The Student Room Group

Will a girl turn you down if you ask her out but she knows a close friend fancies you

So like is it generally seen as not ok even if you haven't dated her close friend but you suspect/she knows that she fancies you. Is it kind if seen like a betrayal or something even if you've never asked her friend out or dated?
Reply 1
I would :colonhash:
I imagine that depends on how close the friends are...
Reply 3
Original post by TorpidPhil
I imagine that depends on how close the friends are...

Yeah but you could also want no drama
Original post by iama
Yeah but you could also want no drama

I'm sure some people love the drama... and the D.

But seriously I guess personality of the person you are asking + how close they are to that other friend + the extent to which that friend actually "fancies" you give you a good holistic answer to this question.
Reply 5
Original post by iama
I would :colonhash:

You mean you would turn me down as a result of close friendship with another girl. Would it most likely ruin that friendship if you went out with me in spite of her?
I think it depends on the type of girl

you have some girls that will turn you down, because of loyalty to their friends and the way they feel about you
but you also have those type of girls that won't care about their friends' feelings and go out with you anyways
I'm a guy and if one of my friends liked a girl and that girl asked me out I would say no and most my friends would do the same, why would it be different for girls?
Reply 8
Original post by Buxtonwater
I'm a guy and if one of my friends liked a girl and that girl asked me out I would say no and most my friends would do the same, why would it be different for girls?

What if the friend who fancied you was going out with someone else anyway at the time but still fancied you while they were going our with other person, would that make any difference?
Original post by Anonymous
What if the friend who fancied you was going out with someone else anyway at the time but still fancied you while they were going our with other person, would that make any difference?

I think that does make it different yeah, but she may still say no
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
You mean you would turn me down as a result of close friendship with another girl. Would it most likely ruin that friendship if you went out with me in spite of her?

Not really, I would turn you down even if that friend was only half close to me :-? But I did that when I was a bit younger, tbf idk if I would do it again in the same conditions. So maybe now I would accept (maybe talk to the friend first, etc etc). Oh, and if the friend already has a bf I would accept for sure, ain't nobody got time for that lol
Tbh if the friend has been liking you for a while she should have made a move by now so I don't see the harm in going out with you if I find u attractive.
Depends how much I liked you and how close my friend and I were. If I had a casual crush on you I'd turn you down for my friend, if I was in love with you or something I wouldnt.
Well it depends on the person... not all girls are the same hahaha... I would just ask her and accept whatever her choice is :smile:
It is sort of inviting jealousy from that person, and jealousy in a friendship is never a good thing.

This is random but Joe Weller fan? :')
Reply 16
I'm a victim of this.. Asked a girl out, she kept changing her mind. It went from yes to maybe to no. She randomly hinted that her best mate liked me completely out of context....

Then she stormed off in anger.

Wut.
Original post by Juday
This is random but Joe Weller fan? :')

#SmashedOnBuxton

Buxton was always my water of choice, then I found Joe Weller and it became bae
(edited 9 years ago)
#SmashedOnBuxton

Buxton was always my water of choice, then I found Joe Weller and it became bae

Joe Weller is mega legitimate bae :wink:

Quick Reply