The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Absolutely. Trouble is you probably have to be quite rich already to frequent in the circles where you might land one. Alternatively you could just work hard, get a good job and make your own breaks..
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
Absolutely. Trouble is you probably have to be quite rich already to frequent in the circles where you might land one.

That's not true at all. You only need to know where to go to find one, or which connections to make to get one.

Alternatively you could just work hard, get a good job and make your own breaks..

That might not work. Hard work does not guarantee a good job. A good job does not equal good money. None of these things guarantee breaks.

You could be clever and hard working and never get close to a good job.
(edited 9 years ago)
How rich are you talking about?

Also are you good looking?
Reply 4
Original post by bittr n swt
How rich are you talking about?

Also are you good looking?

Into the millions. I'd say so.
Reply 5
Original post by Marie_King
Into the millions. I'd say so.

Is Money>Personality for you?
In the millions?!...why :indiff:

How old are you :sly:
Reply 7
I posted this thread to see what people thought and for debating reasons, not for personal reasons.
Reply 8
Original post by Marie_King
I posted this thread to see what people thought and for debating reasons, not for personal reasons.

Then why didn't you say this prior to your comment stating that you think you're good looking ?
Original post by DeceitfulDove
In the millions?!...why :indiff:

How old are you :sly:

:sly:
Reply 10
Original post by Sulpha
Then why didn't you say this prior to your comment stating that you think you're good looking ?

I apologize , I should have outlined that this is all in 'a hypothetical situation'. And for my previous comment I was simply playing the devils advocate - again for debating purposes.
sure, but acknowledge this:
it's stupid for women to be expecting equal pay when they think, like this, that men in society, should earn more than them, or a lot more.
Original post by zippity.doodah
sure, but acknowledge this:
it's stupid for women to be expecting equal pay when they think, like this, that men in society, should earn more than them, or a lot more.

Would you say that women have developed a culture of dependency where they solely rely on men rather than getting the education they need and develop the skills they need to be successful?
Original post by Anonymous
Would you say that women have developed a culture of dependency where they solely rely on men rather than getting the education they need and develop the skills they need to be successful?

well, obviously, for some women there is a bit of a culture of dependency, so those women have no grounds for arguing for them getting equal wages if they think men should ideally earn more.
Original post by Clip
That's not true at all. You only need to know where to go to find one, or which connections to make to get one.

That might not work. Hard work does not guarantee a good job. A good job does not equal good money. None of these things guarantee breaks.

You be clever and hard working and never get close to a good job.

- attractive
- clever manipulation of monetary supply, study finance, economics, etc
- good social skills

you can be hard working, if you do a crap job 9-5 and you don't make the connections thats all youll be doing for the rest of your life; if you want money best way is to study money, and follow it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Does money matter in relationships?

Not to me it doesn't. I never want to rely on a man for money, I'm a grown woman I can and should take care of myself and it is selfish and sexist for me to expect a man to pay for me purely on the basis that he has a penis.
Original post by Anonymous

Not dependency, rather a culture of ENTITLEMENT. Honestly I'm female, but it does my head in listening to some of my friends complaining that their boyfriends don't buy them nice things or take them out for expensive meals. I ask them what they do for their boyfriends and the answer is generally nothing, yet they still think they deserve to be treated better than them? It's weird and it's pathetic.
Reply 17
The chance of being with a rich man wiling to spend lots of money on you as well as being happy in all ways is very low. And if he dumps you before you are married there is always a chance you will be completely on your own with nothing, however you could be incredibly happy if you find a 'nice' rich man who wants kids etc
Reply 18
Original post by SophieSmall
Does money matter in relationships?

Not to me it doesn't. I never want to rely on a man for money, I'm a grown woman I can and should take care of myself and it is selfish and sexist for me to expect a man to pay for me purely on the basis that he has a penis.

But are you a rational person?
Im guessing your about 14 years old?

Latest

Trending

Trending