The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by paddyman4
I would, personally. Everton's defence has been shocking and I don't think Baines' penalty duties and attacking tendencies can make up for that long term.

I kept Baines and did Bony -> Benteke..
Original post by Lúcio
With players like Austin and Kane you gotta be careful.
Right now they're picking up great points but when it comes to surprisingly on form strikers you gotta time it right to lose them when they fizzle out.

Is half a season form?
Austin looks fire right now, I'm skippering him, think Costa would have been my second choice.
Original post by sr90
Its not half a season, he's right in saying that. Kane only broke into the team a few weeks ago and Austin only started scoring big in November. We'll probs be taking them out in a few weeks just like Ulloa, Naismith, Welbeck and Berahino before them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Austin's form was not that far off the players you mentioned right from the start of the year. He's scored goals regardless of whether QPR won games. He even scored goals when they were horrible. Sure he is unlikely to keep scoring quite what he has but right now there' s nothing to suggest it'll dry up completely.

Besides which, there was good reasons all along to ditch most of the players you mention. Ulloa's stats were terrible right from the start, Naismith was never guaranteed a start and Welbeck is too expensive to even be considered alongside good budget options.
(edited 9 years ago)
Benched Siggy for Caulker

Original post by Mister Dead
Benched Siggy for Caulker

Went into FPL to bring up some stats and just realised I forgot to sort my team out, **** sake :lol: I changed a couple of things on Boxing Day but I have no idea what I did, think I benched Sigurdsson for Hutton though I have no idea who my captain is...
The differentials the Christmas period brings can either kill you or make your season. Not a great set of fixtures today really, City home to Burnley is probably the pick of the bunch and I don't fancy Toure to score more than a goal. Hoping for a low scoring gameweek if I'm honest, would suit me down to the ground.
Original post by sr90
I benched Sigurdsson for Hutton.

that's a good move. IMO Liverpool are due a shut-out sometime this Phanerozoic eon
that's a good move. IMO Liverpool are due a shut-out sometime this Phanerozoic eon

No Azpi for Chelsea so he'll come off the bench anyway. Soton are missing Bertrand and Clyne, that's going to mess up a lot of teams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
No Azpi for Chelsea so he'll come off the bench anyway. Soton are missing Bertrand and Clyne, that's going to mess up a lot of teams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

same here. Ummed over benching Azpi and wish I had now. Hopefully Mour doesn't bring him on.
same here. Ummed over benching Azpi and wish I had now. Hopefully Mour doesn't bring him on.

I captained Yaya as well... Not in the squad :frown:
Bet Austin scores a hat trick again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
I captained Yaya as well... Not in the squad :frown:
Bet Austin scores a hat trick again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Big Bad Bobby starts alongside. They want this wrapped up by half time. There's going to be goals. Sooner or later someone else has to start scoring them, but I wouldn't bet against Austin scoring 1.
(edited 9 years ago)
George Boyd is the best player to own in the entire game. Every time he has to come off my bench, he scores.
George Boyd is God
Original post by sr90
George Boyd is the best player to own in the entire game. Every time he has to come off my bench, he scores.

Praying Clichy doesn't get brought on :angry:
AUSTIN SCORE FOR GOD SAKE!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
42pts with Sigurdsson left to play, could have been a lot worse as my team is littered with 1's and 2's.
hmmm, i got 39 (-4) with 6 bps to come. 41 points plus siggy. Should see me rise a few places and ditching Seamus ****ing Coleman for Hutton and fielding Caulker is looking inspired if I may tempt fate by saying say so myself.

Should've had the balls to to bench Baines and play Boyd. Everton really are the definition of dog-dirt this season.
Potentially my worst week. Got my Captain choice wrong again after bringing Austin, thought he'd have fun against Palace at home. 21 points so far with Sterling, Siggy, Taylor and Bony still to play

Posted from TSR Mobile
Baines is coming out with my WC. Can imagine Austin may have dried up by a little then, and Kane too. May keep one, but doubt both. Got a nice settled team until then, and don't have to worry about injuries or suspensions or players being rested.

I think most people messed up captaincy today, unless you captained Hazard. I haven't made a good captaincy choice for weeks. Still reeling from Giroud last week.

Hutton coming for Azpi was a nice surprise as I didn't realise Azpi didn't play.

Quick Reply

Latest