The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm in my first year of uni. 19, 5'7, never had a relationship, still a virgin, etc. I don't bother/given up with relationships anymore due to the fact that my height, in combination with the rest of me means I'm unattractive to 100% of the female population. Count yourself lucky you can find someone, I'm focusing on my career as getting a girlfriend has a 100% probability of failure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Wow some striking percentages there but ok it is completely up to you :smile: although I would like to make it clear that this thread is for those who basically have opposing opinions to yourself right now regarding dating etc, apologies :/ but good luck with your career etc :smile: it's great to be focused!
Original post by JemC
Wow some striking percentages there but ok it is completely up to you :smile: although I would like to make it clear that this thread is for those who basically have opposing opinions to yourself right now regarding dating etc, apologies :/ but good luck with your career etc :smile: it's great to be focused!

Striking because I'm basing it off subjective reasoning, but the point still remains. Apologies for derailing the thread, the premise was to imply that height does matter in men as to what was discussed above. Being focused on my career takes my mind off being completely unattractive (the motto 'born in isolation, die in isolation' applies here) - I don't complain about the truth, I just get on with my life. Still, could be worse.
Apologies again for derailing the thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Ah right ok, I'm getting your drift now!

I agree totally on your addressing of 'subjective resoning' as it is subjective hence will change in the 'eye of the beholder' is where this saying applies. I'm sure plenty of girls would find you attractive and not all are as shallow as you seem to presume them to be, heck based on this chat right here I can already see that you can hold an interesting conversation which many women would appreciate, seriously.

And again I totally admire your focus on career (btw what may that be since we're on the subject) but who's to say you won't find someone along the way as much as it is cliche to say 'there's someone for everyone.' :wink:
Original post by DancinBallerina
No, it's preference! If I'm not interested in dating a short man, I'm not interested. Simple as that. *facepalm* lol

All tomatoes are fruits but not all fruits are tomatoes. The preference is still an opinion!

"a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge."

Un-palm your face, I say! Un-palm it!
Reply 45
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
All tomatoes are fruits but not all fruits are tomatoes. The preference is still an opinion!

"a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge."

Very nice.
Original post by JemC
Very nice.

I'd like a medal, pls.
Reply 47
Lol ok, here's a virtual one :wink:
Original post by JemC
Ah right ok, I'm getting your drift now!

I agree totally on your addressing of 'subjective resoning' as it is subjective hence will change in the 'eye of the beholder' is where this saying applies. I'm sure plenty of girls would find you attractive and not all are as shallow as you seem to presume them to be, heck based on this chat right here I can already see that you can hold an interesting conversation which many women would appreciate, seriously.

And again I totally admire your focus on career (btw what may that be since we're on the subject) but who's to say you won't find someone along the way as much as it is cliche to say 'there's someone for everyone.' :wink:

My cynicism is based off what girls have said directly to my face/overheard in conversation over the past few years - so that reinforces my perceptions, and current exam revision for a select NHS course (name would give me away, and the exam isn't a conventional one, so revision gets extremely tedious), and on the subject of career, my end goal is to become an A&E medic, so the job takes over the time for relationships, etc.
I know that shallowness is a part of human nature, but varies from person to person, I know in reality that not everyone is deeply shallow, but in the context of me, in my eyes it's not the case (where my cynicism is derived from. To side track, a lot of my friends are female , but I always remain in the friendzone - not bitter about anything mentioned, just voicing an observation). I'm generalising for one specific case where the prognosis is bleak, not for reality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cakeisaspy
I'm in my first year of uni. 19, 5'7, never had a relationship, still a virgin, etc. I don't bother/given up with relationships anymore due to the fact that my height, in combination with the rest of me means I'm unattractive to 100% of the female population. Count yourself lucky you can find someone, I'm focusing on my career as getting a girlfriend has a 100% probability of failure.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I dunno what you mean about the "in combination with the rest of me" bit, but I've got four friends shorter than you or your height, and they've all had relationships. One dated my fit friend who is five ten, one has been going out with a quite fit girl for years (he is ripped though), another one has a really long term girlfriend (she's four ten so he actually looks fairly tall next to her...) and the other's had a fit girlfriend for about six months now. Yes, small height is a disadvantage, maybe half of girls have a pretty strong preference for taller guys, but that leaves the other half who won't care. You're still taller than most girls.
Original post by Mankytoes
I dunno what you mean about the "in combination with the rest of me" bit, but I've got four friends shorter than you or your height, and they've all had relationships. One dated my fit friend who is five ten, one has been going out with a quite fit girl for years (he is ripped though), another one has a really long term girlfriend (she's four ten so he actually looks fairly tall next to her...) and the other's had a fit girlfriend for about six months now. Yes, small height is a disadvantage, maybe half of girls have a pretty strong preference for taller guys, but that leaves the other half who won't care. You're still taller than most girls.

Sorry, I left that open for interpretation. I meant I'm not facially attractive/physically attractive (disproportionate body-large-ish head, short arms/legs). My previous post may clarify some notions, essentially when a large amount of people over a large period of time repeatedly tell you you're f**k ugly (and the like, as well as height related insults - still evident after moving to the opposite end of the country for uni) ergo it leads to a self-fullfilling prophecy and the notion that you're completely unattractive and ergo worthless in the eyes of relationships, and to contemplate the question - 'why bother?'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xoflower
lol... tall girls can wear heals. I'm 5ft8 and I wear 3 inch heals... don't give a crap. Long legs look amazing.

High 5!

Long legs FTW :-)

Ha, a nobody telling me what to do....do 1! I've got my opinion, you've got yours, end of!

/end
Ha, a nobody telling me what to do....do 1! I've got my opinion, you've got yours, end of!

/end

I don't care, you can **** 8ft old men with saggy tits for all I care.
I don't care, you can **** 8ft old men with saggy tits for all I care.

No, nor do I. And nah, 8ft BFG with saggy boobs isn't quite to my liking though.

Enjoy the rest of your Christmas/New Year :-)
Original post by Anon2345xx
Hi I'm 20 and am in my first year at uni. I've never had a boyfriend and am quite shy and really want a boyfriend but the only guys that approach me are shorter than me and not really my type. Do you think its worth me signing up to a dating app like antidate or tinder? (even though ive never been on a date!) or should i just wait til the right guy comes along? thanks :smile:

So let me get this right. You could find someone whom is perfect for you emotionally and you're going to reject them right off the bat because they are average height for a guy?

Seems a bit shallow to me.
Original post by Sam Walters
So let me get this right. You could find someone whom is perfect for you emotionally and you're going to reject them right off the bat because they are average height for a guy?

Seems a bit shallow to me.

lol, 2inches off, close but no cigar!
No, nor do I. And nah, 8ft BFG with saggy boobs isn't quite to my liking though.

Enjoy the rest of your Christmas/New Year :-)

Shame, I would have hooked you up otherwise.

Ah, your not so bad. You have a good time too :biggrin:
Original post by Anon2345xx
Hi I'm 20 and am in my first year at uni. I've never had a boyfriend and am quite shy and really want a boyfriend but the only guys that approach me are shorter than me and not really my type. Do you think its worth me signing up to a dating app like antidate or tinder? (even though ive never been on a date!) or should i just wait til the right guy comes along? thanks :smile:

What do you look like?

lol, 2inches off, close but no cigar!

I'm currently dating a girl whom is 6' 2''. I'm 5' 10''. She said it perfectly. It doesn't matter when you're horizontal.

Latest

Trending

Trending