The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SassQueen13
:lol: T'aww you still so tiny :giggle: You keep telling yourself that :wink:
:innocent: I um...want to feel young forever :ahee:

Hmph, I'm not :tongue: I hang out in the year 10 thread to make myself feel older :giggle:
You're not getting any younger :wink: how's uni? :awesome:
Original post by sunnyrays07
How old were you when you did that? I want to do something similar but most places only take people who are 16 so I will have to wait for 2 months before I can. :frown:

I was 15, it was just this past summer ☺️ I still am 15 though so.,. But in most foreign countries the policies are pretty different so to do most things you can if you are 15
Original post by Jitesh
Oh, I guess the prom is the obvious part!

How's Lit going? I can only imagine all the reading and analysis you have to do! :s-smilie:

Yeah I enjoyed my year 11 prom a lot more than my year 13 one...was a great atmosphere :grin:
Hmmm lit is okay! Hard work and a lot of essay writing and reading but I'm getting to grips with it slowly ^_^ Yeah there is analysis but there's a lot more I have to look at too like background reading and criticisms etc
How are you finding GCSE English lit? :smile:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Hmph, I'm not :tongue: I hang out in the year 10 thread to make myself feel older :giggle:
You're not getting any younger :wink: how's uni? :awesome:

Which is what I'm doing here I guess :giggle: I love the littlies on the year 10 thread, they all give me such a warm welcome :awesome:
Unfortunately not :getmecoat: Uni is great...balancing that work and freedom is tough though but I do love it :tongue:
How are A-Levels? What are you studying? :h:

Which is what I'm doing here I guess :giggle: I love the littlies on the year 10 thread, they all give me such a warm welcome :awesome:
Unfortunately not :getmecoat: Uni is great...balancing that work and freedom is tough though but I do love it :tongue:

They are cool, although 80% of that thread aren't actually year 10s :biggrin:
I imagine it's soo much work, I'm dreading when I'll need to manage my procrastination :eek: Which uni are you at? :smile:

A Levels are awesome, the teachers are suddenly like our best friends :lol: One of my English lit teachers is so cool, she even has a secret stash of glitter that she lets us use :giggle: I'm doing English lit, English Lang, history and maths :awesome:
Yeah I enjoyed my year 11 prom a lot more than my year 13 one...was a great atmosphere :grin:
Hmmm lit is okay! Hard work and a lot of essay writing and reading but I'm getting to grips with it slowly ^_^ Yeah there is analysis but there's a lot more I have to look at too like background reading and criticisms etc
How are you finding GCSE English lit? :smile:

Oh GCSE English Lit! It's much more interesting than Language :tongue: I'm enjoying the poetry side of things the most - oddly enough!
Guys, I need some advice...

In the summer, I have something like 25 GCSE exams. I really want to take my Grade 6 violin exam, which would be the week after my last GCSE, but I'm not sure if I would have too much work to do... Any advice please? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3146
Original post by SampleX

In the summer, I have something like 25 GCSE exams. I really want to take my Grade 6 violin exam, which would be the week after my last GCSE, but I'm not sure if I would have too much work to do... Any advice please? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

is there anyway you could do your violin exam in the summer or after exam season maybe privately?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3147
Original post by Steliata
I don't. I want to, to generate myself some reasonable income and be more independent (we're well off, but I feel bad just getting money from my parents) but around here, work for under 16s is really underpaid and I'm not sixteen until late August. So I must wait.

same here! late august bday and friends who are 16 are already working... sucks!:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm looking to do grade 8 piano in summer too. When is your last exam? I'm asking my piano teacher to book me in for my exam as late as possible because I'll have more free time to practice then. See if you can change the date to a bit later, that way you'll have more time to prepare. And maybe you could work towards it as well as your revision, including practice time in your revision timetable. I'm sure that if you can revise for that many exams you can squeeze in violin too :yy:
Original post by SampleX

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you should give it a go, will anything happen if you don't pass? Will they make you start all over or something? Sorry I'm not very knowledgeable on theses things :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ha27
same here! late august bday and friends who are 16 are already working... sucks!:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine's the 29th, I'm the youngest in a year of 270 :awesome: other people are working and doing other 16 year old things and I'm just sitting there like 'not for another 8 months'. I stopped so many people from watching 15 rated films last year at school... :colone:
Original post by Canttellyou
I think you should give it a go, will anything happen if you don't pass? Will they make you start all over or something? Sorry I'm not very knowledgeable on theses things :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I don't pass, I'll have to retake the exam again, but the exam is £60 a time. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
If I don't pass, I'll have to retake the exam again, but the exam is £60 a time. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you are sure you are ready, go for it. But if you are hesitant, don't risk it, and try to do it at the time you are ready.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really need help with revision; I'm really laidback when it comes to it and I fear that it will affect my chances of getting A/A*s at GCSE. :s-smilie:

So, how do you guys revise? :biggrin:
Original post by Kyou
I really need help with revision; I'm really laidback when it comes to it and I fear that it will affect my chances of getting A/A*s at GCSE. :s-smilie:

So, how do you guys revise? :biggrin:

Hola! I am in Y12 and know how you feel. I may fall asleep soon but what subjects do you do? I can give you some tips if you'd like, although I'm not good at following them through myself! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
Hola! I am in Y12 and know how you feel. I may fall asleep soon but what subjects do you do? I can give you some tips if you'd like, although I'm not good at following them through myself! :biggrin:

Well, Maths, although I don't need help in that subject :smile:.
Aside from Maths, I do English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History MW, Drama, Business and Computing.
I mainly need help in the sciences, as they're just mainly about reading the book and memorising; both of which as I said before, have no clue how to do or get in the mood to revise. :biggrin:
Original post by Kyou
Well, Maths, although I don't need help in that subject :smile:.
Aside from Maths, I do English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History MW, Drama, Business and Computing.
I mainly need help in the sciences, as they're just mainly about reading the book and memorising; both of which as I said before, have no clue how to do or get in the mood to revise. :biggrin:

I too have the same problem with science, but the way I revise is to watch a inspiring video on science which may or may not have anything to do with gcse ( I know it might sounds weird but it works for me) then you might enter your revision session positively, rather than uh it's science, I'll go on my phone instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tango_16
I too have the same problem with science, but the way I revise is to watch a inspiring video on science which may or may not have anything to do with gcse ( I know it might sounds weird but it works for me) then you might enter your revision session positively, rather than uh it's science, I'll go on my phone instead

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here. I hate revising science because there's just too much to cover and you literally need to know everything to have a chance at getting an A/A*. My mum's a science teacher so I have almost every revision material I could need but I really can't be asked. I'm really hoping that the real thing is like the mocks which I think went pretty well for me (I'll have to wait till I get back to confirm).

I have the same problem with history which is long af but I pretty good at remembering the dates and important people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm new on this thread! Just want some advice...
Just got my place at my school's sixth form, which I have to confirm by the 15th. My other option, however, hasn't even sent out interview dates so I doubt I'll know anything before then.

I think I'll probably end up going to my school's sixth form, but I don't know. What should I do?
Original post by pursuedbyabear
Hi, I'm new on this thread! Just want some advice...
Just got my place at my school's sixth form, which I have to confirm by the 15th. My other option, however, hasn't even sent out interview dates so I doubt I'll know anything before then.

I think I'll probably end up going to my school's sixth form, but I don't know. What should I do?

Hey, welcome to the thread :hi:

You should probably talk to your form tutor or your school's sixth form office :yep: If it's another local sixth form then it will have happened before and your school will know how to deal with it :h:

Latest