Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Looking for room mates for 2015 - BIMM Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Kaya_
Hi I'm Kaya, I've got an unconditional place at BIMM next year and doing the same course as you Amy.
I'm actually from Brighton but not fancying living at home at all lol so looking for a house share as well. I'm a dj and promote for some clubs down here and would happily show you all about :tongue:

Hey! :smile:
Aw really? cool! That sounds good yeah, do you have Facebook or anything?
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 21
Yeah, my names Kaya Robertson so you should be able to add me on that
Reply 22
Hey you guys, just though I'd drop in here and mention that I'm going to BIMM too in 2015 for songwriting. I'm coming across from Jersey, Channel Islands so hopefully I can get to know some you lot then :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hiya, I'm applying for the BA Songwriting course for 2015, but need to wait until my college opens up after Christmas to get a reference for UCAS before I send anything off haha! Just wondering what the songwriting audition involves? I need to be prepared!
Reply 24
Original post by HollyBollyWolly
Hiya, I'm applying for the BA Songwriting course for 2015, but need to wait until my college opens up after Christmas to get a reference for UCAS before I send anything off haha! Just wondering what the songwriting audition involves? I need to be prepared!

It's very colloquial, for me I just had to play 2 of my original songs live, and then play her some demos of recorded songs I have written. We talked about how many gigs I've played, they may ask to look at lyrics so take some of them along with you. Then there was an easy theory test, which was just playing simple scales (Major, Natural Minor, Major and Minor Pentatonic) that type of thing and finally a simple rhythm test which was only just straight forward beats, I don't recall any dotted rhythms or tied notes, there was a triplet so make sure you watch out for them and also read the repeat signs. They're mostly interested in seeing that you have a real passion for your music :smile: Hope this helps
Fantastic, Thankyou!! What if you don't have any recordings of original songs? Because I don't yet haha.. I'd better practice my scales aswell as I only ever did them in college and they've already gone from my head! :smile:
Reply 26
Fantastic, Thankyou!! What if you don't have any recordings of original songs? Because I don't yet haha.. I'd better practice my scales aswell as I only ever did them in college and they've already gone from my head! :smile:

I think it'll be fine if you've not got any recordings, if you can I'd just record some stuff with the mic on your computer and take them. It's really not that much of an audition, I played a major scale, minor pentatonic and blues scale but didn't know any others at the point of my audition because I'd never actually been taught them but they just said to learn by the time I go in October and I'd be fine
Original post by lukenp
It's very colloquial, for me I just had to play 2 of my original songs live, and then play her some demos of recorded songs I have written. We talked about how many gigs I've played, they may ask to look at lyrics so take some of them along with you. Then there was an easy theory test, which was just playing simple scales (Major, Natural Minor, Major and Minor Pentatonic) that type of thing and finally a simple rhythm test which was only just straight forward beats, I don't recall any dotted rhythms or tied notes, there was a triplet so make sure you watch out for them and also read the repeat signs. They're mostly interested in seeing that you have a real passion for your music :smile: Hope this helps

Applying for the same course as both of you and this is great. Thanks a lot! :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by lukenp
Hey you guys, just though I'd drop in here and mention that I'm going to BIMM too in 2015 for songwriting. I'm coming across from Jersey, Channel Islands so hopefully I can get to know some you lot then :smile:

Hey! Yeah it would be great to get to know you all :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by BWinter3107
Applying for the same course as both of you and this is great. Thanks a lot! :smile:

No problem, I did mine back in May so that's as good as I can remember but it's really not that much of a big deal, hope you do well :smile:

When is your audition? :smile:
When is your audition? :smile:

31st January :smile: I don't know what to expect or how to feel but I can't wait to just do it. Let me know when you hear back from them about when yours is!
31st January :smile: I don't know what to expect or how to feel but I can't wait to just do it. Let me know when you hear back from them about when yours is!

Ahh good luck!! I haven't applied yet as I need my reference from college (I left last year) so probably next week I will send off my application, just before the deadline haha! I'm also going to the open day on the 9th of Jan as I couldn't make the last 2, so I'm looking forward to that!
Ahh good luck!! I haven't applied yet as I need my reference from college (I left last year) so probably next week I will send off my application, just before the deadline haha! I'm also going to the open day on the 9th of Jan as I couldn't make the last 2, so I'm looking forward to that!

Thank you :smile: Ooh leaving it late, I'm sure it'll be fine haha! I can't make it to that open day because I have mock exams Wednesday to Friday so my audition will be my first time in Brighton... I better actually like it after all of this!
Hi, i'll be studying Music Business at Brighton later this year! I'll be moving up there and have no idea about accommodation or anything! Any of you looking at this kind of stuff yet?
Original post by AmyMillie
Hey, my name's Amy :smile: I've been offered a place at BIMM Brighton to start next year in October 2015 and I need to find some people to live with :smile:

In the same boat as you! Need to find people to share with too, message me back if your still looking for people :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by AmyDuignan
In the same boat as you! Need to find people to share with too, message me back if your still looking for people :smile:

Hey Amy!
Yeah, do you have facebook or anything? πŸ˜ƒ
Original post by AmyMillie
Hey Amy!
Yeah, do you have facebook or anything? πŸ˜ƒ

Yeah, facebook is just Amy Duignan and twitter is @amyduignanx
Reply 38
Original post by AmyDuignan
Yeah, facebook is just Amy Duignan and twitter is @amyduignanx

Okays I'll add you, my name's Amy Wildsmith btw, I'll add you πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Reply 39
Hey I've got an unconditional offer for Professional musicianship starting October 2015 and I'm also looking for someone to live with. Amy, I'm from Bristol, so close!
Also I know there is an estate agent that works with the school but I read somewhere (might have been one of the groups) that she takes quite a big commission and that gumtree and places are the best places to look
If any of you want to add me on facebook it's Izzy Corben-Tann (99.999 sure I'm the only one of them!)

Quick Reply

Latest