The Student Room Group

Slacking at A Level?

Hello everyone,

I've just begun Year 12 at my sixth form and I am studying Maths, Physics, Biology and Economics. I am predicted all A/B grades for my A levels but recently I've seen myself not upto par with my and the schools expectations.
I don't think the work is that hard, yet I find myself really demotivated and lazy when it comes to doing my work. I'm slacking in all my subjects and quite far behind. It's come to the point were the school is arranging meetings with my parents. Have any A level students experienced this and what would you advise?

Thank You

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Start with the basics

Maths:

x/x^2 = 1/x^1

Physics:
Particle moving at 3m/s, calculate its distance covered after 1 min

Understand b*tch
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by unfathomablee
Hello everyone,

I've just begun Year 12 at my sixth form and I am studying Maths, Physics, Biology and Economics. I am predicted all A/B grades for my A levels but recently I've seen myself not upto par with my and the schools expectations.
I don't think the work is that hard, yet I find myself really demotivated and lazy when it comes to doing my work. I'm slacking in all my subjects and quite far behind. It's come to the point were the school is arranging meetings with my parents. Have any A level students experienced this and what would you advise?

Thank You

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, I'm having the same motivation problem that didn't seem to exist during my GCSEs.
Original post by naxiv

x/x^2 = sqrt*x

x/x^2 is 1/x, not sqrt*x
Reply 4
Original post by Sam280297
x/x^2 is 1/x, not sqrt*x

Soz
Hello everyone,

Thank You

Posted from TSR Mobile

stop slacking and do work, start revising now and pull your grades up. AS levels are will what get you uni offers, bad results, bad uni (unless you work exceptionally hard and take a year out)
Hello everyone,

Thank You

Posted from TSR Mobile

It might be that you over-worked yourself during your GCSEs? How did your GCSEs go anyways?
Original post by 123456789012
It might be that you over-worked yourself during your GCSEs? How did your GCSEs go anyways?

My GCSEs were alright I got 7A*s 4As 1B; I didn't find them particularly hard in all honesty, I think it's just I don't find A Levels particularly interesting but I need those subjects for my future Uni course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TE=unfathomablee;52465505]My GCSEs were alright I got 7A*s 4As 1B; I didn't find them particularly hard in all honesty, I think it's just I don't find A Levels particularly interesting but I need those subjects for my future Uni course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right, I see. To be honest, all of the subjects you're doing are the hardcore subjects, so there is a chance of losing interest in them relatively soon. Also, it may be the fact that your school does not generally perform that well at A Levels? I'm currently going to such a school, and there's not a lot of students who are doing A Levels (most of them are doing GCSE retakes and BTECs); and this doesn't motivate me to study either (I'm doing additional A-Levels this year).
hm my schools performs quite well but a lot of the students I've spoken with have the same issue as me, so it may be the environment ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's quite normal to have ups and downs in motivation, especially if you have been working hard and heavily focussed without much in the way of breaks. Individuals vary very much so what works for one person may not be particularly effective for another so you might have to try several different approaches.

As a start, you could try taking some time off, say a week, where you do no work, refuse to think of any study-related issues, and engage entirely in something you like doing. Who knows? Cycling, watching movies, playing football, sleeping, crocheting cushion covers (OK! It's not me either).... The point is to get completely away from study and get a break, allowing your mind to relax.

If you check out Kewei Press (www.keweipress.com) there is some free stuff there that might help boost your motivation and get you going again.

I hope you manage to relight your fuse!
I have lots of ups and downs as well. You have plenty of time to improve.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending