The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by little_wizard123
Benteke captain? Noob.

I never thought ADM wouldn't play so I just stuck it on someone who was guaranteed to play 100%.

On hindsight... ffs. :angry:
Original post by Zerforax
I'm currently on 70 but I think I have 13 bonus points coming in.

Really annoyed with Sanchez - him missing that penalty means a difference of 7 points x 2 (since was captain) and probably an extra bonus point so that miss cost me like 16 points.

Might be time to take Lukaku out since he's doing nothing.

Same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy Ftw
I never thought ADM wouldn't play so I just stuck it on someone who was guaranteed to play 100%.

On hindsight... ffs. :angry:

It could be that Van Gaal is saving him for Spurs. His quote was quite ambiguous

"He was injured in a warming up, it is not a heavy injury, but you don’t take risks I think.”

Also... to the guy who I suggested benching Downing instead of Austin, I hope you listened :tongue: Forgot who you are
(edited 9 years ago)
79 points. Lost my cup already.

Guess a lot of people did well this GW. Likes of Sanchez, Costa, Sig, Austin, Kane, Eriksen all scoring and/or assisting.

Next GW on Sunday. Deadline is 11:30, but you'll be able to see Spurs-Utd line-up beforehand.
(edited 9 years ago)
102 pts this week BUZZZZZZZZINGGGGGGGGG
Original post by sr90
It could be that Van Gaal is saving him for Spurs. His quote was quite ambiguous

"He was injured in a warming up, it is not a heavy injury, but you don’t take risks I think.”

Also... to the guy who I suggested benching Downing instead of Austin, I hope you listened :tongue: Forgot who you are

I got rid of him anyway in anger already :tongue:
Original post by Andy Ftw
I got rid of him anyway in anger already :tongue:

Haha I did that after his last injury.

Does anyone know when Sturridge is likely to be back? I'm planning to bring him straight in.
Original post by sr90

Does anyone know when Sturridge is likely to be back? I'm planning to bring him straight in.

He should be fit and playing by the end of Jan.
Original post by sr90

I've got the same front 3 as you, no idea who to drop really. What do you reckon Rooney's long term prospects are? I imagine he'll sit deeper when Di Maria is back?

And kudos for going back on top! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The.Joker
He should be fit and playing by the end of Jan.

Meh, that's my strategy out the window then (get rid of Yaya when he goes to ACON and then upgrade Kane).

Back on top of the league as well, woo.

Original post by Isometrix
I've got the same front 3 as you, no idea who to drop really. What do you reckon Rooney's long term prospects are? I imagine he'll sit deeper when Di Maria is back?

And kudos for going back on top! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think he'll stay where he is for now but the real dilemma will come if we ever have Carrick, Blind ADM, Herrera & Fellaini all fit at the same time, we're heavily linked with signing Strootman in January as well. I suspect he'll go back to #10 when that happens as Van Gaal doesn't seem to see him as a striker.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Meh, that's my strategy out the window then (get rid of Yaya when he goes to ACON and then upgrade Kane).

Back on top of the league as well, woo.

I think he'll stay where he is for now but the real dilemma will come if we ever have Carrick, Blind ADM, Herrera & Fellaini all fit at the same time, we're heavily linked with signing Strootman in January as well. I suspect he'll go back to #10 when that happens as Van Gaal doesn't seem to see him as a striker.

Yaya naturally gets swapped to Silva during the ACON on current form surely?

Original post by The Assassin
No, lost to a guy who still has dier in his lineup :facepalm:

Brutal, I'll probably get knocked out by him in the next round :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mister Dead
Brought Giroud in this moring. Luckily he was vice to Eriksen. This has cost me 4 points for next week to get in a replacement. Needless to say he's been hate-transferred out with extreme prejudice.

Similar situation, but he got 6 points for me last week. However, I also rage switched him out. What a moron :facepalm2: A Giroud red card at home to QPR was never on the cards.
Original post by ..DT..
Yaya naturally gets swapped to Silva during the ACON on current form surely?

Not even sure if i'll want a City attacker then as they play Everton, Arsenal & Chelsea in Jan.
98 points and only just through past my cup opponent. That late palace goal saved me since he had anderweiled and Forster. Just gone Yun -> Steven Taylor for my transfer. Fixtures flipping at a really bad time for me with no fit defenders on home rotation.

Surely Baines back in form soon, scant returns last few weeks, rivals been skipping past with their ultra cheap back lines.
Original post by sr90
Not even sure if i'll want a City attacker then as they play Everton, Arsenal & Chelsea in Jan.

Everton and Arsenal home or away? Not exactly like either have been solid defensively recently :O
dont think I ever do well on the cup.. lost to a guy who has over 200pts less then me.. pretty standard.

No chance in place this week, though beat the top guy in my H2H league :smile:

Captain sanchez worked well.. but for some stupid reason, austin is on my bench..
Original post by fallen_acorns
dont think I ever do well on the cup.. lost to a guy who has over 200pts less then me.. pretty standard.

No chance in place this week, though beat the top guy in my H2H league :smile:

Captain sanchez worked well.. but for some stupid reason, austin is on my bench..

It was me you beat in head to head lol. Luckily Gob Bluth lost too so I maintain my 5 point lead :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
It was me you beat in head to head lol. Luckily Gob Bluth lost too so I maintain my 5 point lead :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah your so far ahead of me in that league, that getting 1st is beyond my expecations.. i am just fighting for 3rd now.. (which was the cut off for some other league that may or may not be happening, if I remember rightly..)
did really well today
Original post by ..DT..
Everton and Arsenal home or away? Not exactly like either have been solid defensively recently :O

They're away to Everton/Chelsea and at home to Arsenal.

I guess we'll have to see nearer the time. Still have no idea what week i'll play my WC.

Quick Reply

Latest