The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

OMG I think I showed the interviewers what ultimate stupidity is when my answer to "where do T cells mature" was thylakoid instead of thalamus. :O

Haha I did apologise at the end though. :tongue:
Original post by dandelion-field
OMG I think I showed the interviewers what ultimate stupidity is when my answer to "where do T cells mature" was thylakoid instead of thalamus. :O

Actually I thought T cells mature in the thymus...Not so sure now :tongue:

If you corrected it, it's all fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh, T cells mature in the thymus lol. Don't sweat fam, thalamus is better than thylakoid :wink:

Lol its ok, I balanced a combustion reaction for a CH2 molecule haha, and I didnt realise until after the interview.

Im sure everyone has done or said something stupid, they asked me for the ions Fe can hav and i said Fe1+ (?!) Fe 2+ Fe3+, and i didnt correct that, i also said MRI has X Rays eventhough it stands for Magnetic resonance imaging lol..
But im sure theyll take into consideration the fact that we are nervous.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Master219
Im sure everyone has done or said something stupid, they asked me for the ions Fe can hav and i said Fe1+ (?!) Fe 2+ Fe3+, and i didnt correct that, i also said MRI has X Rays eventhough it stands for Magnetic resonance imaging lol..

Yes I really hope so. :smile:
Yh, T cells mature in the thymus lol. Don't sweat fam, thalamus is better than thylakoid :wink:

Haha actually in the interview I didn't know the right answer so I moved on to B cells. Honestly I need to get names of things right.
Haha actually in the interview I didn't know the right answer so I moved on to B cells. Honestly I need to get names of things right.

Yh I get confused sometimes as well, they are both used in immune system and they have cells at the end lol. u probably wont need that in another interview, its cambridge that love science haha.
How did ur interview go, on the whole?
Yh I get confused sometimes as well, they are both used in immune system and they have cells at the end lol. u probably wont need that in another interview, its cambridge that love science haha.
How did ur interview go, on the whole?

I really can't tell. I had some good moments but as you can see some bad ones as well! What about you?
I really can't tell. I had some good moments but as you can see some bad ones as well! What about you?

Haha, ull b fine.
ukkhh, my interview was disgusting like yh there were times which were ok but majority i either didnt speak (sooo annoyed as to y i did that) or i said something stupid like i mentioned above. I also accidently said that the elbow is a ball and socket joint even though i pointed at my shoulder lol.
Im just taking it as an amazing experience that not many people have a chance to get, for me cam is like a bonus anyways so if i get it then gr8 and if dont then oh well.
Original post by barrinalo
Lol its ok, I balanced a combustion reaction for a CH2 molecule haha, and I didnt realise until after the interview.

I wish I'd had your interview questions :frown: mine were all biology based and I screwed it up because I'm only studying the As. If I'd got chemistry questions I would of had a chance!! Maybe I will get pooled and interviewed with some chemistry questions??! :'( *fingers crossed*
Original post by KimbyJayne
I wish I'd had your interview questions :frown: mine were all biology based and I screwed it up because I'm only studying the As. If I'd got chemistry questions I would of had a chance!! Maybe I will get pooled and interviewed with some chemistry questions??! :'( *fingers crossed*

Theyll know u were only studying AS bio, they just wanted to stretch u. And 2 of my questions were based on physics and the rest were Bio questions (but we went deep in, so some chem gets involved as well), quite kl cuz u had to apply chem to bio and sometimes physics to bio in a way uve never thought of before.... But mainly my qs were bio, there were hints of chem.

Thats the reason why they didnt ask u chem questions lol, cuz it wouldve not been as difficult, cruel but thats cambridge for u haha!!

Forget another interview, hopefully we'll get an offer!! :smile:
(I lost hope already lol, hope imperial saves me!)
Okay christmas is practically over, meaning it's okay to note that in 2 weeks minus a day, the letters will be sent out... Agghh! Anyone else feeling nervous??
Original post by Elishaclark2
Okay christmas is practically over, meaning it's okay to note that in 2 weeks minus a day, the letters will be sent out... Agghh! Anyone else feeling nervous??

Expecting a rejection. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Currently my state is alternating between "ahhh can they not just let me know already" and "OMG no no no no no only two weeks left :eek:" So yeah, I'm feeling pretty nervous, but I have a weird sense of excitement too 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RainbowVeins
Currently my state is alternating between "ahhh can they not just let me know already" and "OMG no no no no no only two weeks left :eek:" So yeah, I'm feeling pretty nervous, but I have a weird sense of excitement too 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a little sad to know that the majority on here will be rejected... :frown: Even when the majority here would be great doctors! Good luck to all nonetheless.
Original post by The_Top_Hat
It's a little sad to know that the majority on here will be rejected... :frown: Even when the majority here would be great doctors! Good luck to all nonetheless.

Still too early to make that conclusion, TSR is a magical place! :wink: Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RainbowVeins
Still too early to make that conclusion, TSR is a magical place! :wink: Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile: yes it is
Reply 598

Yep the nerves have kicked in.
Original post by a123a
Yep the nerves have kicked in.

Had literally given up... anyone on same boat as me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending