The Student Room Group

I ruined Christmas and my family (hopefully temporary)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xtenshiai
Tom Hiddleson :smile: I agree men come and go but (most of the time) family will always be there

That's Loki:facepalm2:
You're thinking of Chris Hemsworth
Original post by bittr n swt
Another thing OP let the family digest what they've heard don't continue to apologise again and again
Give your sister space and time.

I haven't watched it in time too I only watch Christmas episodes now. Lucy killer still not revealed I was told it would be in February. My money is on Lauren

It seems you miss one episode and everything happens so I gave up.

I think Abby
Original post by H0PEL3SS
That's Loki:facepalm2:
You're thinking of Chris Hemsworth

Oops sorry lol i read loki for some reason
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Buxtonwater
What did your sister say?

As expected, she was devastated and said she is done with the two of us.
Reply 24
Original post by gagafacea1
What happened, I'm so interested now. Lemme guess:
You had sex with your sister's husband, and now they all know and she hates you.
Sorry if my post seems insensitive but you're the one who's playing games by not telling us what happened.
Anyways if I'm correct, then you gotta let go of your sister for a while, two-three years.

I'm not playing games, I had created a previous thread explaining the story and asking for advice of whether to tell or not and when to, however it got deleted. I didn't see the need in telling the whole story again because this was aimed at the people who had read the other thread.
Reply 25
Original post by DeceitfulDove
Something happened that made you tell them? What was that? I have no advice, if I was you I'd probably disappear in shame for a couple years and that's not very constructive. I could never ever break my sister's family even if her boyfriend was that hot thing who plays Thor. Total mindblank what his name is though.

He tried it on with me again yesterday: CHRISTMAS DAY! At first in the kitchen he slapped my bum and winked I was about to say something but then a member of my family walked in.
Also when I had gone to the bathroom, he was there when I came out and started saying things like you're the most beautiful thing i've ever seen etc... and then he kissed me and put his hand up my dress... and said he can't stop thinking about me etc. Whether I enjoyed that or not I knew it was wrong so I stopped him and decided to tell my family before he tried another time.
I had regretted the incident every minute since it had happened that night when everyone had gone out, yet he felt no remorse at all, this is what made me have to tell them then.

And you mean Chris Hemsworth...
Reply 26
Original post by Aku-gila
I don't have any sympathy for you.

And in no way am I asking for sympathy. I know what I have done is terrible, I am just asking for any advice for example if this has happened in someone's family before and had it been overcome etc.
Reply 27
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
You can't make things better, what is done, is done.

If you are honest and remorseful, your family will hopefully forgive you over time.

Okay thank you.
And I 100% am!
Reply 28
Original post by bittr n swt
Another thing OP let the family digest what they've heard don't continue to apologise again and again
Give your sister space and time.

I haven't watched it in time too I only watch Christmas episodes now. Lucy killer still not revealed I was told it would be in February. My money is on Lauren

Thanks, that is what I'm trying to do. Right now I am staying with my father until uni starts.
Original post by Lil_miss_
He tried it on with me again yesterday: CHRISTMAS DAY! At first in the kitchen he slapped my bum and winked I was about to say something but then a member of my family walked in.
Also when I had gone to the bathroom, he was there when I came out and started saying things like you're the most beautiful thing i've ever seen etc... and then he kissed me and put his hand up my dress... and said he can't stop thinking about me etc. Whether I enjoyed that or not I knew it was wrong so I stopped him and decided to tell my family before he tried another time.
I had regretted the incident every minute since it had happened that night when everyone had gone out, yet he felt no remorse at all, this is what made me have to tell them then.

And you mean Chris Hemsworth...

How did he react when you told everyone? Did he try to deny it?
of I was you I'd probably disappear in shame for a couple years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is a bad advice
Reply 31
Original post by Coffeetime
How did he react when you told everyone? Did he try to deny it?

He was smiling/laughing and said it was a joke and he was playing around and that I was making it to be something bigger than it actually was...
He was smiling/laughing and said it was a joke and he was playing around and that I was making it to be something bigger than it actually was...

He has a point. It was just sex with his wife's sister... No biggie.

Wow. I'm not saying what you did was right. But at least you admitted to your mistake. He sounds like a real winner and it's probably best that something happened early in your sisters marriage, before there were children.
Reply 34
Original post by Coffeetime
Wow. I'm not saying what you did was right. But at least you admitted to your mistake. He sounds like a real winner and it's probably best that something happened early in your sisters marriage, before there were children.

Yeah that's so true!

I just hope she will forgive me in due time because she said something like why am I not surprised this always happens when you're around, and I have no idea what she was talking about :frown:
Yeah that's so true!

I just hope she will forgive me in due time because she said something like why am I not surprised this always happens when you're around, and I have no idea what she was talking about :frown:

I sympathise with your sister because it must be devastating to find out. But I hope you two can move past this eventually. Maybe give her some time to cool off and then arrange to get together and talk?
Thanks, that is what I'm trying to do. Right now I am staying with my father until uni starts.

I think your sister deserves an explanation of what happened. I'm sure she still has lots of questions. You may have things you forgot to mention yesterday. Things you want to point out. I'd say write it all down. Then give it to her. Wait until you think it's time though, got to give her some time first.
Your sister definitely needed to know because she would have been in a marriage with a cheating **** - if he can sleep with you, he can easily sleep with other people.

However...whether or not your relationship with your sister will ever recover, I really don't know. Blood is thick but is it THAT thick? I know nothing about your sister so I guess you can anticipate her next move better than I can.

I still think you're an awful sister though, as I said in the other thread, but her husband needs a kick upside the head.

Ugh. Your poor sister.
Reply 38
Original post by Black Rose
I think your sister deserves an explanation of what happened. I'm sure she still has lots of questions. You may have things you forgot to mention yesterday. Things you want to point out. I'd say write it all down. Then give it to her. Wait until you think it's time though, got to give her some time first.

Good idea, because i hardly got to explain myself yesterday.

I'll give it just under a week I think, because she must be really angry at me right now.
Soooo ... you slept with your sister's husband? :erm: You deserve the fall out for that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending