The Student Room Group

Clubbing question

I'm 18 and I'm planning to go clubbing this NYE. When I'm drunk I tend to lose my possessions.
Do clubs accept a scanned copy of my passport? I live in London. Prior to taking precautions (avoid losing my passport) I'm even doing the unthinkable and leaving my iPhone at home and leave with a cheap phone)
Cheap phone
Also perhaps gibe your possessions to your friends to keep. Particularly your sober friends

Would suck to lose an iPhone on nye
Reply 2
A fanny pack should fix all of your problems in one sweep.
A scanned copy should be fine as long as the photo on the paper looks like you, taking a second phone that is cheap is generally a good idea if you're going hard on a night out if you are prone to losing things.

Enjoy clubbing, NYE will be awesome for clubbing especially in London.
Reply 4
I've always just been out with my provisional liscence, most places operate with a scanner and need an actual physical Id to check in their system
Reply 5
All of us are planning to drink, I wouldn't trust any of my friends to keep my passport/phone.

Fanny pick hahahah.

Thanks, I hope you all have a good NYE too

Think the bouncers will be a bit lenient with the whole scanned idea if I go with a girl?
Clubs will not normally accept photocopies of an ID, since to be legal they require to be either an actual Passport, Driving License or ID with a PASS hologram.

If you're planning a big night out, might I suggest seeing if you can get a Citizencard or IdentityUK card on express order in case you lose them.

Also bear in mind, if you take your passport, if you leave it at the club or at a train station, it is against the law for them to hold it until you pay to get it back (as is policy with lost property in many places) - they must return it to you, or to the local police station where you can often pick it up as long as you take some other valid ID with you such as a driving license or birth certificate if it's a recent photo.
Reply 7
put in your bra..
Reply 8
£30 for the citizen card, f that!
Original post by LorenzoLDN
£30 for the citizen card, f that!

IIRC a passport is £70 and provisional driving licence is £50 so that's not bad. I've used my provisional licence for four years without losing it once as it stays in my wallet or gets immediately returned if take out for ID.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Make that £23 since there's a offer £7 off but still, that could be a solution. I mean its bad enough I could be spending £50+ that night dont want to end up spending an additional £23
Nowehre here would accept a scanned copy, as like someone else said many places use a card scanner to check if the ID is fake. You're just going to have to either not go, not get too drunk, accept it and possibly loose your stuff or give your important things to a close friend to mind.
Make that £23 since there's a offer £7 off but still, that could be a solution. I mean its bad enough I could be spending £50+ that night dont want to end up spending an additional £23

I bet the fanny pack doesn't sound too bad right now. :lol:
Sorry to say but nowhere will accept scanned id. Even with these citizem cards that you cam buy, most places wont accept them. Youre gonna need a passport or a provisional or an actual drivers license. If youre not english and have a foreign id card, that'll do too.

The last thing you want is plan a big night out with your mates, only to be turned down at the door and have to go home.
Although having said that, losing all your valuables would suck even more. Give them to a mate inside or just be sensible. No one can be that clumsy to lose their stuff everytime surely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
What do you guys think about having a scanned passport + physical university ID?

Clearly everyone should know you need to be 18+ for university.
Original post by Mr Wrong
A fanny pack should fix all of your problems in one sweep.

Careful friend, over here fanny means minge
Reply 16
dude just use your passport and then put it in a zip compartment of your bag and put your bag in the cloak room.
What do you guys think about having a scanned passport + physical university ID?

Clearly everyone should know you need to be 18+ for university.

Many people have already said this. Most places WILL NOT accept a scanned ID, they will want the hard copy.

Edit: Also no being at university does not guarantee you will be 18 many people start at 17, particularly the scottish, clubs will not take that chance
Reply 18
Police and bouncers now accept CitizenCards - their logos are printed on the new design. A discount code they don't publish called NEVILLE saves you £10, not sure when it's valid til but I used it last week to get card for £5 ! I think it cuts the urgent process to £20.

Quick Reply

Latest