The Student Room Group

Missing my ex (I dumped him) :(

Please, do not judge me.

Me and my ex boyfriend were arguing over me moving into university accommodation (I go to the university in my city, I was planning on living at home but changed my mind) and it was really irritating me. I started university, LOVED it, and all of the guys there were really nice and it made me think that my boyfriend was just a waste of time. So, I dumped him and slept around (bad, I know..)

But, now, it's been about three months and I really miss him. I think the absence from him has made my feelings grow stronger. I text him last month and he ignored me. Should I try contacting him or just leave it in the past? :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Leave him be and stop texting him. Let him move on. Your fault so deal with IG
Original post by Placeboo123
Pffffffffffffffft lol, leave him alone slut.

Oooooo
Reply 2
Original post by Sulpha
He ignored you, he's not interested.

I'd have done the same thing, you sound rather unpleasant.

I'm not unpleasant. :confused:
Deal with it.
Original post by Anonymous
Please, do not judge me.

Me and my ex boyfriend were arguing over me moving into university accommodation (I go to the university in my city, I was planning on living at home but changed my mind) and it was really irritating me. I started university, LOVED it, and all of the guys there were really nice and it made me think that my boyfriend was just a waste of time. So, I dumped him and slept around (bad, I know..)

But, now, it's been about three months and I really miss him. I think the absence from him has made my feelings grow stronger. I text him last month and he ignored me. Should I try contacting him or just leave it in the past? :confused:

I am afraid what do you expect, you dumped him and when you try and get back in touch he doesn't want to know. Sorry but I would do the same thing and ignore you, he was probably hurt that you dumped him. Learn from it in future and move on, sorry to sound harsh but he may even have found someone else.
I went kind of mad in freshers week

So you only dumped him after you started uni, but only 'went mad' on freshers.....so you cheated on him then.....:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Ps3SuperSRG
So you only dumped him after you started uni, but only 'went mad' on freshers.....so you cheated on him then.....:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

She did not cheat on him because they were not together at the time. You need to watch the reruns of Friends when Ross and Rachel was on a break to understand.
Reply 7
I'm 18. It was a mistake!
You need to understand that what you did has hurt your ex and he absolutely every right to not talk to you or get back together with you. You have to live with your decisions and your mistakes and move on, because he will not be coming back to you. Let him move on, you owe him at least that.

And you have to live with that mistake, your ex does not have to.
My degree includes a year abroad so maybe it was for the best..
Literally crying rn.
Literally crying rn.

I'm not sure if you're a troll judging by the way you speak but if you're not.

Guess what? He probably cried too after what you did to him. Suck it up, be an adult and live with your mistake. YOUR mistake NOT HIS mistake. You do not have any right to go back to him so move on. Grow up.
Original post by SophieSmall
I'm not sure if you're a troll judging by the way you speak but if you're not.

Guess what? He probably cried too after what you did to him. Suck it up, be an adult and live with your mistake. YOUR mistake NOT HIS mistake. You do not have any right to go back to him so move on. Grow up.

He wasn't perfect! He called me fat and ugly. Maybe it was for the best!!
Original post by SophieSmall
Yeah you're definitely a troll.

Get a better hobby love.

I'm not. I want advice
I'm not. I want advice

I doubt that.

Anyway you have been given advice, to move on. You have chosen not to listen to that advice.
Please, do not judge me.

So you thought the grass was much greener, but didn't expect it to be as much as you thought it would be. You dumped him. It all depends on the guy really, if he's interested and would forgive you - then well and good. If not, let him move on, you do the same.
Reply 17

Breaking up before going to uni at 18 is a good idea. Not being in a long term relationship from the age of 18 is also prob a good idea.
I think if you'd really been in love with him you wouldn't have done what you did, and at 18 it's hard to tell either way.
Don't be hard on yourself, just let it go. Focus on Uni. Maybe you can be friends in future and see how it goes.
You will learn from the experience and it will make you stronger, I promise x
Leave him alone. You made a choice so now live with it and move on.
I understand your issue, I'm a little younger(about to turn seventeen) but I've had my fair share of nasty breakups and regrets etc. it does suck, but if he's ignoring you then he probably doesn't want you back. Ignore the *******s on this thread, you made a mistake and admitted it, and the fact you slept around is both irrelevant and nobody's business, you were single and bitter and people do these things, sex is just another part of our identities and that can rub people the wrong way when yours clashes with theirs. You weren't cheating so it's irrelevant really. Unless it was like his brother or something. Honestly, if you feel that strongly, you can try contact him, but you have to be prepared for every response he might give. He might flip his ****, he might tell you he's with another girl, he might not talk to you at all, he might not even have that phone anymore. Do not hassle him or try to make him get back with you, if he says no or does not respond, just leave it be. Scars fade and wounds heal, and as hard as it may be, the emotions will wear off eventually :smile: maybe it was for the best though, not passing blame onto anyone,but if a relationship didn't work first time around, it probably won't work second time either. Also the dynamic of that relationship doesn't sound particularly healthy, so you do need to take that into consideration. Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply