The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by davidmizrahi
Has anyone heard from RBC or BNP yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

RBC Rej. I don't think BNP have started their screening process, as of yet.

Original post by studentgirl22
What sort of score do the banks look for on an SHL test? I'm having difficulty with some of them.. Is there a technique to doing them within the 90 seconds you have to answer a question?

They don't release it but usually there's just a benchmark you have to pass. I would assume around the 70-80% mark for SW (might be less). Just constant practice.. also look for things which you can cut out of calculations for efficiency purposes. If you are asked to find a ratio of two things which are quoted in millions, don't put the 000,000's and just input the initial numbers directly.
Original post by Anonynous
RBC Rej. I don't think BNP have started their screening process, as of yet.

They don't release it but usually there's just a benchmark you have to pass. I would assume around the 70-80% mark for SW (might be less). Just constant practice.. also look for things which you can cut out of calculations for efficiency purposes. If you are asked to find a ratio of two things which are quoted in millions, don't put the 000,000's and just input the initial numbers directly.

when did you apply to RBC and when did you receive the rejection mail?
Original post by ProjectNr2
when did you apply to RBC and when did you receive the rejection mail?

October & maybe after 2-3 weeks.
October & maybe after 2-3 weeks.

ah okay, feel sorry for you... i applied around 15 dec, so probably still a lot to wait.
Do they pay for the travel costs?
Original post by Hody421
Do they pay for the travel costs?

Whom?

Most banks will provide accomodation, if needs be.
Original post by davidmizrahi
Has anyone heard from RBC or BNP yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, yeah still waiting from rbc having done their numerical 2 weeks ago 😥

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DavidMonk
Hi, yeah still waiting from rbc having done their numerical 2 weeks ago ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im in the same boat:s-smilie:
Is it worth applying to Rothschild with their deadline so close? Does anyone know if they have started sending out interviews or offers? Thanks :smile:
Has anyone here with a SW offer contacted the recruitment of other banks in order to leverage your other applications? If so, what exactly do you write?

"Just wanted to let you know I have an offer at XX bank XX dates"?

Wondering wether I can gain anything by doing so or not.
Original post by limpan142
Has anyone here with a SW offer contacted the recruitment of other banks in order to leverage your other applications? If so, what exactly do you write?

I just tell them if and when I get called to interviews. I did tell HSBC HR however. I wouldn't put in the dates, if you are going to send it through emails unless prompted.
Original post by limpan142

I know some guy who got 10+ Spring internships doing that. He got 2 or 3 through graft and then once the other banks (even those who had rejected homework) started realising how popular he was, it snowballed and he ended up with a lot of offers. Every time he got one he would list the offers on a fresh CV as
'offer accepted as positions listed’.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
I know some guy who got 10+ Spring internships doing that. He got 2 or 3 through graft and then once the other banks (even those who had rejected homework) started realising how popular he was, it snowballed and he ended up with a lot of offers. Every time he got one he would list the offers on a fresh CV as
'offer accepted as positions listed’.

If that's the same article that I've read then they weren't spring weeks, just insight days for most of them. Although it could be someone different.
so reading this thread with regards to BNP paribas, it seems people have yet to hear from them? I have 2 questions :

1) is it still worth applying to BNP paribas? :frown:
2)do they require numerical test/or any other test?

Monk.
Original post by MathsNerd1
If that's the same article that I've read then they weren't spring weeks, just insight days for most of them. Although it could be someone different.

Saw the same thing. Yeah most were insight days but they are pretty decent gigs for a 1st years.
Original post by DavidMonk
so reading this thread with regards to BNP paribas, it seems people have yet to hear from them? I have 2 questions :

1) is it still worth applying to BNP paribas? :frown:
2)do they require numerical test/or any other test?

Monk.

1) Yes
2) No
1) Yes
2) No

is bnp direct interview or what?
Saw the same thing. Yeah most were insight days but they are pretty decent gigs for a 1st years.

That's very true, I doubt the competition would be as high for insight days and considering he went to LSE he had a good chance of getting them anyway.
Original post by MathsNerd1
That's very true, I doubt the competition would be as high for insight days and considering he went to LSE he had a good chance of getting them anyway.

They are definitely a handful of people who 7/8 SW offers..
Original post by liarpoker
They are definitely a handful of people who 7/8 SW offers..

I'm not questioning that, all I'm saying is that for someone going to LSE I imagine it'd be much easier to get insight days than others at different universities, that's all.

Latest

Trending

Trending