The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I will post mine tomorrow, then you guys can laugh my accent. Though I think this is the case for everyone, recordings of my voice sound nothing like what my ears hear my voice as...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
I'm not a lawyer. I'm a tired teenager blasting Kasabian in the background of her ****ty bedroom.

Just post the link :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah leave it fam, it makes me sick to listen to so I'm not sharing it:lol:.

I can't damage my reputation as a well spoken, educated young man.
I just did one in Welsh as well (the result of which I'm not willing to post) and I sound very North Walian, with no Englishness to my voice whatsoever.
Original post by O133
The sound quality is pretty awful but:

http://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/0uebtgjjip3mxbgh

I sound so posh, now I know why people have been saying that about me all this time!
(Also, I might pronounce "scone" to rhyme with "gone" or "stone" depending on what mood I'm in.)

I love your accent :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay depending on how bad Bude's accent is, I might post mine tomorrow.
Original post by O133
The sound quality is pretty awful but:

http://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/0uebtgjjip3mxbgh

I sound so posh, now I know why people have been saying that about me all this time!
(Also, I might pronounce "scone" to rhyme with "gone" or "stone" depending on what mood I'm in.)

Can't listen to it on my phone, will do tomorrow, but I'm with you on the scone thing. I don't even know how to pronounce it tbh...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love your accent :ahee:

Incidentally your accent (bar the "grass" and "bath") is more or less how I hear my accent sounding.
I'm not a lawyer.

Changed your mind again? #women :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8

Posted from TSR Mobile

#women gr8 b8 m8

Are you trying to cause controversy (or con-trov-ersy) with that hashtag:lol:?
Original post by Bude8

Posted from TSR Mobile

No lol. But I refuse to call myself a Lawyer until I have been met a uni offer. I did get 7 law books for Christmas though.

#men

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by O133
Incidentally your accent (bar the "grass" and "bath") is more or less how I hear my accent sounding.

Nice. In all honesty, I feel *most* intelligent people have a similar sort of accentless accent. Not RP, just well-spoken.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
#women gr8 b8 m8

Maybe :colone:
There was a thread called 'she's mad at me for no reason!' And I just wrote #women :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
#women gr8 b8 m8

Refused to take bait.

I did some research, and con-tro-versy is American whereas con-trov-ersy is British.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice. In all honesty, I feel *most* intelligent people have a similar sort of accentless accent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually my economics teacher (EconPlusDal on YouTube, a lot of TSR Economists use him during exam revision times) pronounces 'little' as 'lit-al' and not 'lit-tul'. He's a Nottingham lad too :tongue:

Still a very intelligent man though, but I'd like to see a chav explain some complicated science to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Refused to take bait.

I did some research, and con-tro-versy is American whereas con-trov-ersy is British.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Contro-versial
Contro-versy:dontknow:

I'm confusing myself with some of these words and forgetting how I actually say them.
Refused to take bait.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If that's true (I have a feeling it's true pragmatically but I don't think you could call it completely American - my Latin teacher insists on it being called contra-versie and he's very British. And ridiculously knowledgeable) then America's right for once. But that's not possible so it's not American #controversialstatement

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Actually my economics teacher (EconPlusDal on YouTube, a lot of TSR Economists use him during exam revision times) pronounces 'little' as 'lit-al' and not 'lit-tul'. He's a Nottingham lad too :tongue:

Still a very intelligent man though, but I'd like to see a chav explain some complicated science to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's some proper hoodrat in my physics class who's actually smart as **** but talks like your local weed dealer(he probably is one tbf).
Original post by Bude8

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have three teachers with Cambridge degrees, and all speak with that accentless accent (except one speaks with a scottish lilt bless him). So do my intelligent peers. I guess it's what you're exposed to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
There's some proper hoodrat in my physics class who's actually smart as **** but talks like your local weed dealer(he probably is one tbf).

One of the rugby lads at school tried explaining something science to me.
'When something is weak it means its atom is soft and there aren't many molecules' or something like that :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
One of the rugby lads at school tried explaining some science to me.
'When something is weak it means its atom is soft and there aren't many molecules' or something like that :redface:

Another time they were baking in the kitchen.
'Bude like, if we add dark chocolate to white chocolate can we make milk chocolate?'
:rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest