wtf?
Original post by H.Ibrahim
wtf?

real

kids these days man
I'm starting to hate my own accent a bit, I can't even talk properly:frown:
Original post by Red Fox

I've gotten rid of mine as much as possible. I bloody hate Nottingham accents.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox

become a brummie innit

What accent do you have? Wait until you hear mine :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
I've gotten rid of mine as much as possible. I bloody hate Nottingham accents.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't pronounce the letter T, I just imply it and it sounds so chavy. I say Noh-ingham not Nottingham.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bude8
become a brummie innit

What accent do you have? Wait until you hear mine :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't have a strong regional accent but apparently people where I come from sound like posh brummies:lol: (I've also heard it's similar to the Notts accent but I have no idea what that even sounds like).
Original post by Red Fox
Don't have a strong regional accent but apparently people where I come from sound like posh brummies:lol: (I've also heard it's similar to the Notts accent but I have no idea what that even sounds like).

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0kWuvTn3ZhV

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Obiejess
<object width="148" height="44"><param name="movie" value="http://vocaroo.com/player.swf?playMediaID=s11PBwhKNvSN&autoplay=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://vocaroo.com/player.swf?playMediaID=s11PBwhKNvSN&autoplay=0" width="148" height="44" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object><br><a href="http://vocaroo.com" style="font-size:xx-small;" title="Vocaroo Voice Recorder">Record and upload voice >></a>

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well... this is just a catastrophe:lol:

EDIT: listened to the fixed version now, you said draft and bath correctly instead of barrrth
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Red Fox

Fixed!

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0kWuvTn3ZhV

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox

I wonder if it's possible to learn how to speak in Received Pronunciation? I think uni will give you a different accent though! Wonder what accent Bath people have...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
I wonder if it's possible to learn how to speak in Received Pronunciation? I think uni will give you a different accent though! Wonder what accent Bath people have...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably pretty posh.

Bristolians have a disgusting accent, ****ing farmers:lol:, only brummies are worse:colonhash:. My sister occasionally slips into a brummie accent because of uni so it's fun to take the piss.

I have no idea why I thought you'd have a posh accent. :rofl:

However, I say draft with a soft 'a' and bath as 'barth'... The r isn't too strong though... Wait do I? I've confused myself now ._

Posted from TSR Mobile
We need to compare accents or something. Someone decide on something to say and we all record ourselves saying it.

Yeah I edited my post but please don't start saying barth instead of bath. At least you don't say baf like me:lol:.
Original post by Red Fox
Probably pretty posh.

Bristolians have a disgusting accent, ****ing farmers:lol:, only brummies are worse:colonhash:. My sister occasionally slips into a brummie accent because of uni so it's fun to take the piss.

Heard a chav speaking the other day and he was like 'yeah, she's mah fook boody'

I don't know if this is true but someone told me true Bristolians pronounce Bristol as 'Briz-all'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by O133
We need to compare accents or something. Someone decide on something to say and we all record ourselves saying it.

Yes! And we need to get words with controversial pronunciation like bath, grass, controversy etc.

I insist that controversy is pronounced contra-versie and not con-trov-ersie because controversial is not pronounced con-trov-ersial

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Heard a chav speaking the other day and he was like 'yeah, she's mah fook boody'

I don't know if this is true but someone told me true Bristolians pronounce Bristol as 'Briz-all'

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think chavs transcend accents because they sound like ***** wherever you go.

Yeah it does sound a bit like they're saying Brizzle.
Original post by Bude8
Yes! And we need to get words with controversial pronunciation like bath, grass, controversy etc.

I insist that controversy is pronounced contra-versie and not con-trov-ersie because controversial is not pronounced con-trov-ersial

Posted from TSR Mobile

I say pro-noun-ciation not pro-nun-ciation, no idea why.
Okay. I've engineered a phrase:

'Despite the controversy, whatever you say, I still like to eat my scones on the grass, and then have a bath. '

Go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)