The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone shed light how many round of interviews at mcd cashier dept before offer? Also are they target heavy?
Original post by zuzushi
hi guys I was wondering if it's too late to apply for spring week now? I know the applications are still open but given that most of them are on a rolling basis there is a big chance most of the places are filled anyways?

Still worth applying.

I'd say skip: DB, CS, BAML (possibly) - Others may add to this list, as a lot of spaces have been filled at these institutions and the statistical likelihood of you recieving an offer is just heavily stacked against you, if you were to apply at this time.

Some deadlines have already passed such as JPM.

What's your profile?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by smashzeJ
Anyone shed light how many round of interviews at mcd cashier dept before offer? Also are they target heavy?

Tel phone interview > AC > Final round with store manager.

They recruit non-target mostly and are rolling-basis but you're a semi-target so have better chance than if you went to Oxbridge/LSE. If you only going for the money however, you will quit soon.
Original post by Anonynous
Still worth applying.

I'd say skip: DB, CS, BAML (possibly) - Others may add to this list, as a lot of spaces have been filled at these institutions and the statistical likelihood of you recieving an offer is just heavily stacked against you, if you were to apply at this time.

What's your profile?

Its so funny how you've switched to turn serious :biggrin::biggrin:
Still worth applying.

What's your profile?

I see. Thanks for the insight!
I'm studying PPE at Oxford and have close to no financial experience. I did do a short internship at a law firm doing some research during high school when I was in New Zealand. I'm a Kiwi-Chinese so I'm bilingual and I got 2380 in my SATs and a 7 in IB Mathematics HL (I guess its the equivalent of Additional Maths in A-levels) and 41/45 in IB. Other than that I really don't have anything special. Would I have a shot at Spring Week or even Summer Internships or should I look at cold calling boutiques for some experience and try for the bigger banks in my second year?
Original post by zuzushi
I see. Thanks for the insight!
I'm studying PPE at Oxford and have close to no financial experience. I did do a short internship at a law firm doing some research during high school when I was in New Zealand. I'm a Kiwi-Chinese so I'm bilingual and I got 2380 in my SATs and a 7 in IB Mathematics HL (I guess its the equivalent of Additional Maths in A-levels) and 41/45 in IB. Other than that I really don't have anything special. Would I have a shot at Spring Week or even Summer Internships or should I look at cold calling boutiques for some experience and try for the bigger banks in my second year?

You have every chance at Spring Weeks. I suggest you begin these applications. Good luck!
Original post by President M.E.
Do you reckon it'll be technical?

Had an interview at xmas and can confirm that it was really technical. Had to, in detail, explain how to do a Big Mac even though it wasnt McDonalds I was applying for. The interviewer apperently wanted me to know about the competition better than I expected.. And failed the numerical for Mc too. ****ing Burger Q, was like 20 options per question and the time restrictions was just insane. Welp, life sucks.
You have every chance at Spring Weeks. I suggest you begin these applications. Good luck!

Thank you so much! I'm working on my resume at the moment so that it actually looks professional. Could you please take a look at it later and give me some advice?
Original post by zuzushi
Thank you so much! I'm working on my resume at the moment so that it actually looks professional. Could you please take a look at it later and give me some advice?

Sure, I'll PM you my email for which you can send it through too.
Dixy/Sams Chicken AC any1? Dropped my bundle during phone interview
Original post by incomingIBD
Dixy/Sams Chicken AC any1? Dropped my bundle during phone interview

Rejected pre-interview :/
Rejected pre-interview :/

:frown: u got feedback???? Is it possible to ask sams to switch dates? Willing to move BAML to summer so I can work on the F/O Kiosk
Original post by incomingIBD
:frown: u got feedback???? Is it possible to ask sams to switch dates? Willing to move BAML to summer so I can work on the F/O Kiosk

My answers to the motavation q on apps were more suited to MO kitchen staff -_-'. Will re-apply next year and take a year in industry so graduating in 2018. BAML should be flexible, Sams offer better exit opps so I would focus on converting that. All the best, let us know how it goes.
Original post by snowwhite_123
Got an invitation for a phone interview from JPM. I was so surprised since I am from Germany. Hope I can perform convincingly because I am not a native speaker.

May I know if you are applying for the IBD and Risk Spring programme?
Original post by Roadrage27
Going to do the Barclays numerical after the holiday season ends and I have some peace and quiet in my house lol, how did you find the situational judgement test? is it like the RBS one?

It's different to RBS - the context is video based and the options are random (I.e. not defined in appropriateness) - you choose the best and worst from the options available

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chicken cottage invite.
Just out of curiosity how many people have got Citi Quest offers?
Original post by Hazard10i
I'm having the same issue, it's pissing me off lol. Seems like a glitch, fingers crossed its not..

I'm having this problem too, but a friend of mine received a e-mail last week. Do you think Barclays will send an email after christmas break?
Has anyone heard from RBC or BNP yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What sort of score do the banks look for on an SHL test? I'm having difficulty with some of them.. Is there a technique to doing them within the 90 seconds you have to answer a question?

Latest

Trending

Trending