The Student Room Group

I ruined Christmas and my family (hopefully temporary)

So I told everybody the truth yesterday... I'm not going to repeat the story so those who recognise my username will know what I am talking about.
I feel so much better that I've told the truth but the consequences were not good.
It was my intention to tell everyone after New Year but then something happened which made me have to tell them on Christmas.
I feel so bad about telling them on the most special day of the year, any other day would have caused less arguments but I had no choice!

Any advice on how to make the hurt on my family better?

Hint: sister's husband post.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lil_miss_
I'm not going to give up easily on my sister though because he was equally at fault or if not more so.

Lol. So you think putting blame on the dude will try to ease the pain your sister is feeling? Betrayed by someone she grew up with and the love of her life... How would you feel if you were in her position?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did your sister say?
Personally I hope your sister and your family shuns you, also that your sister divorce's her cheating husband.
(edited 9 years ago)
What happened, I'm so interested now. Lemme guess:
You had sex with your sister's husband, and now they all know and she hates you.
Sorry if my post seems insensitive but you're the one who's playing games by not telling us what happened.
Anyways if I'm correct, then you gotta let go of your sister for a while, two-three years.
Well there is no way to make the hurt any better. This a situation you can't just make all fine the next day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lil_miss_
So I told everybody the truth yesterday... I'm not going to repeat the story so those who recognise my username will know what I am talking
Hint: sister's husband post.

Dude just summarize the ****ing story

Posted from TSR Mobile
You feel bad about ruining Christmas? You have bigger problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Husband of sister tickles OP and one thing leads to another. I'm with the wrong sister he says. You're so hot he says. Sex they have.

She admits on Christmas.

How did they react?!
(edited 9 years ago)
You really did ruin the family.. you should have controlled yourself. Great going
To be honest OP, just move on. You've got off incredibly lightly considering what you've done and truth be told, if you go poking the beast, you might not like the reaction that you get. You're only going to make things worse if you keep on trying to patch things up by keeping on at them.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Husband of sister tickles OP and one thing leads to another. I'm with the wrong sister he says. You're so hot he says. Sed they havev

She admits on Christmas.

How did they react?!

Sounds like a really bad drama plot! :yawn: Like maybe something you would see on TOWIE or Made in Chelsea...
Husband of sister tickles OP and one thing leads to another. I'm with the wrong sister he says. You're so hot he says. Sed they havev

She admits on Christmas.

How did they react?!

Well she wouldve controlled herself op u are at great fault

Posted from TSR Mobile
Something happened that made you tell them? What was that? I have no advice, if I was you I'd probably disappear in shame for a couple years and that's not very constructive. I could never ever break my sister's family even if her boyfriend was that hot thing who plays Thor. Total mindblank what his name is though.
I don't have any sympathy for you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DeceitfulDove
I could never ever break my sister's family even if her boyfriend was that hot thing who plays Thor. Total mindblank what his name is though.

Tom Hiddleson :smile: I agree men come and go but (most of the time) family will always be there
Nothing you can do
You have yourself to blame as you had sex with him
Husband of sister tickles OP and one thing leads to another. I'm with the wrong sister he says. You're so hot he says. Sex they have.

She admits on Christmas.

How did they react?!

Better christmas storyline than EastEnders last night.
Original post by bittr n swt
Nothing you can do
You have yourself to blame as you had sex with him

Better christmas storyline than EastEnders last night.

Haven't watched it in time. Who killed Lucy?
You can't make things better, what is done, is done.

If you are honest and remorseful, your family will hopefully forgive you over time.
Another thing OP let the family digest what they've heard don't continue to apologise again and again
Give your sister space and time.

Haven't watched it in time. Who killed Lucy?

I haven't watched it in time too I only watch Christmas episodes now. Lucy killer still not revealed I was told it would be in February. My money is on Lauren

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending