The Student Room Group

AS/A2 mocks?!?!?!?

Here we can discuss our mocks that we done for A-levels or any mocks coming up. So far I got:

D for Maths, D for Biology, E for Chemistry and C for economics.

Does anyone think that I can get all four A's for AS by the end of this year? Is there enough time?
Man my parents hate me now man, they had such high expectations of me!
I need to get into medicine!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no
Original post by Agent Solid
Here we can discuss our mocks that we done for A-levels or any mocks coming up. So far I got:

Does anyone think that I can get all four A's for AS by the end of this year? Is there enough time?

I have HIstory, PSY, GovPol and RS mocks coming up in the second week of Jan. But I am so ****ed, I won't get higher than D in them and will probs get an E, probs lower for History
Reply 3
Original post by Flather
no

why not?????
Reply 4
Economics I think is an easy subject thats the reason why I chose it as a fourth option! Am gonna drop it at A2 after the trip to China, because you get to go China at the start of A2.
(edited 9 years ago)
I got an E in my AS maths mock but ended up getting an A in the real exam. Good luck
Reply 6
There's enough time if you stop seeking validation from other people on this forum and actually start working.
Yeah there's enough time, you have to put effort in all the way through the year, start from now, I didn't take AS seriously enough and didn't come out with great grades, it's really about exam technique too. We haven't done our mocks yet, they're coming up after these holidays
How do you even get an E?

Like did you go into the exam with 0 lessons or prep?
Original post by L'Evil Fish

That's really harsh. People can get really bad grades even if they do try hard.

i went through many lessons. I know many more who have got worse than me. A-level exams are harder than GCSE. To get a U you have to reach 40%, then an E is 50%, a D is 60%, a C is 70%, a B is 80%, an A is 90% and an A* is usually 98%.

you have to score quite high inorder to get an A* for A2.

I got an E for the mock. I know someone who got straight U's upto march, and then he got four A's at the end of the year. It aint impossible!
(edited 9 years ago)
well done :smile:

I totally understand how you feel. I would say just revise, do past papers( they are the best) and make sure you know everything. I do the same subjects except economics. I did my As exams last year and I am resitting some of them. Dont even waste a single minute of your independent study time, you'll regret it at the end specially if you want to get into medicine.
Good luck :smile: oh and past papers they are the best.
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
That's really harsh. People can get really bad grades even if they do try hard.

Yeah but an E
i went through many lessons. I know many more who have got worse than me. A-level exams are harder than GCSE. To get a U you have to reach 40%, then an E is 50%, a D is 60%, a C is 70%, a B is 80%, an A is 90% and an A* is usually 98%.

I got an E for the mock. I know someone who got straight U's upto march, and then he got four A's at the end of the year. It aint impossible!

I have done them... And that's incorrect

It's doable, I'm just asking how? Like did you think the mock went well?did you even answer any questions?
Yeah but an E

I have done them... And that's incorrect

It's doable, I'm just asking how? Like did you think the mock went well?did you even answer any questions?

the mock went terrible. my mind went blank and i had a headache
the mock went terrible. my mind went blank and i had a headache

Fair enough, gl
i haven't done a scrap of revision yet and i feel awful........but not awful enough to do anything about it...

You have nearly 55,000 posts on an online student forum and you still don't understand that not everyone is as good at exams as you are.

You're 10% wrong on all of them. It's actually roughly 40% for an E, 50% D, 60% C, 70% B, 80% A, and 90% A*.
I managed to get a D at the end of the year after missing nearly 50% of the year so if you're in every lesson you should be fine. Trust me when I say its difficult to catch up! Have to do AS and A2 at the same time this year

Quick Reply

Latest