The Student Room Group

Any aspiring female engineers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AstroNandos
Someone has sense on this thread!

Aerospace ftw, I'm not a female, but I can't wait to do it :biggrin:

Another(male) Aerospace applicant passing through :biggrin: . its interesting to know that more girls are getting into engineering (but there aren't enough in aero! )
Original post by bigboateng
Another(male) Aerospace applicant passing through :biggrin: . its interesting to know that more girls are getting into engineering (but there aren't enough in aero! )

I'm like the biggest aeroplane nerd ever, think my school are glad to get rid of me and my plane obsession :smile: I'm really looking forward to being around like-minded people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beccatheaviatrix
I'm like the biggest aeroplane nerd ever, think my school are glad to get rid of me and my plane obsession :smile: I'm really looking forward to being around like-minded people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you applied yet? If so what uni's? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arami
I want to do petroleum engineering too! which uni did you apply or are thinking of applying?:biggrin:

Leeds, portsmouth, manchester, and salford :smile:
Have you applied yet? If so what uni's? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got an offer from USW and two from Edinburgh Napier and Loughborough but those are for Air Management. I'm waiting to hear from Glyndwr and Brighton.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beccatheaviatrix
I've got an offer from USW and two from Edinburgh Napier and Loughborough but those are for Air Management. I'm waiting to hear from Glyndwr and Brighton.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats on the offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66

As a girl , am I slightly more likely to get into aero due to the imbalance of gender ? Or the opposite??:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diana99
As a girl , am I slightly more likely to get into aero due to the imbalance of gender ? Or the opposite??:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so yeah. Universities now have a requirement to take a % of females in engineering so I think females have a high chance of getting into engineering than males. If you have the minimum grade requirement and interest in the subject, you'll be in a good position. Are you in AS or A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68

... Universities now have a requirement to take a % of females in engineering...

Source?
Reply 69
I think so yeah. Universities now have a requirement to take a % of females in engineering so I think females have a high chance of getting into engineering than males. If you have the minimum grade requirement and interest in the subject, you'll be in a good position. Are you in AS or A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just a very optimistic and keen GCSE year 11 student :biggrin::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Source?

I got told by a second year student, Im not sure if its a national thing or that specific uni's target/requirement. so yeah my source is not legit
Original post by Shantellea
You don't have to when I had my Manchester interview someone's third subject was geography and anothers was RS

ahh thats good to hear

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied for chemical engineering this year and so far have received offers from Huddersfield, Sheffield and Nottingham and an interview for Manchester. I'm still waiting to hear from Newcastle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lkathryn08
Applied for chemical engineering this year and so far have received offers from Huddersfield, Sheffield and Nottingham and an interview for Manchester. I'm still waiting to hear from Newcastle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats on the offers. Which uni is your top?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats on the offers. Which uni is your top?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say Manchester but I live in Manchester and want to get away from the place and didn't really like the atmosphere there. My favourite place was Nottingham, loved the campus and the atmosphere and I can also do a year in industry there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to do petroleum too :smile: which schools did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you recieved replies from all the universities? How quick did you recieve offers? (I want to do petroleum too :smile: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would say Manchester but I live in Manchester and want to get away from the place and didn't really like the atmosphere there. My favourite place was Nottingham, loved the campus and the atmosphere and I can also do a year in industry there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an offer from Manchester too for aerospace. I might make it my insurance. & yeah Nottingham looks good, and a bit far from Manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an offer from Manchester too for aerospace. I might make it my insurance. & yeah Nottingham looks good, and a bit far from Manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where else have you got offers then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where else have you got offers then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bristol,Southampton,Manchester & Leeds. & btw isn't this supposed to be a 'females' thread and I'm just casually strolling into conversations lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest