The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
They're away to Everton/Chelsea and at home to Arsenal.

I guess we'll have to see nearer the time. Still have no idea what week i'll play my WC.

I was hoping to survive until the last 10 or so fixtures, always seems to go off the rails about then. With Bony and Yaya of to the ACON though it might have to be sooner.
92 points for me and i completely forgot about changing my team or anything. At least the Rooney captain worked out this week! Although Monreal playing over Chambers is concerning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Accidentally leaving siggy on the bench cost me a H2H victory this week (lost by 2 points).

When he came off injured last GW I put him on the bench in anticipation.
But because of xmas I didn't get round to checking my team again so I had a star player taunting me from the sidelines.

72 points is a good week for me although it should've been higher and the general average is pretty high too
Original post by ..DT..
I was hoping to survive until the last 10 or so fixtures, always seems to go off the rails about then. With Bony and Yaya of to the ACON though it might have to be sooner.

You get a separate one for January.

Original post by TH3-FL45H
92 points for me and i completely forgot about changing my team or anything. At least the Rooney captain worked out this week! Although Monreal playing over Chambers is concerning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wenger came out and said that Chambers is knackered and needs a rest, remember this is his first full season as a first team regular. I swapped him out for Debuchy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
You get a separate one for January.

Wenger came out and said that Chambers is knackered and needs a rest, remember this is his first full season as a first team regular. I swapped him out for Debuchy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Considered the same move, you convinced that Debuchy is nailed on and won't be rotated with Chambers?
Original post by sr90
You get a separate one for January. ]

I played my first one back in like week 5, you only get 2 in total right?
Original post by ..DT..
I played my first one back in like week 5, you only get 2 in total right?

Yes but your second one can only be used up to the end of January, you can't save it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Isometrix
Yes but your second one can only be used up to the end of January, you can't save it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eurgh thats grim. I'll probably use it the week everyone goes away for the ACON then. Get rid of yaya and Bony and try and set my team up for the long haul.
Original post by Narcissist
Considered the same move, you convinced that Debuchy is nailed on and won't be rotated with Chambers?

He will be a starter until the Jan WC has been played, and will probably rise in price. Which is good enough for me. What happens after that I am not entirely sure of, because Arsenal will almost certainly buy more defenders in the window.

I think the best week to use it will be after GW22. There will be 2 weeks to benefit from price rises (break for the FA Cup 4th round) and the next GW is only a couple of days before deadline day, so if there's a good transfer you can prepare for it. E.g everyone brought Mata in last season and Sturridge was quite popular the year before that.
Not sure who to captain? Any suggestions I was thinking either silva or Austin?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by khalidpatel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Terry
Original post by ..DT..
Terry

I ain't got Terry. Too expensive at 6.5M

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by khalidpatel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sanchez?

Austin is a good choice tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
Sanchez?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by qwerty_mad
Sanchez?

Posted from TSR Mobile

With players like Austin and Kane you gotta be careful.
Right now they're picking up great points but when it comes to surprisingly on form strikers you gotta time it right to lose them when they fizzle out.

If you look at berahino; he had a pretty good start indeed but he's almost useless now.
I brought in kane a few weeks back but I'm ready to drop him if he goes off form.

Welbeck has really disappointed me.
Problem is that in unsure whether there's a worthwhile replacement for him.
Reply 3975
Thinking of Siggy + Baines -> Silva + Zabaleta

For free. Should I do it:
Captain for tomorrow? Thinking Sanchez, Yaya or even Costa.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
Thinking of Siggy + Baines -> Silva + Zabaleta

For free. Should I do it:

I would, personally. Everton's defence has been shocking and I don't think Baines' penalty duties and attacking tendencies can make up for that long term.
Original post by paddyman4
I would, personally. Everton's defence has been shocking and I don't think Baines' penalty duties and attacking tendencies can make up for that long term.

Definitely - I've taken baines out because Everton are awful.
The top scoring 6 or 7 defenders so far are all from Soton or Chelsea...
My issue is already having 3 chelsea "essential" players and not wanting to double up on Soton defenders. -___-
Can one of you guys please explain to me why Bony's and Sakho's price just fell? I thought the price changes depended on NTI which was positive for both.

Quick Reply

Latest