The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Spoiler

(Parasyte spoiler)
(edited 9 years ago)

I was looking at that a couple of days ago... glad I'm seemingly not the only one who struggles to overcome bias towards recent anime when picking my favourite series at the end of the year. :p: Though I'd much rather see Parasyte at the top than No Game, No Life. :yucky:

I *think* I voted Sidonia no Kishi, Parasyte, Zankyou no Terror, Shingeki no Bahamut and Aldnoah Zero myself, if memory serves.

Also, while I'm here:

Spoiler

Reply 8363
I feel like the only person who doesn't like Attack on Titan
Original post by Kovu
I feel like the only person who doesn't like Attack on Titan

Attack on Titan is ok, but I think SAO is so overrated

Posted from TSR Mobile

Christmas loot:

Original post by Bude8

:ditto:
Original post by Bude8

Haven't watched Attack on Titan, but yeah, SAO is overrated. It's pretty much just became a bunch of people overly attached to video games since they got released from the original SAO game.

Anyway, I just have to say this; I love Mirai Nikki. I'd watched it in dubbed in the summer, and rewatched it a few weeks ago in subbed. It reminded me of how great I thought (and still think) it was.:smile:
Original post by Super Koopa
Haven't watched Attack on Titan, but yeah, SAO is overrated. It's pretty much just became a bunch of people overly attached to video games since they got released from the original SAO game.

Anyway, I just have to say this; I love Mirai Nikki. I'd watched it in dubbed in the summer, and rewatched it a few weeks ago in subbed. It reminded me of how great I thought (and still think) it was.:smile:

Original post by Bude8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed! Although I've heard from a friend, who wasn't a huge fan of SAO but stuck with it, that the finale for the 2nd season was pretty good. (I heard the newer season became less and less about Kirito? This can only be a good thing in my opinion).

I liked the concept and the setting of Attack on Titan more than the story (Eren was perhaps the least interesting character).

The only anime I'm watching at the moment is Fate Stay Night: UBW. I might pick up Parasyte the Maxim, as that has proven popular, and maybe Tokyo Ghoul.
Original post by El Nombre
Agreed! Although I've heard from a friend, who wasn't a huge fan of SAO but stuck with it, that the finale for the 2nd season was pretty good. (I heard the newer season became less and less about Kirito? This can only be a good thing in my opinion).

I liked the concept and the setting of Attack on Titan more than the story (Eren was perhaps the least interesting character).

The only anime I'm watching at the moment is Fate Stay Night: UBW. I might pick up Parasyte the Maxim, as that has proven popular, and maybe Tokyo Ghoul.

Definitely pick up Parasyte!
Err just finished seikon no qwaser.

No words apart from where can I get me a cup of soma? :perv:
Just spent the whole day watching Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Ōkami Shōjo to Kuro Ōji. Don't ask me why, but relationship/ shoujo/ comedy animes are the new black for me.

Anyone know of Anime titles like them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just spent the whole day watching Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Judge Jasel
Just spent the whole day watching Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Ōkami Shōjo to Kuro Ōji. Don't ask me why, but relationship/ shoujo/ comedy animes are the new black for me.

I've not watched either of those, but if general shoujo rom-com recommendations will do, I quite liked Lovely Complex, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge and Kimi ni Todoke. :smile:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I've not watched either of those, but if general shoujo rom-com recommendations will do, I quite liked Lovely Complex, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge and Kimi ni Todoke. :smile:

Yay! More titles! Thank you! :biggrin:

Btw, if you like rom-coms then kaibutsu-kun is a good one. In my opinion anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gekkan Shoujou Nozaki-kun! is one of the best I've ever seen. Rated very highly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finished watching michiko and hatchin a few days ago, it was pretty cool. ANybody watched GITS Arise yet?

Original post by Tai Ga
Err just finished seikon no qwaser.

No words apart from where can I get me a cup of soma? :perv:

I've been meaning to watch that, is it any good?

Yay! More titles! Thank you! :biggrin:

Btw, if you like rom-coms then kaibutsu-kun is a good one. In my opinion anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I watched tonari no kaibutus kun not too long ago and afterwards I watched lovely complex, I wasn't disappointed, both hilariously fun anime!
Original post by Ki Yung Na

I've been meaning to watch that, is it any good?

It's good if you can get past the overwhelming ecchi levels. I liked the action and the characters, but my god the anime was borderline hentai at times. It's still good though, and I enjoyed the budding romance between the two main characters. So, if you like bewbs and action, go for it :yy:
Reply 8378
Original post by Ki Yung Na
ANybody watched GITS Arise yet?

I should get round to trying that. Word on the street seems to be that Arise is a decent episodic techno-thriller, disappointing only in that it is only decent when it has a more-than-decent pedigree.
Ghost in the Shell as a franchise is high on my priorities list for the coming year, as all I've watched is the 1995 movie. And that was when I was only just getting into anime, about all I'd watched prior to it was Love Hina and Princess Mononoke. Too much, too soon, looking back. :o: Definitely looks like my kind of thing these days, though. :p:

Latest