The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DancinBallerina
Under 5ft 10, the man is short IMO! I'm 5ft 9, & it is most awkward when you've got a short man trying to hit on you, & I know you shouldn't judge on height but it's hard not to if it is potentially going to go anywhere. I personally don't date short men because it's weird & I like wearing heels, making me a lot taller than him! Also there are a select few men who like to lie on dating websites, declare they are 5ft 10/11, you meet them, they're 5ft 6!! I don't go on a 2nd date after that purely because he lied....nobody likes liars! Red flag in my book!!

You're 5'9" and wear heels. These guys aren't short, you're abnormally tall.
Nothing wrong with using dating apps and websites.

Though you'll often find that there's a reason why people have resorted to using them.
Original post by MJ1012

....& you're abnormally short!!

You are definitely a few wires short of a circuit.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
You are definitely a few wires short of a circuit.

Back at you!

Find it most rude when people fire unnecessary remarks for expressing my own opinion. Be rude to me, I'm rude back to you. Simple.
(edited 9 years ago)
Back at you!

Find it most rude when people fire unnecessary remarks for expressing my own opinion. Be rude to me, I'm rude back to you. Simple.

You need a thicker skin if you think that's rude ;D
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 26

But it's really not an opinion, the average height of adult males is 5ft 10in. In fact the ONS suggest the average is slightly smaller than this at 5ft 9in with women being on average at 5ft 3in. A guy or woman who is "short" should be at least 1 or 2 standard deviations from the mean.

So the guy who called you abnormally tall (you being at 5ft 9in) gave a pretty accurate statement, statistically speaking. But it wouldn't be an accurate opinion to say that a guy who is shorter than 5ft 10in is necessarily short (only short relative to you)

And here is my opinion. Of all the criteria you could shun a man for, height would hardly be at the top of my list. It seems unnecessary and unjustified to me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Menrva
But it's really not an opinion, the average height of adult males is 5ft 10in. In fact the ONS suggest the average is slightly smaller than this at 5ft 9in with women being on average at 5ft 3in. A guy or woman who is "short" should be at least 1 or 2 standard deviations from the mean.

So the guy who called you abnormally tall (you being at 5ft 9in) gave a pretty accurate statement, statistically speaking. But it wouldn't be an accurate opinion to say that a guy who is shorter than 5ft 10in is necessarily short (only short relative to you)

And here is my opinion. Of all the criteria you could shun a man for, height would hardly be at the top of my list. It seems unnecessary and unjustified to me.

It's definitely an opinion, just a vain, unjustified one. lol
Reply 28
A tall girl with a short guy looks weird. Like the Krankies in reverse. Stick to your guns OP, no shorties.
for goodness sake, stop being picky......go out and enjoy (with precautions)...........UNI is not for ever and after that you have the real life:

WOK....SLEEP.... WORK ....HAVE BABIES..........NOT MUCH PLEASUE TIME.............DEATH !!
Reply 30
If you do go on a dating site just put "no shorties or time wasters". That will filter out the dross and get you the 6ft plus He Men every girl deserves.
Original post by Anon2345xx
Hi I'm 20 and am in my first year at uni. I've never had a boyfriend and am quite shy and really want a boyfriend but the only guys that approach me are shorter than me and not really my type. Do you think its worth me signing up to a dating app like antidate or tinder? (even though ive never been on a date!) or should i just wait til the right guy comes along? thanks :smile:

At keast
least people approach to you..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32

I'm 6'1"...
Just logical.
Reply 33
I wouldn't suggest tinder if you're looking for a relationship, it's mostly just boys looking for a bit of 'fun'. But any other sort of dating website, go for it
Original post by Menrva

Stick by my guns...if the bloke is shorter than me (without heels), I'm not interested! Have always had the thought & I stick by it. A tall woman dating a short man is just weird IMO. Only ever dared 4 men who are tall, & that's how I like it. Have had short men attempt to date but I'm not interested, bit of a turn off for me. I perhaps shouldn't judge on height alone, but if the man ain't tall, it's a no from me! Simple.
Original post by MJ1012
I'm 6'1"...
Just logical.

Congratulations
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
It's definitely an opinion, just a vain, unjustified one. lol

No, it's preference! If I'm not interested in dating a short man, I'm not interested. Simple as that. *facepalm* lol
Id date ya tehehe, provided you're a nice person. Im 6'1 and 18 provided your not one of those people who worry about age gaps and all that mallarky.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MJ1012

lol... tall girls can wear heals. I'm 5ft8 and I wear 3 inch heals... don't give a crap. Long legs look amazing.
Reply 39
Original post by shawn_o1
I would not recommend dating sites.
-As some have said, most men on dating sites only want sex
-Easy to fall for a scam (even on free dating sites)
-It brings out the worst in people. It makes you more demanding and less accepting, therefore less attractive.
If you want a partner just get into more and more social situations and hope for the best. I'm honestly speaking from experience here because I've been a scam victim myself.

I really agree with this advice! In terms of social situations join a few societies that you're actually into in terms of your own interests, that way if you find someone there you'll also have something in common, ground to talk on etc! Also guys are a lot easier to read than you think ; simply search on Google 'male signs of attraction' and look for the signs in a guy of interest- that way you won't waste time on a guy that's not interested back :wink:

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending