The Student Room Group

How to get straight A*s?

Has anyone got any tips on how to get straight A*s? Is it down to revising early or doing flashcards or writing notes? Is it easy to get straight A*s? Any advice?
Original post by sunnyrays07
Has anyone got any tips on how to get straight A*s? Is it down to revising early or doing flashcards or writing notes? Is it easy to get straight A*s? Any advice?

It depends on the person and their aptitude but generally speaking practice is the key as practice makes perfect.
Try to find out your general learning style first. For example, I work well off visual learning: lots of bright colours and spider diagrams, that way I can visualise the summarised content in my head.
Some of my friends learn by constant repetition - so in learning style it all depends on what works well for you.

Getting advice from your lecturers is always useful, too. Try and practise some past paper questions and get them to have a look for you. Ask for any suggestions for improvement.

Just try to revise and practise as much as possible. :smile:
Reply 3
Go to a private school.

Not my opinion - saw it on a similar thread and it made me laugh. :smile:
work smartly - dont spend hours in the books
Use a range of techniques i.e. mind maps, drawings, writing things out again and again and lots of practice papers (I used to make a list of all the stuff I got wrong to go over before exams)
start early and make some sort of plan -it doesn't have to be a strict timetable, but set subdeadlines
take breaks and be productive in the breaks ie.e. play sport, meet friends, get away from study area
Focus on your weak areas first
Prioritise
Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest