The Student Room Group

We can't be romantic?

Unusual case here, there's a girl I've known for a few years now and I was really into her since the day I first laid eyes on her, but every time I got too close, I encountered that barrier of "oh that just doesn't work" that we all fall into every now and then when two people just aren't romantically compatible. I can't explain it, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

But the problem is I can't stop thinking about her, and every time I see her, I just wish that we could get together romantically and be more than friends. The feeling is truly overwhelming. Trouble is, I know that every time I try to get close, things just turn a little weird. I can see it's the same for her - when we're together, she'll sometimes come onto me, then for either one of us, sometimes at the same time, we'll both think "wait, what/!" and back off. To be honest, it's killing me, and it's killing her too, but we just don't know how to get past that final little wall. We're like two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle that's been magnetised, and while we're the right fit for each other, we hit a barrier right at the last moment.

I've never been faced with this before, and didn't know if anyone else had ever been in the same position?
I don't understand what is holding you back. What's the barrier? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by whisper2012
I don't understand what is holding you back. What's the barrier? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just a feeling of weirdness and wrongness - we both have it. Like two really good friends for whom it would be just wrong to be anything other than that.
Reply 3
I don't have any siblings, but I suppose it might be similar to how you would feel if you go intimate with your brother or sister - weirdly, remarkably wrong and just plain not working. Incompatible.
Maybe rather than this slow sort of build up, next time you feel the attraction just go for it and kiss her or something, so there's no time for it to become weird.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending