The Student Room Group

Im tired of love and guys

All the men I come across are so disappointing. Maybe its because of my expectations. I just want to meet a decent guy, why is that so hard? Also Im finding it hard to believe that "love" exists. People will eventually get sick of each other some time right? I dont know if a person who I would want to spend the rest of my life exists. I dont think Ive ever been in love with someone, just the person I make them in my mind. Ive been on dates but with guys who lived far away so we drifted away.

Im lonely. All my best friends have always left me for one reason or another. (Stupid arguments, moving somewhere else) So most of the time instead of having a person to tell my secrets to, I write it down. Ive tried online dating but the men I meet there are only after sex (which again is so disappointing) Why me? Im a decently nice person so why cant I find someone? A best friend.. A boyfriend. Just someone who understand me.

Not really sure what you expect us to say but keep holding on and try looking for men in places which might actually indicate good character as opposed to nights out or online dating.
What do you look for in a decent guy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was once so desperate that I fell for a scam. Then I realised I was the problem. So I stopped looking and am happy. If anyone asks about my love life I'll say that it doesn't exist and tell them to get back to work
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
If you dont have anything to contribute dont say it?

Okay sorry.. Just wait the best will come one day, and if not its the life want it as it is. Sorry for my english

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawn_o1
I was once so desperate that I fell for a scam. Then I realised I was the problem. So I stopped looking and am happy. If anyone asks about my love life I'll say that it doesn't exist and tell them to get back to work

A scam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
All the men I come across are so disappointing. Maybe its because of my expectations. I just want to meet a decent guy, why is that so hard? Also Im finding it hard to believe that "love" exists. People will eventually get sick of each other some time right? I dont know if a person who I would want to spend the rest of my life exists. I dont think Ive ever been in love with someone, just the person I make them in my mind. Ive been on dates but with guys who lived far away so we drifted away.

Im lonely. All my best friends have always left me for one reason or another. (Stupid arguments, moving somewhere else) So most of the time instead of having a person to tell my secrets to, I write it down. Ive tried online dating but the men I meet there are only after sex (which again is so disappointing) Why me? Im a decently nice person so why cant I find someone? A best friend.. A boyfriend. Just someone who understand me.

Your expectations probably exist, but would they choose you over someone else? That is when you have high expectations.

It's like someone who is obese only ever wanting an athletic looking partner, don't ask for perfection when you can't even achieve it yourself.

As for nice guys, there are plenty of nice guys but I bet you won't ever find someone who ticks all the boxes.

It's lucky if you find someone on the same wavelength, let alone, good looking, athletic, perfect father, amazing job, socially adept and on the same wavelength.

If I'm not hitting the mark with any of these, maybe you are just looking in the wrong places or not looking at all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by olitheoblong

Yep, don't fall for the online tricks. The girl you might be talking to could actually be an old man with a criminal past ready to abduct you. Or she might not even exist IRL and wasted all your time.
Reply 8
When girls say they want a decent guy and can never find one, they most likely have tick boxes a mile long which maybe 1 in a 1000 guys will ever meet so they keep looking or they expect guys to just fall at their feet because they are so wonderful.

Most people who are involuntarily single are either very unlucky, don't look hard enough or far too picky and for the wrong reasons. Most of the time, being single is due to lack of effort.
Don't expect anything. So if you do find someone, it'll be a nice surprise, and if you don't, well .. you weren't expecting it anyway so there's less disappointment. Stop waiting for it to happen and focus on other things in your life. :redface:
You will never find satisfying, healthy relationships until you are able to be content with yourself as you are, alone. Find hobbies, new challenges and experiences, new friends. Travel, do the things you enjoy doing and work hard at them. Don't sit around moping because you don't have a boyfriend, they are hugely overrated and so many people use relationships as crutches.

A good relationship should enhance your life, but don't delude yourself into believing you need one to complete it, or you will always be dependent on others for your happiness.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm tired of ****ty threads like these but hey you don't see me making a thread about it.
Reply 12
Stop looking, take yourself off the dating scene and take some time out to focus on yourself. You'll feel much less stressed about not having someone and if you eventually meet someone you won't come off as desperate.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending