The Student Room Group

University Campus Codes

Hi there,

My first post so I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I'm all done with my application through UCAS, however there is one thing that I'm stuck on and that is the Campus Codes. I've searched for the codes that I'm supposed to put in there and I have no idea where to find them.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Thank you.
Original post by loooiioool
Hi there,

I'm all done with my application through UCAS, however there is one thing that I'm stuck on and that is the Campus Codes. I've searched for the codes that I'm supposed to put in there and I have no idea where to find them.

Thank you.

Unless your university is split between campuses, for example MMU, Exeter or Durham, there won't be anything to put in this box.
Hi there,

Thank you.

Campus codes are vital for universities like Durham or Exeter where the entire degree is studied at one or other campus. However, many universities teach across several separate parts of the university and do not identify a separate campus. Which universities are you applying to?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Holmstock
Campus codes are vital for universities like Durham or Exeter where the entire degree is studied at one or other campus. However, many universities teach across several separate parts of the university and do not identify a separate campus. Which universities are you applying to?

Thanks for the reply.

I'm applying for Liverpool, Southampton, Plymouth, Swansea and Portsmouth.
Thanks for the reply.

I'm applying for Liverpool, Southampton, Plymouth, Swansea and Portsmouth.

The best way to check this is through the UCAS search tool at http://search.ucas.com/. Once you have entered the search terms and been provided with a list, you can click on a particular course and then select the "how to apply" tab. This has a white box providing the institution code, the course code, the campus code, the institution code name and the short form of the course.

For instance, Liverpool for Maths offers the University of Liverpool, Liverpool Hope or Liverpool John Moores, in various combinations and as three years or four years, but all these options state "main site". If you follow through on the third course listed (G100 at the University of Liverpool), then the "how to apply" tab has a blank for the campus code.

If there is no separate campus code then you can follow the advice given for Edinburgh (taken from http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international/applying/completing-application ):

[h="3"]"Institution and course codes
[/h]If you know the institution code (E56 for Edinburgh) and the course code then you can just type these in but the system will provide you with a list to choose from.
[h="3"]Campus code
[/h]The University does not have separate campus codes. Click the “see list” button and select “main site (- )” and this will enter the necessary information."
Original post by Holmstock
The best way to check this is through the UCAS search tool at http://search.ucas.com/. Once you have entered the search terms and been provided with a list, you can click on a particular course and then select the "how to apply" tab. This has a white box providing the institution code, the course code, the campus code, the institution code name and the short form of the course.

For instance, Liverpool for Maths offers the University of Liverpool, Liverpool Hope or Liverpool John Moores, in various combinations and as three years or four years, but all these options state "main site". If you follow through on the third course listed (G100 at the University of Liverpool), then the "how to apply" tab has a blank for the campus code.

If there is no separate campus code then you can follow the advice given for Edinburgh (taken from http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international/applying/completing-application ):

"Institution and course codes

If you know the institution code (E56 for Edinburgh) and the course code then you can just type these in but the system will provide you with a list to choose from.
Campus code

The University does not have separate campus codes. Click the “see list” button and select “main site (- )” and this will enter the necessary information."

Thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending