The Student Room Group

What did you get for Christmas?

Scroll to see replies

I bought a lot of expensive stuff from Selfridges and Harrods before Christmas so on Christmas day I didn't get much material stuff. I got movies, some Lana Del Rey stuff (awesome), clothes, aftershaves and the usual stuff like chocolate.

I got £500 collectively though so I'm happy aha.
Nothing tangible but the presence of my family <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by mojojojo101
A book called 'Introduction to Civil War' from my brother and about £150 from my parents/nan.

What Civil War?
I got a hammock, it's going to be great (and goes well with the tarpaulin I got for my birthday last month!), my dad wood turned me a really beautiful pen, my sister got me some sheet music I've been wanting and a magnesium fire starter. I also got a slightly too posh for me CK toiletry set which is very nice but just not my thing, I'm sure I'll use it at some point but I'm not sure what point that will be! Aside from that the normal chocolates and nibbles :smile:
Some things I was really pleased with, but I'm not a very materialistic person. I prefer things that can't be bought ... except maybe chocolate :mmm:
Original post by hothedgehog
I got a hammock, it's going to be great (and goes well with the tarpaulin I got for my birthday last month!), my dad wood turned me a really beautiful pen, my sister got me some sheet music I've been wanting and a magnesium fire starter. I also got a slightly too posh for me CK toiletry set which is very nice but just not my thing, I'm sure I'll use it at some point but I'm not sure what point that will be! Aside from that the normal chocolates and nibbles :smile:

Quite a diverse range of presents there :cool:

What instrument do you play? What sheet music was it?
I got some great stuff:
Chocolate (who doesn't love that?)
A remote controlled helicopter that can take still photos and video.
The sims 3 pets (I love the sims 3)
MO Farah's Auto biography
John Cleese's Auto biography
Brooklyn nine-nine series one (one of the best sitcoms to come out of the us recently)
Jack Whitehall gets around
A book which is a private joke i won't tell you because you won't get it
Batteries
An sd card for the Helicopter
A Mug that changes the design with heat
and some money
All in all everything I wanted.
Reply 47
From my mum and her BF I got a fruit bowl and a book/cd rom kit on driving theory, which are nice and what I wanted. Also some gloves, lip balm and shower gel.

they also got my boyfriend a small tool kit and some gloves.

I am grateful for nice presents, but I'm a bit surprised my mum didn't give me any money. I know that sounds really bad but.... She normally does? She kept asking me what else I wanted, and I was saying about getting my provisional driving licence and driving lessons so I thought she'd give me something towards that but....??
I was worried that we hadn't spent enough on them this year as we are poorer than usual, but we probably spent the same on them as they did on us, and my older brother seemed to get more spent on him even though he only spent like £20.

I know you don't give to receive etc but... They have a lot more cash than we do!!!
VS lingerie and sprays...
I got a custom built gaming PC that I hand chose each component that went into it for 1270£.
Original post by Frannoooooooo
Quite a diverse range of presents there :cool:

What instrument do you play? What sheet music was it?

I think they generally represent the things I like doing which are playing music and being outdoors/Scouting. :smile: I play clarinet, sax, piano and sing but the music was a set of clarinet duets by Crusell which are jolly.
Reply 51
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
I got a lynx for her set so it's still a thing.

Pretty anoying if you get like 5.
Reply 52
I had nothing for christmas because im a disgrace to my family.

In fact last christmas present i had was in 2011
Reply 53
A happy slap :frown:.

Nope I got a gorgeous handbag with my name on it, nail vanish from my god daughter, earrings and a necklace, a pressie I havent yet opened as I havent yet been given it and the female lynx by a adorable little baby well his mom.
Original post by hothedgehog
I think they generally represent the things I like doing which are playing music and being outdoors/Scouting. :smile: I play clarinet, sax, piano and sing but the music was a set of clarinet duets by Crusell which are jolly.

Same with mine :tongue: and woah talented :biggrin:
I got some character socks (marvel superheroes), a few tops and some aftershave. My dad is gonna get me something extra but its in the mail or w/e.
I just feel jelly when i see the 4 year old get more presents then most of my agegroup put together...
Reply 56
Original post by jonathanemptage
I got some great stuff:
Chocolate (who doesn't love that?)
A remote controlled helicopter that can take still photos and video.
The sims 3 pets (I love the sims 3)
MO Farah's Auto biography
John Cleese's Auto biography
Brooklyn nine-nine series one (one of the best sitcoms to come out of the us recently)
Jack Whitehall gets around
A book which is a private joke i won't tell you because you won't get it
Batteries
An sd card for the Helicopter
A Mug that changes the design with heat
and some money
All in all everything I wanted.

The helicopter sounds very cool.
Didn't get much this year, as the family got a new car not long before Christmas so couldn't spend too much.

I got a new pair of wellies for an early Christmas present. Nice pair of Aigle wellies that cost well over £100, but ended up just below £100 because of staff discount (my brother works in the shop). I also got a very nice new shirt, along with your typical stuff like underwear, deodrant, chocolate, etc.
Reply 58
Original post by O.Ozz
I had nothing for christmas because im a disgrace to my family.

In fact last christmas present i had was in 2011
What did you do?
:surprise:
Reply 59
Original post by namename
What did you do?
:surprise:

Between 2012-2014, i got kicked out of two colleges because i have depression and also because im described as a loser to my own family and that the fact that i am cynical to them as well

Quick Reply

Latest