The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh guys btw what do you think I should do for my fifth AS? I have already decided on maths, biology and chemistry, and general studies is conpulsary right up to a2 ( :frown: ) and its between either RS or Geography. I will probably drop it so leaning more to geography as It comes more naturally so hopefully will do better but In RS you have the ethics side which links to medicine but nothing really in geography does? What do you think?
Original post by Izzyyyyy
Oh guys btw what do you think I should do for my fifth AS? I have already decided on maths, biology and chemistry, and general studies is conpulsary right up to a2 ( :frown: ) and its between either RS or Geography. I will probably drop it so leaning more to geography as It comes more naturally so hopefully will do better but In RS you have the ethics side which links to medicine but nothing really in geography does? What do you think?

You really don't need to do five. Oh, wait, sorry, I didn't see General Studies. Eew. I'd say Geography if you prefer it. Plus, it's more respected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Steliata
Is anyone on here looking to do arts or humanities? Or are you all sciency people lol

Meee! I'll be applying for English Lit. or Creative writing when I go to uni, though there is also a possibility that I take up Biology/Pshycology/Behavioural sciences if it can be done (yeah, this shows just how indecisive I am), chances of me taking a pass on English literature are almost none though.:tongue:
Original post by usycool1
That's bloody awesome - congrats! :awesome: Meh, just do what you enjoy, as cheesy as it sounds. :tongue:

Thanks :awesome: I'm surprised schools don't say to do what you enjoy more often, they say do employable things but really there's need for everything. And then they scratch their heads when everyone is moaning and getting stressed... :facepalm:

Original post by thesarcasticone
Meee! I'll be applying for English Lit. or Creative writing when I go to uni, though there is also a possibility that I take up Biology/Pshycology/Behavioural sciences if it can be done (yeah, this shows just how indecisive I am), chances of me taking a pass on English literature are almost none though.:tongue:

Huzzah! High five! (there needs to be a high five emoticon)

It just so happens that my boyfriend's sister does psychology at Bangor and his mum's doing a degree in Childhood and Youth Studies with the OU (I think - not sure entirely). She's a teacher and is interested in child psychology, especially things to do with learning disabilities like autism which affects their family quite a lot. So lots of psychology over here lol. I don't know what I'm going to do but I'm taking it one step at a time and choosing stuff I enjoy :ahee:
Reply 3084
Original post by Edminzodo
If you like them both equally then you should take both. Have you considered a science? It sounds like Biology would suit you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

noo waay i understand there is some science involved in psycholology but me and science arent friends... although biology is my strongest out of the 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks :awesome: I'm surprised schools don't say to do what you enjoy more often, they say do employable things but really there's need for everything. And then they scratch their heads when everyone is moaning and getting stressed... :facepalm:

It just so happens that my boyfriend's sister does psychology at Bangor and his mum's doing a degree in Childhood and Youth Studies with the OU (I think - not sure entirely). She's a teacher and is interested in child psychology, especially things to do with learning disabilities like autism which affects their family quite a lot. So lots of psychology over here lol. I don't know what I'm going to do but I'm taking it one step at a time and choosing stuff I enjoy :ahee:

[INDENT]Yes, there should be a high five emoticon!
Haha, I too, am into lots of Psychology stuff and I like it but I've always been interested in English Lit./Creative Writing.The advisors in our school are always on about how ''you'll do great if you choose Medicine/Psycology/ Neuroscience!'', that's okay and all, I'm good at it but that doesn't mean can force me into not taking what I'm interested in >_>

Indeed, I hope you choose whatever you love doing! They say it's quite a burden when you're doing something and not passionate about it
[color="#B7B8B8"] 0

There is a high five emoticon . . . :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of you don't want to do general studies, you could talk to your head of year maybe about it later on

But I guess it's free ucas points 😂 not that any universities for medicine like it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really? I have never known anyone personally who has done it as I just found it online one day so completly on my own on this one ☺️

She said it was really good, she went to India for two weeks but they stopped doing placements in India 😢

Would you do volunteering while there too? Which location would you want to go to?

Btw I think they change their locations every so often from the looks of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is a high five emoticon . . . :five:

So there is. Didn't realise it was a high five :facepalm:
Original post by thesarcasticone
Yes, there should be a high five emoticon!
Haha, I too, am into lots of Psychology stuff and I like it but I've always been interested in English Lit./Creative Writing.The advisors in our school are always on about how ''you'll do great if you choose Medicine/Psycology/ Neuroscience!'', that's okay and all, I'm good at it but that doesn't mean can force me into not taking what I'm interested in >_>

Indeed, I hope you choose whatever you love doing! They say it's quite a burden when you're doing something and not passionate about it

I like the look of Psychology and stuff too but it's not what I want to do. To be honest I like the look of most things lol

Creative writing is pretty good too. You can make it whatever you want it to be :smile: And yeah, we're choosing options in January - everyone else is stressing about what unis will like but I'm just doing what I enjoy :cool:
You really don't need to do five. Oh, wait, sorry, I didn't see General Studies. Eew. I'd say Geography if you prefer it. Plus, it's more respected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright, thanks :wink: teachers still seem to think that general studies "is accepted by unis" not all haha
Original post by Jitesh
She said it was really good, she went to India for two weeks but they stopped doing placements in India 😢

Would you do volunteering while there too? Which location would you want to go to?

Btw I think they change their locations every so often from the looks of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure, I think the locations ATM are Croatia, Poland, Thailand and somewhere else. Croatia is 18+, so idk tbh
I'm not sure, I think the locations ATM are Croatia, Poland, Thailand and somewhere else. Croatia is 18+, so idk tbh

How much work experience have you done so far?

This summer I really need to arrange more - my dentist said I could come in on Tuesdays (later finishes) so hopefully I'll give him an email/phone call and see what happens - they're all really nice so hopefully it'll be fine if I could do it for awhile :smile:

I guess medicine could be a bit harder to arrange work experience? Not too sure with GPs etc
Is anyone on here looking to do arts or humanities? Or are you all sciency people lol

Me! I can't stand Maths and Science :colondollar: What A Levels are you planning on doing? I'm definitely going to do English Lit, Psychology and Sociology; however I'm trying to decide between R.S, Spanish, Politics and History for my fourth one and I really don't know which one to choose!
Original post by ha27
hmmm i was thinking that but i know they do overlap wuite a bit and it would be a loooott of writing... but its always an option!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to do both Psychology and Sociology :smile: Some people are telling me that it's a good idea and some people are telling me it's a bad idea :confused:
xx

Just as an FYI, blog advertising is against TSR rules :fyi:
Original post by Nirgilis
Just as an FYI, blog advertising is against TSR rules :fyi:

Advertising your blog is not allowed?

I never knew this - so for example I'm not allowed to link to a post in my blog to start a thread just like some put in links to news articles?
Hi guys

who's staying at their schools sixth form? Who's moving to college next year?

Thanks
Original post by UltimateLad1
Hi guys

who's staying at their schools sixth form? Who's moving to college next year?

Thanks

I'm still not sure but most likely, I might just stay in my school's sixth form. Cause the only reason why I chose one of my choices forces me to take all BTECs and my other choice is a bit too far.

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest