The Student Room Group

Do guys like girls with baby faces?

I'm 17 and look younger than all the girls my age. Someone thought that facially I look 12. My family always say I have a baby face. Also, my parents said that guys may not approach me as I look young and have the face of a child.

Do guys care if a girl has a young face/child like features- which is largish eyes, full lips, roundish nose (not pointy), small chin and a general innocent look which people always say I have.

Even my teacher said when looking at year 7 pictures that my face looks the same!!!

Anyway, even though my face is young, my body is developed but not ulta-feminine/curvy. I've got 32b boobs (not flat but I have boobs definitely), my bum is not big but not flat. Also I clearly have hips but they are not wide. I'm also 5ft8 so its just my face that is childish. I'm also 55.5kg so yeah I'm slim.

I can see the positives as my mum is 46 and looks about 20 and does not even have a baby face so hopefully I will age the same.

Anyway? I'm wondering if guys like this as most guys like the mature girls that wear loads of makeup. I feel like if a guy is with me I will look to young and make him look like a pedo. Any girls with this problem?

Ps. I dont' wear alot of makeup as I just look silly (like a 10 year old in mums makeup), I just wear eyeshadow, lipgloss, mascara and make sure my brows look good.

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I do looks quite cute and of course you'll love it when you're 46

Can't believe your mum looks 20 wow pic pls
Don't mind it tbh, but yeah as long as they don't look too young aha :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by bittr n swt
Yeah I do looks quite cute and of course you'll love it when you're 46

Can't believe your mum looks 20 wow pic pls

Yeah lol I hate how baby faced girls can only be cute... never 'sexy' or whatever...

I would but nah not on here! :P loads of people say she looks young and she does!
Original post by Multitalented me

^ This
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah lol I hate how baby faced girls can only be cute... never 'sexy' or whatever...

I would but nah not on here! :P loads of people say she looks young and she does!

Yeah sorry not sexy...oh well!

PM me her pic im so curious now! Pleaseeeeeeee
Reply 6
Original post by Multitalented me

haha not too young, I look 12 not 5 lol
Reply 7
Original post by bittr n swt
Yeah sorry not sexy...oh well!

PM me her pic im so curious now! Pleaseeeeeeee

nah she wouldnt want that
nah she wouldnt want that

Don't do it.

Back to the thread, of course guys like girls with 'cute' faces or there'd be no girls like that in relationships. The only issue really is being approached as they'd feel like they're approaching a young teenager. Once you've established your age, there should be no problems in terms of progressing further if they like you as a person.
Reply 9
I'm 17 and look younger than all the girls my age. Someone thought that facially I look 12. My family always say I have a baby face. Also, my parents said that guys may not approach me as I look young and have the face of a child.

Do guys care if a girl has a young face/child like features- which is largish eyes, full lips, roundish nose (not pointy), small chin and a general innocent look which people always say I have.

Even my teacher said when looking at year 7 pictures that my face looks the same!!!

Anyway, even though my face is young, my body is developed but not ulta-feminine/curvy. I've got 32b boobs (not flat but I have boobs definitely), my bum is not big but not flat. Also I clearly have hips but they are not wide. I'm also 5ft8 so its just my face that is childish. I'm also 55.5kg so yeah I'm slim.

I can see the positives as my mum is 46 and looks about 20 and does not even have a baby face so hopefully I will age the same.

Anyway? I'm wondering if guys like this as most guys like the mature girls that wear loads of makeup. I feel like if a guy is with me I will look to young and make him look like a pedo. Any girls with this problem?

Ps. I dont' wear alot of makeup as I just look silly (like a 10 year old in mums makeup), I just wear eyeshadow, lipgloss, mascara and make sure my brows look good.

see everyone thinks im between 13-16, mostly people say 15 but yeah. im 19, almost 20 next year :/ but then again Im 4'11 and about 45kg. but its probably just cuz of the face as I know people that are short with really mature faces. I think its a good thing!! :biggrin: apart from the fact that older guys thinks your a kid and younger guys being into you :/
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Don't do it.

Back to the thread, of course guys like girls with 'cute' faces or there'd be no girls like that in relationships. The only issue really is being approached as they'd feel like they're approaching a young teenager. Once you've established your age, there should be no problems in terms of progressing further if they like you as a person.

Thanks! :smile: I'm thankful I'm tall though haha it makes me look abit older
no thanks, dont like going out with people who look like kids. especially with project yew tree around, people might start making assumptions
Yeah, I like girls with baby faces. Jawlines and so forth are for men. Only reason girls want to have a harsh angular face is because models have them, but models aren't attractive: they're supposed to look striking, not sexy.

Just my opinion, of course.

They certainly can be "sexy" if they act sexy. "Sexy", as compared to "cute", connotes being sexually aggressive and independent; an "angular" look will help give people that perception of you, but it's not the whole story by any means. You can make up the ground through your actions, the quality of your flirting, and even your make-up.

After all, there's nothing better than a girl who looks innocent on the outside but totally isn't on the inside :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by scrotgrot
Yeah, I like girls with baby faces. Jawlines and so forth are for men. Only reason girls want to have a harsh angular face is because models have them, but models aren't attractive: they're supposed to look striking, not sexy.

Just my opinion, of course.

They certainly can be "sexy" if they act sexy. "Sexy", as compared to "cute", connotes being sexually aggressive and independent; an "angular" look will help give people that perception of you, but it's not the whole story by any means. You can make up the ground through your actions, the quality of your flirting, and even your make-up.

After all, there's nothing better than a girl who looks innocent on the outside but totally isn't on the inside :smile:

Yeah I guess so. But not all models have angular faces, Gemma Ward (one of the most famous models) has a baby face :smile:
Yeah my girlfriend has a kinda baby face and she's well fit. Luckily she's got big tits so I never feel noncey. I also look young, so it looks ok. We're 23, but people often think we're teenagers.
Yeah I guess so. But not all models have angular faces, Gemma Ward (one of the most famous models) has a baby face :smile:

Heh, I can't pretend to be an expert. Certainly our culture has this idea that tall women with angular faces are top of the pecking order. I don't get the impression this was the case in say the 1950s before the current age of prosperity, promiscuity and fashion/glamour media.

To me, it looks like an appropriation of masculine features as a symbol of sexual independence, you can compare the flappers who achieved it with their short hair and clothes which flattened their boobs. Today it's the opposite of that, to be "hot", facial features are more masculine but the body is where the femininity is displayed through skimpy outfits etc.

Half-cocked conjecture, I'm sure, but I think there might be something in it. The point is all this stuff is meant to display your position in the female pecking order, which most actual men couldn't give a stuff about. Though we might prefer the supermodel types when sleeping around, because similarly sleeping around is just a tool for young people to establish social hierarchies.
Ah, yes i could find it attractive although i can't exactly generalise it since its a case per case scenario.
Original post by scrotgrot
Heh, I can't pretend to be an expert. Certainly our culture has this idea that tall women with angular faces are top of the pecking order. I don't get the impression this was the case in say the 1950s before the current age of prosperity, promiscuity and fashion/glamour media.

To me, it looks like an appropriation of masculine features as a symbol of sexual independence, you can compare the flappers who achieved it with their short hair and clothes which flattened their boobs. Today it's the opposite of that, to be "hot", facial features are more masculine but the body is where the femininity is displayed through skimpy outfits etc.

Half-cocked conjecture, I'm sure, but I think there might be something in it. The point is all this stuff is meant to display your position in the female pecking order, which most actual men couldn't give a stuff about. Though we might prefer the supermodel types when sleeping around, because similarly sleeping around is just a tool for young people to establish social hierarchies.

Only really in modelling, if you ask most guys who the most attractive girls are, they won't say fashion models. They are meant to make clothes look good, not necessarily look like the hottest women around.
Reply 18
I have quite a baby face and have been told I look younger but no I've never had a problem with attracting the opposite sex
Reply 19

No I could never date a girl with a face of few months old baby for example. Something would just not seem right. The proportions and contrast would be baffling to the eye.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending