The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Another full fixture list tomorrow! It's hard not to love this time of year.

I expect most clubs with fixtures tomorrow to name sweeping changes (to their team)
Couple matches the day after as well including one Championship game live on sky sports.
Absolutely disgraceful last night, Wolves had figured us out from the start. Too inconsistent to go up.
Original post by hskjlclcn
The guy should have scored Tbf, but the luck was thoroughly deserved. Should have been wrapped up by then.

Yeah you should have been out of sight by half time
Original post by Mackay
Another full fixture list tomorrow! It's hard not to love this time of year.

It's quite easy not to love it when you're losing every single week by narrow margins, and never managing to fix the root cause (stupidity from experienced players). Being given hope and then having it snatched away every other day is not going to be fun.
Original post by Rock Fan
Yeah you should have been out of sight by half time

Agreed. Abdi and Toszer unable to dictate play as usual due to Wolves' pressing.
Off to watch Cardiff at home to Watford tomorrow. Important game for both!!

Anyone off to watch the matches?
Original post by BethhPhill

What do you make of the way things have gone under Vincent Tan?
I will always, always wear my blue Cardiff tops and am against the change to red. I know a lot of my dads friends who have been about since I started supporting them properly in 2002 who have stopped going, and there's currently the whole 'No Blue No Renew' campaign going on. There are some fans who have 'converted' though, cooperating and willingly wearing red.

I don't like Tan's policies, ie. changing to red because it's a lucky colour in his country. There was even one point where he wanted to sign players with the number 8 in their birth date; it just all seems a bit ridiculous and we feel he's ruining the culture of our club. It feels like another example of a rich owner coming in and ruining the true spirit of the game. I'm not saying the atmosphere has been amazing since we moved to the Cardiff City Stadium, as it will never beat the days in Ninian Park, but it has got significantly worse, and the new red extension is awful.

I know it's a two-edged sword, he helped us to promotion and he's helped us bring in a lot of players and we now have one of the biggest squads in the Championship. But the problem is, none of these players are gelling well together. Tony Pulis would have been a brilliant managerial appointment for us but some have suggested he didn't arrive because of the difficulties of working with Tan.

As much of a legend Olé is, he didn't suit the job at Cardiff, it was the worst I've seen Cardiff play in years under him; no consistency - and that was Tan's decision. We now back Russell Slade, but there's always going to be resentment. Before we knew about the Mackay text scandal, that was another crisis with the fans; it's a real shame as Mackay really felt like the people's manager - but obviously, I'm not condoning his actions after the discoveries.

Today is the first game I'm going to since September as I'm in uni and the first one under Slade, so it'll be interesting to see what has changed since then!

So basically, owners may now their stuff about the business of football and the financial side, but I don't think they should come in and change the culture of a club. To be nicknamed the bluebirds and see yourself in a red kit, or even worse that awful white and red away kit is a travesty. A lot of us have said, we'd rather go down to League 2 and play in blue than stay in red. That may sound like an overreaction to some, but it's just how we feel!
(edited 9 years ago)
Bolton could move up to 10th or drop to 17th today o.O
Original post by BethhPhill

Yep - off to the MK home match against Walsall.
Original post by alex_hk90
Yep - off to the MK home match against Walsall.

Lost 3-0 but that doesn't really tell the story - gave away an early goal from a set piece then we dominated the game until we gave away the second from a defensive mistake (weak header back to the keeper), then finally the third came on the break (and was offside). To be fair to Walsall they played the perfect game on the break and were clinical whereas we were wasteful, but on another game we would've won it 3-1 rather than losing it 3-0. :sigh:
Just like to butt in here to tell everyone how the mighty Wimbledon are preparing for the big match with Liverpool...We came, we saw, we won 4-1 to Exeter!
Bolton let me down on my accumulator today.
Went to watch Cardiff City lose 4-1 at home to Watford - bad times at the club. No desire or passion and bad running.

They also B'Sd the fact that our attendance was 22,000 when I'd say it was 15/16 at the most.

A lot of us want our old club back; it lacks the atmosphere we once had and there's no desire from the players, not to mention the running of the club!

But credit to Watford's 3rd goal - cracking strike
Second straight loss for Brentford against Wolves who seemed to have arrested their bad slide, Bournemouth will end the year top of the Championship no matter what now. Mention of Lincoln who won their derby game against Grimsby today.
Original post by ..DT..
Bolton could move up to 10th or drop to 17th today o.O

Says it all about the Football League.

A team is always one five-match unbeaten run away from chasing the play-offs.
Original post by Mackay
Says it all about the Football League.

A team is always one five-match unbeaten run away from chasing the play-offs.

It's what makes it so exciting, drama week in and week out right to the last week of the season.
Original post by Rock Fan
It's what makes it so exciting, drama week in and week out right to the last week of the season.

The Championship is different too, because you get teams with genuine momentum and on unstoppable runs oozing confidence.

In League One and Two, you don't need to be good. You just need to not be as **** as everyone else.
Revenge on Jangas lot, glad that we have solidified our defence again. VLP is beginning to find his way with his defensive play too and Dicko isn't going to the ACON which makes it a very good 4 days!

Quick Reply

Latest