please don't blame me if things go wrong, this is merely advice....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank-you

She's trying some one else out and keeping you on hold. Up to you how you want to see that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Useful advice. Suppose you owed it me after I advised you previously. Cheers brah. :colondollar:

What happened with your girl from the previous thread btw?

'tis complicated Ebo.

We both admitted we wanted to be with each other, but its just not possible right now.
Original post by jam277
Interesting, if she gave you her fb maybe she's just a little apprehensive of seeing you in person and wants to know you a bit more.
There's the other possibility of being catfished...

Also you got PS4 and FIFA I assume?

Interesting. I mean, I understand some people are nervous about meeting folks online, I know I am. We only started chatting about 4 days ago, I'd be willing to chat for a few days on Facebook. Perhaps I should ask again after that and if she says no, it's sanogo. I'm not hanging about.

Do girls catfish people? Have you had that? Would have thought that was something blokes did more. I might just end it now, maybe its more trouble than it is worth.

Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Would say it seems better than me? Dunno just for me I'd rather chat with someone I want to get to know on Facebook which is more personal in a way, it's there for closer friends etc. She's probably interested as you'd rather get to know someone on Facebook and it's a better insight into her life which she's giving you so go for it man, good luck.

This is what I hoped, women are complicated creatures man.

Original post by AR_95
She's trying some one else out and keeping you on hold. Up to you how you want to see that.

If that's the case she'd be binned instantly. I'm not sure. Why is nothing ever simple AR?
Eboracum as a peer-acclaimed connoisseur of women I'd suggest you don't take any stabs at what her intentions are, and just take your time.

There's a thousand possibilities as to why she wants to take things to Facebook first and quite frankly we don't have a hope of guessing them from this side of the screen.

Be patient young son. You're looking for a relationship for the long term so you better be ready for a chase that lasts longer too.
Original post by JamesR12
Eboracum as a peer-acclaimed connoisseur of women I'd suggest you don't take any stabs at what her intentions are, and just take your time.

There's a thousand possibilities as to why she wants to take things to Facebook first and quite frankly we don't have a hope of guessing them from this side of the screen.

Be patient young son. You're looking for a relationship for the long term so you better be ready for a chase that lasts longer too.

Thanks James, sound advice. I hope one day I can become a peer-acclaimed connoisseur of women as well.

What's your strategy with women? Do you feed their egos and chase or do you sit back like Don Draper and let them come to you?

If that's the case she'd be binned instantly. I'm not sure. Why is nothing ever simple AR?

The reality is that there isn't much wrong with it and things are simpler then it seems. At the end of the day you're both online dating so both are expected to keep your options open/not over commit to one person too fast so I wouldn't say what she's doing is entirely wrong if all you guys have been doing is talking.

It could be a totally different reason though. Maybe she's not sure if you're "the guy" yet.
Original post by AR_95
The reality is that there isn't much wrong with it and things are simpler then it seems. At the end of the day you're both online dating so both are expected to keep your options open/not over commit to one person too fast so I wouldn't say what she's doing is entirely wrong if all you guys have been doing is talking.

It could be a totally different reason though. Maybe she's not sure if you're "the guy" yet.

You an expert with women as well?

Yeah man, tbh I'm not sure I can be bothered to chat on Fb... :colondollar:

Really annoys me that women have all the power in dating when you are in your 20s, they are the ones that get to say yes or no and get to decide speed and terms. So annoying man. Another reason why I'm anti-Feminism in the modern age. :colondollar:
You an expert with women as well?

Yeah man, tbh I'm not sure I can be bothered to chat on Fb... :colondollar:

Really annoys me that women have all the power in dating when you are in your 20s, they are the ones that get to say yes or no and get to decide speed and terms. So annoying man. Another reason why I'm anti-Feminism in the modern age. :colondollar:

I'm a complete noob at dating but know a thing or two about relationships though because of my long term one, if that makes sense?

They do end up having more power/choice but the trick is to not hand it all over to them. Try to give off the vibe that she has to meet your expectations just as much as you have to meet hers (without making it too obvious, obviously).

Haha, I'm Anti-feminists but have nothing against feminism, if that also makes sense?

Thank-you

Since you've been talking for only 4 days she might feel like it's progressing too quickly and she probably wants to find out more about you and if your 'Mr Right' for her. Talking with her on FB is a good start since she obviously seems keen on you for wanting to carry on chatting. I say give it a bit more time and let her feel more comfortable talking to you and then set up a date. Also, she might be worried about your intentions for wanting to see her so soon i.e. you only want to have sex with her. It's going to take a little bit of time and you don't want to rush into a relationship just for the sake of it. Good luck Eb, I hope things work out for you. :smile:
Looks like I don't have a clue...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95

Haha, I'm Anti-feminists but have nothing against feminism, if that also makes sense?

So basically you're a feminist in denial?

Will see you at slut walk next year xx
Original post by jam277
So basically you're a feminist in denial?

Will see you at slut walk next year xx

More so I'm ok with the initial concept/idea of it but don't think it's carried out/campaigned for in the right way. E.g think a lot of feminists are too extreme and anti male

It's just one of those things, bit like communism.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
More so I'm ok with the initial concept/idea of it but don't think it's carried out/campaigned for in the right way. E.g think a lot of feminists are too extreme and anti men

I was joking b. I get you though.
Original post by The.Joker
Since you've been talking for only 4 days she might feel like it's progressing too quickly and she probably wants to find out more about you and if your 'Mr Right' for her. Talking with her on FB is a good start since she obviously seems keen on you for wanting to carry on chatting. I say give it a bit more time and let her feel more comfortable talking to you and then set up a date. Also, she might be worried about your intentions for wanting to see her so soon i.e. you only want to have sex with her. It's going to take a little bit of time and you don't want to rush into a relationship just for the sake of it. Good luck Eb, I hope things work out for you. :smile:

A bengali girl like you should be focusing on her studies and not relationships!
Original post by AR_95
A bengali girl like you should be focusing on her studies and not relationships!

AR pls :lol:

I can do both... :colone:
Original post by The.Joker
AR pls :lol:

I can do both... :colone:

I'm telling your mum so you're sent back to Dhaka. I hear the Indian football commentary of the premier league is stellar.

Latest