The Student Room Group

Work Experience in a Law PS

What if you have no work experience. Do we right that or leave it..
Is that bad for the statement

Posted from TSR Mobile
*write.

And don't write down you don't have any. Replace it with any other relevant activities that show your interest.
I wouldn't include that on my PS. Perhaps make some effort and get WE.
Reply 3
Yeah I am trying to get work experience but it is hard. There's none available. Can students apply for law firms and how?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Farhana787
Yeah I am trying to get work experience but it is hard. There's none available. Can students apply for law firms and how?

Of course you can! But not for a job. Best way to do it would be to write them a letter asking whether you can have a week of work experience (I'm not an expert though, so check with someone who is).
Reply 5
Oh okay. But I am a college student. Is that still okay? Do I have to see my career advisor for this or am I supposed to go to a law firm and request it there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh okay. But I am a college student. Is that still okay? Do I have to see my career advisor for this or am I supposed to go to a law firm and request it there?

Yup. Since you're in college you can't apply for a real job, but you can definitely request work experience. You can speak to your career advisor on how to do this :smile:
Reply 7
Okay I will do. Thanks for your help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What if you have no work experience. Do we right that or leave it..
Is that bad for the statement

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're applying for a law degree then you're applying for an ACADEMIC degree. It does not entitle you to practice law in any way and does not lead automatically to a legal career.

Have a read of http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Writing_a_Personal_Statement_for_Law for ideas on what to include - the work experience section included there is optional
Reply 9
Okaay thank you. That will help a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending