The Student Room Group

Using my brother's student card in Apple Store

I'm heading to my local Apple Store tomorrow to purchase a new MacBook Pro 13" Retina. I went there today and asked about student discount, but they said that I had to show student ID, despite the fact that I showed them on my phone that I had access to the UniDays 15% discount at the Apple Education Store. I am going there with my brother tomorrow, and he has a student card for his university. He will be the one actually buying the Mac with my bank card so it's all legit, but if the staff realise he's using his student discount to buy the MacBook for me, will they refuse to sell it?

Thanks.
Original post by Nick_K
I'm heading to my local Apple Store tomorrow to purchase a new MacBook Pro 13" Retina. I went there today and asked about student discount, but they said that I had to show student ID, despite the fact that I showed them on my phone that I had access to the UniDays 15% discount at the Apple Education Store. I am going there with my brother tomorrow, and he has a student card for his university. He will be the one actually buying the Mac with my bank card so it's all legit, but if the staff realise he's using his student discount to buy the MacBook for me, will they refuse to sell it?

Thanks.

I went to the Apple Store today with a friend and they asked about buying a MacBook with student discount, I was the one showing the ID and paid for it and there was no problem. It should be fine!
I would not boast that he's buying it for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is fine. I use my discount card all the time for my friend when we go shopping together.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending